YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Team Threads Archive > Team Angelfish (M) - Chat

Comments Showing 1-50 of 222 (222 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (last edited Jun 21, 2017 07:50AM) (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 22785 comments Mod
Team Angelfish
Bookbuyer ✔
Vanessa ✔
Ashley ✔
Jackie ✔
Heather ✔

Review Thread: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...
Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/...

Please check in by June 1st! ^-^

message 2: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (last edited Jun 12, 2017 12:59PM) (new)

Key Words:

1. Normal
2. Ghost
3. Red
4. And
5. Burn
6. The

message 3: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (last edited Jun 06, 2017 02:35PM) (new)

Personal Planning Thread:

BRs

1st - Red Rising (Red Rising, #1) by Pierce Brown with Vanessa
1st - Red Winter (Red Winter Trilogy #1) by Annette Marie with Vanessa
2nd - Royal Bastards by Andrew Shvarts with Vanessa
3rd - The Burning Sky (The Elemental Trilogy, #1) by Sherry Thomas with Vanessa
5th - Paranormalcy (Paranormalcy, #1) by Kiersten White with Vanessa
12th - Age of Myth (The Legends of the First Empire, #1) by Michael J. Sullivan with CP

Possible books:

Normal: Faking Normal (Faking Normal, #1) by Courtney C. Stevens
Ghost: Unholy Ghosts (Downside Ghosts, #1) by Stacia Kane The Girl with Ghost Eyes (Xian Li-lin, #1) by M.H. Boroson The Ruby Ghost by June Calvin
Red: Blood Red Road (Dust Lands, #1) by Moira Young Defiance (Defiance #1) by C.J. Redwine Gods of Chaos (Red Magic #2) by Jen McConnel King's Cage (Red Queen, #3) by Victoria Aveyard Masque of the Red Death (Masque of the Red Death, #1) by Bethany Griffin Red-Headed Stepchild (Sabina Kane, #1) by Jaye Wells Ruby Red (Precious Stone Trilogy, #1) by Kerstin Gier
And: The Bear and the Nightingale by Katherine Arden A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #1) by Sarah J. Maas Daughter of Smoke & Bone (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #1) by Laini Taylor Night of Cake & Puppets (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #2.5) by Laini Taylor Royal Bastards by Andrew Shvarts Toads and Diamonds by Heather Tomlinson
Burn: Burn (Dark in You, #1) by Suzanne Wright Burned by Magic (The Baine Chronicles, #1) by Jasmine Walt Burning Bright (The Extraordinaries #1) by Melissa McShane Burning Glass (Burning Glass, #1) by Kathryn Purdie The Burning Hand (The Orphan Queen, #0.3) by Jodi Meadows Burnt Offerings (Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, #7) by Laurell K. Hamilton Cold Burn of Magic (Black Blade, #1) by Jennifer Estep Frost Burned (Mercy Thompson, #7) by Patricia Briggs

So this is one of those challenges that require a lot of communication and planning so first does anyone know how to make a spreadsheet?

message 5: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4391 comments Checking in.

message 6: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4391 comments I think I can, I just need to know what you would want it to look like.

message 7: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (xanthax) | 2525 comments I have a spreadsheet! I can link it later. Since this is very similar to family fortunes I just reused that one.

message 8: by Ashley (last edited May 24, 2017 09:37AM) (new)

Ashley (xanthax) | 2525 comments I can send the link now but I can't fix the editing permissions until later: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/...

Edit: Nevermind, I figured out how to do the permissions on the app so we should be in business. Feel free to change the format of the spreadsheet.

message 9: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4391 comments I'll look through my books this weekend. I'm taking two online summer classes that end the second week of June, so I'll mostly be updating on weekends.

message 10: by ♛Vanessa♛ (new)

♛Vanessa♛ Fangirl Faction (fangirlfaction) | 2936 comments Howdy everyone! I will start getting a list of books together that I can read with the key words. =]

message 11: by ♛Vanessa♛ (last edited Jun 11, 2017 05:17PM) (new)

♛Vanessa♛ Fangirl Faction (fangirlfaction) | 2936 comments Personal Planning Thread:

Possible books:

Normal: Paranormalcy (Paranormalcy, #1) by Kiersten White Supernaturally (Paranormalcy, #2) by Kiersten White Endlessly (Paranormalcy, #3) by Kiersten White

Ghost: Ghostly Echoes (Jackaby, #3) by William Ritter Ghostgirl (Ghostgirl, #1) by Tonya Hurley

Red: Immortal Fire (Red Winter Trilogy #3) by Annette Marie Dark Tempest (Red Winter Trilogy #2) by Annette Marie Red Sister (Book of the Ancestor, #1) by Mark Lawrence Red Rising (Red Rising, #1) by Pierce Brown Golden Son (Red Rising, #2) by Pierce Brown Morning Star (Red Rising, #3) by Pierce Brown Beyond the Red (Beyond The Red, #1) by Ava Jae Black Widow Forever Red (Black Widow, #1) by Margaret Stohl Black Widow Red Vengeance (Black Widow, #2) by Margaret Stohl

And: A Court of Wings and Ruin (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #3) by Sarah J. Maas The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1) by Rick Riordan Days of Blood & Starlight (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #2) by Laini Taylor Dreams of Gods & Monsters (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #3) by Laini Taylor Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7) by J.K. Rowling Of Fire and Stars by Audrey Coulthurst Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell Gates of Thread and Stone (Gates of Thread and Stone #1) by Lori M. Lee Royal Bastards by Andrew Shvarts

Burn: A Shadow Bright and Burning (Kingdom on Fire, #1) by Jessica Cluess The Burning Sky (The Elemental Trilogy, #1) by Sherry Thomas Burning Bright (The Extraordinaries #1) by Melissa McShane

The: The Magician (The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel, #2) by Michael Scott The Dark Days Pact (Lady Helen, #2) by Alison Goodman Carve the Mark (Carve the Mark, #1) by Veronica Roth Strange the Dreamer (Strange the Dreamer, #1) by Laini Taylor The Ruins by T.H. Hernandez Ever the Hunted (Clash of Kingdoms, #1) by Erin Summerill

Definitely reading this month (May fit other key words later on):
Immortal Fire (Red Winter Trilogy #3) by Annette Marie Dark Tempest (Red Winter Trilogy #2) by Annette Marie Shades of Earth (Across the Universe, #3) by Beth Revis These Broken Stars (Starbound, #1) by Amie Kaufman The Burning Sky (The Elemental Trilogy, #1) by Sherry Thomas Paranormalcy (Paranormalcy, #1) by Kiersten White Red Rising (Red Rising, #1) by Pierce Brown Reign of Blood (Reign of Blood, #1) by Alexia Purdy

Currently Reading:
The Burning Sky (The Elemental Trilogy, #1) by Sherry Thomas Paranormalcy (Paranormalcy, #1) by Kiersten White Red Rising (Red Rising, #1) by Pierce Brown The Magician (The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel, #2) by Michael Scott Ever the Hunted (Clash of Kingdoms, #1) by Erin Summerill

Completed:
Red Winter (Red Winter Trilogy #1) by Annette Marie Royal Bastards by Andrew Shvarts

Buddy Reads:
06/01/2017:
Red Rising (Red Rising, #1) by Pierce Brown with Bookbuyer
Red Winter (Red Winter Trilogy #1) by Annette Marie with Bookbuyer*COMPLETED*
06/02/2017:
Royal Bastards by Andrew Shvarts with Bookbuyer *COMPLETED*

06/03/2017:
The Burning Sky (The Elemental Trilogy, #1) by Sherry Thomas with Bookbuyer

06/05/2017:
Paranormalcy (Paranormalcy, #1) by Kiersten White with Bookbuyer

06/14/2017:
Shades of Earth (Across the Universe, #3) by Beth Revis with Circe

06/19/2017:
These Broken Stars (Starbound, #1) by Amie Kaufman with Circe

message 12: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Everybody's checked in. :) Now we're just waiting on Soumya.

message 13: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Ashley wrote: "I can send the link now but I can't fix the editing permissions until later: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/...

Edit: Nevermind, I figured out how ..."

Thanks for making the spreadsheet Ashley! :D

message 14: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (last edited May 25, 2017 06:06PM) (new)

So I've claimed two spots each for Red and And as I know I'll have the books for those. I don't like to over plan though so I just put down TBD for now until I'm sure what books I'll read. :)

message 15: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4391 comments I don't like planning much, so I'm just going to go with the flow and what my mood says. I'll let you all know what I end up reading.

message 16: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Jackie wrote: "I don't like planning much, so I'm just going to go with the flow and what my mood says. I'll let you all know what I end up reading."

KK. :)

message 17: by ♛Vanessa♛ (last edited May 26, 2017 07:58AM) (new)

♛Vanessa♛ Fangirl Faction (fangirlfaction) | 2936 comments Would any of you want to buddy read any of these for red?:
Red Rising (Red Rising, #1) by Pierce Brown Golden Son (Red Rising, #2) by Pierce Brown Morning Star (Red Rising, #3) by Pierce Brown
Red Winter (Red Winter Trilogy #1) by Annette Marie Immortal Fire (Red Winter Trilogy #3) by Annette Marie Dark Tempest (Red Winter Trilogy #2) by Annette Marie
Red Sister (Book of the Ancestor, #1) by Mark Lawrence

message 18: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (xanthax) | 2525 comments Bookbuyer wrote: "Ashley wrote: "I can send the link now but I can't fix the editing permissions until later: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/...

Edit: Nevermind, I f..."

No problem!

Would anyone like to buddy read Some Kind of Normal by Juliana Stone ?

message 19: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Vanessa wrote: "Would any of you want to buddy read any of these for red?:
Red Rising (Red Rising, #1) by Pierce Brown Golden Son (Red Rising, #2) by Pierce Brown Morning Star (Red Rising, #3) by Pierce Brown
Red Winter (Red Winter Trilogy #1) by Annette Marie [bookcov..."

I can do Red Rising. :)

message 20: by ♛Vanessa♛ (new)

♛Vanessa♛ Fangirl Faction (fangirlfaction) | 2936 comments Bookbuyer wrote: "Vanessa wrote: "Would any of you want to buddy read any of these for red?:
[bookcover:Red Winter|31..."

Awesome! Do you want to start that one on the 1st?

message 21: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Vanessa wrote: "Bookbuyer wrote: "Vanessa wrote: "Would any of you want to buddy read any of these for red?:
[bookc..."

Sure. I'll ask for the thread. :)

message 22: by ♛Vanessa♛ (new)

♛Vanessa♛ Fangirl Faction (fangirlfaction) | 2936 comments Bookbuyer wrote: "Vanessa wrote: "Bookbuyer wrote: "Vanessa wrote: "Would any of you want to buddy read any of these for red?:
Red Rising (Red Rising, #1) by Pierce Brown Golden Son (Red Rising, #2) by Pierce Brown [bookcover:Morning Star|..."

Perfect. Thanks!

message 23: by ♛Vanessa♛ (new)

♛Vanessa♛ Fangirl Faction (fangirlfaction) | 2936 comments Bookbuyer - Would you want to buddy read Paranormalcy (Paranormalcy, #1) by Kiersten White ? I see that we both posted it on our "maybe" lists. =P

message 24: by ♛Vanessa♛ (new)

♛Vanessa♛ Fangirl Faction (fangirlfaction) | 2936 comments Bookbuyer - I also have an e-copy of The Burning Sky (The Elemental Trilogy, #1) by Sherry Thomas on one of my drives, so if you'd like to read that one I can do that as well. =]

message 25: by ♛Vanessa♛ (new)

♛Vanessa♛ Fangirl Faction (fangirlfaction) | 2936 comments I claimed two Red spots since I am already going to be reading the books and they both fit the category.

message 26: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (last edited May 27, 2017 09:30PM) (new)

I can do both Paranormalcy and The Burning Sky. :)

Want to do them right after Red Rising? Say about the 3-4th or and the 5-6th?

message 27: by ♛Vanessa♛ (new)

♛Vanessa♛ Fangirl Faction (fangirlfaction) | 2936 comments Bookbuyer wrote: "I can do both Paranormalcy and The Burning Sky. :)

Want to do them right after Red Rising? Say about the 3-4th or and the 5-6th?"

Yeah, those dates are fine with me. =]

message 28: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Vanessa wrote: "Bookbuyer wrote: "I can do both Paranormalcy and The Burning Sky. :)

Yeah, those dates are fine with me. =]"

KK. I'll set them for the 3rd and the 5th then. :)

message 29: by ♛Vanessa♛ (new)

♛Vanessa♛ Fangirl Faction (fangirlfaction) | 2936 comments Bookbuyer wrote: "Vanessa wrote: "Bookbuyer wrote: "I can do both Paranormalcy and The Burning Sky. :)

Yeah, those dates are fine with..."

Awesome. Thank you! =]

message 30: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Vanessa wrote: "Bookbuyer wrote: "Vanessa wrote: "Bookbuyer wrote: "I can do both Paranormalcy and The Burning Sky. :)

Yeah, those d..."

^-^

message 31: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (last edited Jun 01, 2017 02:19AM) (new)

So I've started Red Rising (4%). I'm hoping to get half done today and also at least half done of Royal Bastards.

message 32: by ♛Vanessa♛ (new)

♛Vanessa♛ Fangirl Faction (fangirlfaction) | 2936 comments I'm starting Red Rising right now! =D I'm at work though, so I can only read a little bit at a time until I get home. =]

message 33: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (last edited Jun 01, 2017 07:40AM) (new)

So I've updated our spreadsheet with our new BR Vanessa. I put it in the And category as it's currently the only spot for it. :)

I've also added (BR) next to all the BRs so that we know what books are BRs. :)

message 34: by ♛Vanessa♛ (last edited Jun 01, 2017 09:40AM) (new)

♛Vanessa♛ Fangirl Faction (fangirlfaction) | 2936 comments Which book fits the And category? Sorry, I can't view the spreadsheet at work. Google Docs is blocked for some reason. =/

Edit: Oh, okay. ANDrew. I see it now. =P Hehe.

message 35: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Vanessa wrote: "Which book fits the And category? Sorry, I can't view the spreadsheet at work. Google Docs is blocked for some reason. =/"

Royal Bastards by Andrew Shvarts

message 36: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4391 comments I can read Red Queen for Red. I need it for another challenge as well, so that's perfect.

message 37: by Soumya (new)

Soumya  (-crazyangelicvamp-) Oops!!!! I'm sooo sorry!!!!!!!!!!!

message 38: by Soumya (last edited Jun 01, 2017 09:48PM) (new)

Soumya  (-crazyangelicvamp-) So I'm really lost (surprise!). We need something for Ghost, don't we?

message 39: by Soumya (new)

Soumya  (-crazyangelicvamp-) @Vanessa I can BR Days of Blood and Starlight and the next one in the series. :)

message 40: by Soumya (new)

Soumya  (-crazyangelicvamp-) And I can pick up Eleanor & Park and Ghostgirl as well.

message 41: by Soumya (new)

Soumya  (-crazyangelicvamp-) MY READING LIST

And:
The Girl of Fire and Thorns (Fire and Thorns, #1) by Rae Carson Etiquette & Espionage (Finishing School, #1) by Gail Carriger Of Beast and Beauty by Stacey Jay

Ghost
The Ghost and the Goth (The Ghost and the Goth, #1) by Stacey Kade Unholy Ghosts (Downside Ghosts, #1) by Stacia Kane

Burn
Burn for Burn (Burn for Burn, #1) by Jenny Han Once Burned (Night Prince, #1) by Jeaniene Frost

Normal
Faking Normal (Faking Normal, #1) by Courtney C. Stevens The Edge of Normal (Reeve LeClaire, #1) by Carla Norton Normal (Normal #1) by Graeme Cameron

Red
Ruby Red (Precious Stone Trilogy, #1) by Kerstin Gier NYPD Red (NYPD Red, #1) by James Patterson Red Queen (Red Queen, #1) by Victoria Aveyard

message 42: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

So right now we have a lot of books that count for Red. So just remember to keep track of what else your book can count for so that when our next category comes up we can hopefully put some there. :)

message 43: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (xanthax) | 2525 comments Remember to keep track of the spreadsheet as well, and update it when you can even if you can't update on our team thread.

message 44: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

I've added Jackie's Red Queen to the banked books for the moment.

I don't know which book Soumya is starting with so I'll wait to add her book or let her add how own. :)

message 45: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (xanthax) | 2525 comments I finished Some Kind of Normal, but I won't have time to write the review for a while.

message 46: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jackiegirl02) | 4391 comments I finished red queen and will start the next one right now. I am going to write my review sometime today or tomorrow.

message 47: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (xanthax) | 2525 comments I finished The Demigod Files since it was pretty short, and I've switched Jackie's Red Queen from banked to a red slot since she finished first. Once again I won't be able to get to this review for a while since I work all weekend.

message 48: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (xanthax) | 2525 comments Would anyone like to buddy Trouble in Mudbug (Ghost-in-Law, #1) by Jana Deleon for ghost?

message 49: by Sarah Elizabeth (new)

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 84153 comments Mod
Adding Heather to your team ☺

message 50: by ♛Vanessa♛ (new)

♛Vanessa♛ Fangirl Faction (fangirlfaction) | 2936 comments Welcome to the team, Heather!

« previous 1 3 4 5