In the Ruins (Metahuman Files, #2) In the Ruins discussion

BR with Josy and Christelle

Comments Showing 1-50 of 282 (282 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6

Christelle Good reviews, high rating and the promise of a very hot moments....Let's have fun !!!!

Simone Have fun, ladies! I hope to poke my head in here later... ;-)

Christelle Simone wrote: "Have fun, ladies! I hope to poke my head in here later... ;-)"

Hello Simone. Feel free to pop in whenever you can : you're the best stalker, ever :-)
Have a nice day !!

Simone Ohh, thank you, Christelle! *blushes* LOL. I'm on my way to the stable and the vet comes sometime during the morning (nothing urgent), so I don't know when I'll be back at home, but maybe I can pop in when I have to wait for him. :)

Christelle I hope there is nothing too serious :-( Keep Josy and me posted on that !!!

Josy Good morning, ladies!! Sorry, I had a late start this morning but I'm all set now, with my coffee in hand :)

I hope you both had a good night and are ready for the day!

Christelle, I'm afraid I need to take a longer break over lunch. I need to buy some groceries and I totally forgot that tomorrow is a public holiday so I need to do it today :/ I guess it will take me about an hour and a half to drive into the next town and come back. Is that okay?

Simone, I hope the vet can help!! Come visit us whenever you have the time :)

message 7: by Christelle (last edited May 24, 2017 12:29AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Christelle Hello Josy,
For the break : that's not a problem at all. Like I told you, I'm going to need breaks too and it will give me time for me as well. No rush !!
And I'm now intrigued by the length of the book : J said it was short, Simone said it was long : only one wau to figure it out ;)

OK, I'm set : let's begin the party :-)

Josy LOL!! I told you it's long ;) GR says it's 461 pages O.o

Christelle Josy wrote: "LOL!! I told you it's long ;) GR says it's 461 pages O.o"

Good, because my perv side says that size does matter, LOL !!

message 10: by Josy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Josy Holy shit!!!!! I just snorted coffee all over my computer :D
Let me wipe it clean and get my breath back before I continue reading ;)

Christelle **grinning**

message 12: by Josy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Josy This started with a bang!! I'm at 7% and they are back at the base ready for debriefing.

Christelle at 6% : glad the author made references to all the characters and gave some summary back : I now remember all book 1 :-)

message 14: by Josy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Josy Finished chapter 1.
Yeah, I'm really glad that she included some information from the first book in this one. And she did a good job with it, too. Making it part of the story and not just recounting facts.

Christelle 9% - beginning of chapter 2. I feel like I'm watching an "avenger" movie, LOL !
I hope there won't be any mole within the team : I quite like them all ;)

Simone Hey, girls! How I love to hate waiting... *gah* It's not that serious, Christelle, or rather nothing I didn't already know. Jamilah has chronic obstructive bronchitis and it's difficult for her to breathe at the moment. I want to see if an antihistamine shot might help her.

Hailey called this book a monster. She shortened it a bit, but it has 103k words. I did a double take when I read J's comment that it's short. LOL.

message 17: by Josy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Josy Yes, I had the same feeling while reading the first book and this one has the same feel, lol!! It's a good thing I like these movies ;)

I don't know yet about a mole but the possibility is there. But yeah, I hope it isn't one of them. Maybe it's someone else within the organization.

Simone My lips are sealed... LOL.

Christelle @Simone : good to hear that there's nothing threatening with Jamila, although I do hope you will find something to make her more comfortable !!
As for the length of the book, glad to see I'm not the only one to be confused by J's comment !! And as I don't mind long book, it's OK for me :-)

message 20: by Josy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Josy Maybe J meant that it felt short? I had the same feeling while reading Axel's Pup and it has 560 pages. It all fit together so perfectly that I didn't get bored once. There wasn't one moment when I thought it was too drawn out despite the length.

Simone BTW, I still don't get any notifications from GR, just the first one from Christelle, so this is going to be interesting...

But now I got a notification for your comment on my profile last night, Josy, so there's still hope. ;-)

Christelle @ Josy : I'm still surprised by J's comment because I know she doesn't like long book...well, at least, that's what she keeps saying ;)

message 23: by Josy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Josy Simone wrote: "My lips are sealed... LOL."

LOL! Of course they are :)

message 24: by Josy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Josy Christelle wrote: "@ Josy : I'm still surprised by J's comment because I know she doesn't like long book...well, at least, that's what she keeps saying ;)"

Huh... Okay, that's strange.

message 25: by Josy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Josy Simone wrote: "BTW, I still don't get any notifications from GR, just the first one from Christelle, so this is going to be interesting...

But now I got a notification for your comment on my profile last night,..."

Yeah :/ I got over 10 notifications about comments from last night about an hour ago. GR really needs to work on this shit.

message 26: by Simone (last edited May 24, 2017 01:50AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Simone Christelle wrote: "@Simone : good to hear that there's nothing threatening with Jamila, although I do hope you will find something to make her more comfortable !!
As for the length of the book, glad to see I'm not th..."

Thank you, Christelle, I hope it will work, too. If he ever makes an appearance... *twindling thumbs*

Simone Josy wrote: "Maybe J meant that it felt short? I had the same feeling while reading Axel's Pup and it has 560 pages. It all fit together so perfectly that I didn't get bored once. There wasn't o..."

Entirely possible! :) I didn't get bored for a second, but I needed a few days to finish it nonetheless. But I read it during the week when I had to work, so it was no surprise. ;-)

Simone Josy wrote: "Christelle wrote: "@ Josy : I'm still surprised by J's comment because I know she doesn't like long book...well, at least, that's what she keeps saying ;)"

Huh... Okay, that's strange."

Maybe there's a short version out there we don't know of... ;-)

Simone I just checked and Amazon confirms the 461 pages. ;-)

message 30: by Josy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Josy Simone wrote: "I just checked and Amazon confirms the 461 pages. ;-)"

Yes, it really is a monster, lol!!

Christelle an appartment located at the 195th level : not sure I would like that in RL :-(

message 32: by Josy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Josy I'm at this point, too, and no, I wouldn't want to live that high up either O.o

Christelle Josy wrote: "I'm at this point, too, and no, I wouldn't want to live that high up either O.o"

On the contrary : I'm sure you would love the ride in the elevator, LOL ;)

message 34: by Josy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Josy Hahaha!! Maybe. But definitely not after stepping off a plane. My head wouldn't stop spinning, lol!

message 35: by Josy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Josy I was wondering how Kyle could live with Jamie without the MDF knowing about it but the author thought about this and gave an explanation.

message 36: by Josy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Josy Oh, Christelle, I think your comments are showing on the feed. At least I see them on your profile page. Is the box to add your comments to the feed checked? I have unchecked the "Comment on a book or group discussion board" in my account settings so I don't have to remember unchecking each comment individually. When I look at my profile page I don't see my comments showing up.

Christelle Just done it : thanks !! At least, it was not showing on the general feed, that's good :-)

message 38: by Josy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Josy Christelle wrote: "Just done it : thanks !! At least, it was not showing on the general feed, that's good :-)"

:)

Christelle at 19% : that was hot...how useful one has enhanced strength and the other healing capabilities ;)

message 40: by Josy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Josy Christelle wrote: "at 19% : that was hot...how useful one has enhanced strength and the other healing capabilities ;)"

LOL! They are a perfect fit ;)

Christelle I am at 22% (beginning of chapter 4) : is that OK with you to take a break ?

message 42: by Josy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Josy Yes, that would be great! I planned on finishing chapter 3 and then take care of Glori and go shopping.

Christelle Josy wrote: "Yes, that would be great! I planned on finishing chapter 3 and then take care of Glori and go shopping."

Good : we are sooo on the same page :-) I will come back at the beginning of the afternoon and as soon as you're ready, we can resume. And remember : no rush. You're on vacation, so no stress, just relaxation and enjoyment !!
Chat with you later. Good lunch, good time with Glori and good shopping :-)

Simone Phew, I'm back! The vet really showed up, I already thought he had all but forgotten about me... ;-)

Damn, you are fast!!! LOL. At least now a got a notification again, so I hope I'll see when you pick the book up again. :)

message 45: by Josy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Josy LOL! You know I hate shopping so I won't spend more time than absolutely necessary. I've finished chapter 3 and I hope to be back in an hour and a half. I will let you know when I'm ready to continue :)

Christelle Josy wrote: "LOL! You know I hate shopping so I won't spend more time than absolutely necessary. I've finished chapter 3 and I hope to be back in an hour and a half. I will let you know when I'm ready to contin..."

I hate that too, unless when I go to the small stores in the city center. I have to do the "big thing" this week but keep pushing it back...will see on Friday (I tried to bribe my father to do it for me, but I failed :-( Bad, bad father, LOL !!)

Christelle Simone wrote: "Phew, I'm back! The vet really showed up, I already thought he had all but forgotten about me... ;-)

Damn, you are fast!!! LOL. At least now a got a notification again, so I hope I'll see when yo..."

I hate waiting so I do get what you mean ;)

As for notifications : last Tuesday, it went erratic for me and I noticed the same yesterday. May be there is a little gnome making jokes with GR notifications once a week ?!?

Simone Christelle wrote: "Simone wrote: "Phew, I'm back! The vet really showed up, I already thought he had all but forgotten about me... ;-)

Damn, you are fast!!! LOL. At least now a got a notification again, so I hope I..."

The gnome seems to have a field day today, or rather week at least for me. Over the last days it was just in the evenings when I didn't get a notification, but when I was lucky I got them the next day. The last two days it's really bad, though. :( And of course I got excited too soon, because GR left me in the dark again about your last comments. :( I just saw it by chance because I was still online and a red "1" appeared at my notification widget at the top. I just pop in later again and check if you've started again.

message 49: by Josy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Josy I'm back!! Sorry, it took a bit longer than planned. People are crazy before a public holiday and the store was packed :/

Simone, it was the same for me regarding the notifications. I woke up today and had a ton of emails for notifications from last night :/

If you are ready, Christelle, we can start with chapter 4 now :)

Christelle We are so in sync : just finished my break too :-)
Let's move on, then !!

« previous 1 3 4 5 6