Mortal Instruments & Infernal Devices Lovers! discussion

The Dark Artifices > Thoughts about Lord of Shadows? Was what you were expecting?

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by giulia_arg (new)

giulia_arg (giuar95) | 10 comments I absolutely loved it, even if it broke my heart. The last chapter was heartbreaking. I can't wait 2019 😒😒😒 i loved how we discovered the truth about Diana. Hearing the point of view of Kieran and Gwyn! I'm so in love with Gwyn!!!

message 2: by Damilola (new)

Damilola (dlolaa) | 72 comments I don't even know what to say. I loved it!! But the ending oh my goodness. I don't think I can get over that. Come quickly 2019!!

message 3: by claire (new)

claire (cechang) OMG it was so much better than what I was expecting. It completely ruined me and I can't get over that awful awful ending. My heart can't take that!!!! πŸ˜±πŸ˜«πŸ˜©πŸ˜΅πŸ€§πŸ˜­πŸ’”πŸ’”πŸ’”I CANT WAIT UNTIL 2019 AHHHHH

message 4: by Kyle (new)

Kyle | 4 comments It was so sad in parts. My heart broke for Clary when she told Emma why she couldn't marry Jace. I hate how much pressure Julian had to deal with since the Dark War. I hope Magnus finds an answers.

message 5: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Damiao (mandy182) | 4 comments oh my! heartbreaking!!! is she really gone ?? i was afraid something like this would happen but not as a cliffhanger... ,maybe there is something more to it, i hope so!

message 6: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Damiao (mandy182) | 4 comments i loved the book, so well written! kudos to Cassandra, she is awesome ! couldnt put it down

message 7: by Sam (new)

Sam | 35 comments Kyle wrote: "It was so sad in parts. My heart broke for Clary when she told Emma why she couldn't marry Jace. I hate how much pressure Julian had to deal with since the Dark War. I hope Magnus finds an answers."

Why can't she marry him? It has been driving me CRAZY!!!!

message 8: by Tasmin (new)

Tasmin Bradshaw (taz13) | 9 comments I couldn't put this one down and that ending had me In tears definitely one of my favourite books

message 9: by Karina (new)

Karina Irismetov | 6 comments I Love the book, it is so well written and sad.. one of the worst parts for me was when Julien said to Emma: " Break my heart, break it in pieces. I give you permission. " I'm still recovering and don't know how to wait for two years..

message 10: by Aiko (new)

Aiko (aikoa) | 10 comments omg I loved it! poor jules😭😭 I almost cried myself when Livvy got killed... I feel so bad for Tibbie, he really needs his sister but atleast he has Kit. I would have never guessed Diana's secret i hope one day she can tell kids one day and poor Alec after all he's been through life just want keep him in the sun very long i just want him to be happy damn it! ~~ all in all i fucking loved it to death! I hurry up and come already 2019

message 11: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Damiao (mandy182) | 4 comments Im in denial that Livy has died... Im hoping that Cassandra is making us believe she died ... i really wanna believe on that ! Heheeh

message 12: by Damilola (new)

Damilola (dlolaa) | 72 comments I really hope that Julian and Emma will draw on each other's special parabatai-loving strength and rune Livvy back to life, she can't die this way😭

message 13: by giulia_arg (new)

giulia_arg (giuar95) | 10 comments Sam wrote: "Kyle wrote: "It was so sad in parts. My heart broke for Clary when she told Emma why she couldn't marry Jace. I hate how much pressure Julian had to deal with since the Dark War. I hope Magnus find..."

(view spoiler)

message 14: by Liv (new)

Liv (livdalfino) | 6 comments I loved the book! I think it's some of Cassie's best work yet. I just still can't get over those last couple of pages. I can't believe we have to wait 2 year to get the last installment, and idk what I'm going to do😭 I legit cried so much after Livvy's death its not even funny

reply | flag *

message 15: by Sam (new)

Sam | 35 comments giulia_argentini wrote: "Sam wrote: "Kyle wrote: "It was so sad in parts. My heart broke for Clary when she told Emma why she couldn't marry Jace. I hate how much pressure Julian had to deal with since the Dark War. I hope..."

Thank you! Nothing is worse then having to wait to buy the next book in a series but knowing vague spoilers that slowly drive you insane..

message 16: by Jo (new)

Jo (jojosephine) It was a wonderfully written follow on from Lady Midnight. I was hooked from the first page, and loved how when they split into groups it followed the developments in different chapters. Great way to build suspense!

Onto actual events; was not expecting Diana's reason for not wanting to run the institute to open up those issues - great to cover such a difficult topic so well. Cassie Clare helped readers really comprehend how difficult a situation she found herself in.
With Jules and Emma, I loved they made the decision to try find a way to be together without tearing the family apart - but wonder how this will pan out now Robert died at the meeting?!
Poor Livvy and Ty - how will he cope with her passing, I'm not sure what to expect. But also eager to see what effects this has on the whole family; Mark being torn between Faery and family, Helen and then the younger brother and sister... definitely an emotional rollercoaster of a series!

Thank you Cassie!!

message 17: by Alyson (new)

Alyson Stone (alysonserenastone) | 281 comments The ending was rushed. Those last few pages....wow

message 18: by Niamh (new)

Niamh | 36 comments I really loved the book, and the ending was rushed but still made me cry. (view spoiler)

message 19: by Nefelwma (new)

Nefelwma  (nefelwma) | 3 comments Oh well the book was amazing.
I am heartbroken about Clary's issue mostly because I know how much this will break Jace and ugh.
About what happened at the last chapter. I am mostly sad about the person that was left behind (if you catch my drift) because he was already fragile and after what happened ugh.
About Christopher honestly have a soft spot about Herondales so jdjdjd .
Now about Diana's secret I am touched about the uniqueness of her. I am proud of Cassandra for putting an issue that's been bothering society the last decade .
I just loved the book so much I can't wait till 2019 I am going insane.

message 20: by lcb (new)

lcb  (lcbx) | 1 comments I LOVED IT SO MUCH. It completely blew my mind tbh and I can't express how much the last chapter killed meeee. I'm so ready for the next book but we have to wait agessss ahh

message 21: by shaecamardo (new)

shaecamardo (clockworkwonder) | 14 comments It was AMAZING!! I loved it!! Heartbreaking but SO GOOD!! Can't wait till QOAD comes out I can't wait till 2019 though

message 22: by Laura (new)

Laura | 70 comments God the end of the book was so intense and heartbreaking :'((( I don't want to wait until 2019 for the next book! But overall great book!

message 23: by Heike (new)

Heike (behr0208) | 6 comments Finished the book.....I haven't said a word in 10 minutes, I may never be able to speak again.... Absolutely heartbroken

message 24: by Keira (new)

Keira Everything about this book was perfect. Don't even get me started about the last few chapters. I DON'T cry reading books, but I did for this book. Besides the end of the book, I loved getting to know Ty and Kit and Livvy more, I liked their parts of the book best. I loved hearing Diana's story. I absolutely LOVED Gwyn of the hunt, and how he was crushing on Diana! Julian scares me a bit, I'm afraid if Emma wasn't with him, he'd do something terrible or drastic, and as long as no Blackthorns were hurt, not even blink an eye. Christina, Mark, and Kieran interest me a lot, I don't know what is going to happen with them, but I'm excited to know. Clary thinks she is going to die. Um, no I do not allow that! Clary needs to live and marry Jace and have Herondale babies, not worry about DYING! Magnus and Alec's kids are adorable, and I loved the part at the end when Alec was defending their relationship to Zara. Zara is a terrible person. I wish she would die, or go away. Dru! When she was transported into the faerie realm, and she saw that demon kid, SABASTION AND SEELIE QUEEN CHILD MAYBE?!?!?!?! 10/10 stars for me! This isn't even half of my thoughts, but this is what I needed to get out of my head!

message 25: by hadley (new)

hadley (the_queen_is_dead) | 2 comments I loved LoS even more than Lady Midnight (I didn't think that was possible) Actually, it is one of my favorite books in the entire Shadowhunters universe. Honestly, what really got me was Kitty. I love their relationship so much! You get to see more of Ty's vulnerable side, and you get a glimpse of something between Kit and Ty.... I hope!!! (Please Cassie!) Plus Kieran and Mark take yet another tumble.... but hopefully they come back from it! (I am head-over-heels in love with Kierark) You also get background on why Kieran did what he did, and my heart broke a little. Oh my goodness Livvy at the end broke my heart. I cried for possibly the millionth time while reading that book. Livvy is so strong and brave and I love her protectiveness of Ty. Ty and Livvy both remind me of my sister, so I love them both very deeply. Emma, of course, was awesome, but the main change was Juilan's tough side. His ability to do anything to protect those he loved was always there, but you got to see a little more of it in this book, which was excellent!! Personally, he reminds me of Clary.
"You have a ruthless heart, Valentine's daughter."
Emma is more like Jace, she has lost a lot and acts like she is tough, which she is, but she also has a vulnerable side. Clary and Julian are more willing to do anything to protect those they love. I love those qualities in both of them, and I hope everything works out.
However, I have mixed feelings about Christina. I love her spirit and her determination to bring an end to the Cold Peace, but she has a lot on her plate right now. She obviously still has feelings for Diego that she needs to cope with, plus her situation with Mark and Kieran which is... complicated, to say the least. In Lady Midnight, I was torn between Kieran and Mark and Christina and Mark, because I love Christina's personality and agreed with her beliefs, but I also felt that Kieran and Mark were right for each other. Since reading LoS and the development between Kieran and Mark, however, I'm starting to lean in Kieran's direction, mostly because Mark is all Kieran has, and he did what he did in LM because he was protecting him. Mark, of course, needs to figure out himself as well, and I don't think Christina or Mark is in a place to be in a relationship right now. Kieran knows what he wants, and he will fight for it, which I admire. Both Christina and Mark need to figure themselves out.
There is also the argument that Kieran and Mark aren't right for each other, since they were basically forced together in their time with The Wild Hunt. I believe that it's kind of like the Magnus and Alec relationship after City of Lost Souls. They both have to change to make their relationship work. Whether or not they are willing to change for each other will determine how their relationship unfolds.
Overall, this book was outstanding in every way, and I can't wait for Queen of Air and Darkness!

message 26: by Tacey Raye (new)

Tacey Raye | 17 comments Soooooo good. Broke my heart. I love Diana's story and her romance with Gwin.

message 27: by Stringbean (new)

Stringbean Oh no, guys. Julian is painting the tarot cards in Lady Midnight right. Have you seen that cassandra Jean has drawn a set? And you can buy them? What if in QoAaD Julian uses the cards for evil due to his curse parabati powers, and in Jules' eyes it's a good thing?

message 28: by Stringbean (new)

Stringbean Just looked it up , you can commune with spirits using a tarot deck , will they speak with Libby that way or just use Kit's ability to speak to ghosts. Assuming Livvy hasn't moved on

message 29: by thornress (new)

thornress | 18 comments I ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT. There's no other way I could start this comment. It felt like going back home to a family I grew to love warmly and tenderly. Every scene was artistically and lovingly drawn for the reader to experience as though they were the characters and not just a passerby or an observed. The blackthorns are family. I couldn't have asked for a better book to satisfy my Cassandra Clare books craving. But this book did not JUST do that, it completely shattered my heart and put it back together so many times I forgot how I used to think and feel before I read this book.

PS there are pockets of wisdom in this book. Its so quotable.

message 30: by Bhea (new)

Bhea (bheareads) Aiko wrote: "omg I loved it! poor jules😭😭 I almost cried myself when Livvy got killed... I feel so bad for Tibbie, he really needs his sister but atleast he has Kit. I would have never guessed Diana's secret i ..."

I hope so too. But Cassie already said that even before she wrote The Dark Artifices she already knows when and how Livvy would die. So she's really gone πŸ’”