YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Team Threads Archive > Team Clownfish (M) - Chat

Comments Showing 1-47 of 47 (47 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ariel (last edited May 25, 2017 05:31AM) (new)

Ariel (taylortheteacher) | 883 comments Team Clownfish
Ariel ✓
Maica
Aly ✓
Andrea ✓
Natalia ✓

Team Reviews: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Please check in by June 1st

message 2: by Ariel (new)

Ariel (taylortheteacher) | 883 comments First Batch of Key Words:

52. Bone
96. **Wildcard** Any book
63. Strange
4. Boy
27. You

After you check in, I will PM you our spreadsheet!

message 3: by Natalia (new)

Natalia (natalken) | 137 comments Checking in :)

message 4: by Andy (new)

Andy | 13967 comments Hi guys! Checking in!

message 5: by Andy (new)

Andy | 13967 comments Do you guys want to have a spreadsheet? I can make one. And I'll look up some books to give everyone some ideas.

message 6: by Ariel (new)

Ariel (taylortheteacher) | 883 comments Andrea wrote: "Do you guys want to have a spreadsheet? I can make one. And I'll look up some books to give everyone some ideas."

Hi, I made one already! I will message it to you :)

message 7: by Andy (new)

Andy | 13967 comments One thing I was thinking is that we should try to save the Wildcard category, until nothing fits in the other ones

message 8: by Ariel (new)

Ariel (taylortheteacher) | 883 comments Andrea wrote: "One thing I was thinking is that we should try to save the Wildcard category, until nothing fits in the other ones"

I like the way you think & I have to agree!

message 9: by Andy (new)

Andy | 13967 comments I found some lists that might help out:
Bone/Blood list: https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/8...

Boy: https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/4...

message 10: by Andy (new)

Andy | 13967 comments Also, I'll read I'll give you the sun with you Ariel

message 11: by Ariel (new)

Ariel (taylortheteacher) | 883 comments Andrea wrote: "Also, I'll read I'll give you the sun with you Ariel"

Perfect! What day works for you?

message 12: by Andy (new)

Andy | 13967 comments Any day, haven't planned anything yet.

message 13: by Ariel (new)

Ariel (taylortheteacher) | 883 comments Andrea wrote: "Any day, haven't planned anything yet."

Okay, let's start on the 1st with it :)

message 14: by ❤ Aly ❤ (new)

❤ Aly ❤ | 3578 comments Checking in

message 15: by Ariel (new)

Ariel (taylortheteacher) | 883 comments Aly wrote: "Checking in"

Awesome, I'll send you the spreadsheet!

message 16: by ❤ Aly ❤ (new)

❤ Aly ❤ | 3578 comments Well.. I think we may have Bone covered..

Since I am buddy reading Shadow and Bone with Ariel and Ink and Bone with Andrea..

message 17: by ❤ Aly ❤ (new)

❤ Aly ❤ | 3578 comments Andrea- I'll buddy read The Boy Most Likely To and Strange the Dreamer with you

message 18: by ❤ Aly ❤ (new)

❤ Aly ❤ | 3578 comments I apologize for being all over the place with my book selections at the moment. I am trying to find options that work and I am able to get.

message 19: by Andy (new)

Andy | 13967 comments Sounds good to me. Right now Ariel and I are doing I'll give you the sun on the 1st so we can do strange the dreamer and ink and bone any day after that.

message 20: by ❤ Aly ❤ (new)

❤ Aly ❤ | 3578 comments Andrea wrote: "Sounds good to me. Right now Ariel and I are doing I'll give you the sun on the 1st so we can do strange the dreamer and ink and bone any day after that."

I'm free after the 5th

message 21: by Natalia (new)

Natalia (natalken) | 137 comments do buddy reads count as one book, or separately for every person who reads it?

message 22: by Andy (new)

Andy | 13967 comments Each person a books reads counts once. Buddy reads double the amount of points you get for that one book. So since Ariel and I are reading "I'll give you the sun" together, we both get to count it for You and we get double the points for it.

message 23: by Andy (new)

Andy | 13967 comments Aly, how about the 5th for Ink and Bone, then the 7th for Strange the Dreamer.

message 24: by ❤ Aly ❤ (new)

❤ Aly ❤ | 3578 comments Fine with me

message 25: by Andy (new)

Andy | 13967 comments I'll request them then!

message 26: by ❤ Aly ❤ (new)

❤ Aly ❤ | 3578 comments Thanks

message 27: by Andy (new)

Andy | 13967 comments I'm gonna claim one of the Wildcard spots for Caraval since I know it can't fit anywhere else. Hoping to make as many of my books BRs, so we can rack up as many points as possible.

message 28: by ❤ Aly ❤ (new)

❤ Aly ❤ | 3578 comments Andrea wrote: "I'm gonna claim one of the Wildcard spots for Caraval since I know it can't fit anywhere else. Hoping to make as many of my books BRs, so we can rack up as many points as possible."

I am up for Caraval, but I may have to put one of my Bone books in my wildcard spot..

message 29: by Andy (new)

Andy | 13967 comments We can always bank books too in hopes of using them later.

message 30: by Andy (new)

Andy | 13967 comments Would it be okay to set the thread for the third? And then you can jump in whenever you are free? I don't have much to do currently since I'm unemployed. I basically spend all my free time reading.

message 31: by ❤ Aly ❤ (new)

❤ Aly ❤ | 3578 comments Andrea wrote: "Would it be okay to set the thread for the third? And then you can jump in whenever you are free? I don't have much to do currently since I'm unemployed. I basically spend all my free time reading."

Are you talking about Caraval?

I am not very busy at the moment. I am just trying to find a summer job to help with paying student loans.

message 32: by Andy (new)

Andy | 13967 comments Yeah for Caraval.

message 33: by Andy (new)

Andy | 13967 comments I want to try and get the books I picked out done within the first week of June if possible lol

message 34: by ❤ Aly ❤ (new)

❤ Aly ❤ | 3578 comments That is fine

message 35: by Andy (new)

Andy | 13967 comments Awesome, I'll set up the thread!

message 36: by Ariel (new)

Ariel (taylortheteacher) | 883 comments I can jump on Caraval if I can get it in from my library!

message 37: by Andy (new)

Andy | 13967 comments Sounds good to me!

message 38: by ✦ Maica ✦ (new)

✦ Maica ✦ (maicacruz) | 712 comments Hello, I'm checking in! :)

message 39: by ✦ Maica ✦ (last edited May 25, 2017 09:14PM) (new)

✦ Maica ✦ (maicacruz) | 712 comments Here are some of the books I plan on reading for the challenge :)

52. Bone Shadow and Bone (The Grisha, #1) by Leigh Bardugo or The Bone Witch (The Bone Witch, #1) by Rin Chupeco
63. Strange Strange the Dreamer (Strange the Dreamer, #1) by Laini Taylor
27. You You (You, #1) by Caroline Kepnes

I'll add more after June starts. I'm also interested in buddy reading with you guys, though I have no idea how it works haha ^^

message 40: by Andy (new)

Andy | 13967 comments For buddy reads you can request a buddy from the reading buddies thread by telling people what you want to read. Or you can join any already planned buddy reads in the June 2017 buddy reads thread.

message 41: by Andy (new)

Andy | 13967 comments I also wanted you guys to know that I got a temp job through the fifteenth! I'm going to stick with the planned reads I have so far and try to finish them all as soon as I can.

message 42: by ✦ Maica ✦ (new)

✦ Maica ✦ (maicacruz) | 712 comments Andrea wrote: "For buddy reads you can request a buddy from the reading buddies thread by telling people what you want to read. Or you can join any already planned buddy reads in the June 2017 buddy reads thread."

Ohhhh. I kind of understand it now, thank you! :)

message 43: by ❤ Aly ❤ (new)

❤ Aly ❤ | 3578 comments Andrea wrote: "I also wanted you guys to know that I got a temp job through the fifteenth! I'm going to stick with the planned reads I have so far and try to finish them all as soon as I can."

Awesome Andrea! Can I have some of your luck? :)

message 44: by Andy (new)

Andy | 13967 comments Aly wrote: "Andrea wrote: "I also wanted you guys to know that I got a temp job through the fifteenth! I'm going to stick with the planned reads I have so far and try to finish them all as soon as I can."

Awe..."

Haha sure, if I knew how to give away luck. I'm hoping the place will hire me again after this project is over, but no guarantees :/

message 45: by ❤ Aly ❤ (new)

❤ Aly ❤ | 3578 comments Andrea wrote: "Aly wrote: "Andrea wrote: "I also wanted you guys to know that I got a temp job through the fifteenth! I'm going to stick with the planned reads I have so far and try to finish them all as soon as ..."

What do you do? Hoping that question makes sense.. lol

message 46: by Andy (new)

Andy | 13967 comments I'm a test scorer so depending on the project we're assigned a question from a standardized test and we grade every student response received.

message 47: by Andy (new)

Andy | 13967 comments It's not bad, but usually my eyes hurt by the end of the day lol. Computer screens are too bright.