Navigating Indieworld Discussing All Things Indie discussion

Getting To Know You! > Am I the only one up listening to Sam Hunt and waiting for inspiration?

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erin (new)

Erin Daniels | 286 comments Yeah? Okay, I thought so. *sigh*

message 2: by Ember-Raine (new)

Ember-Raine Winters (ember-raine_winters) | 186 comments Omg! I loooove Sam Hunt!!! ❤️️❤️️❤️️ but yeah not for inspiration lol! But, I did get some inspiration! And I found out that I am pretty much incapable of writing a stand alone! I always end up with awesome supporting characters that have to have their own books lol!!

message 3: by Erin (new)

Erin Daniels | 286 comments Ember wrote: "Omg! I loooove Sam Hunt!!! ❤️️❤️️❤️️ but yeah not for inspiration lol! But, I did get some inspiration! And I found out that I am pretty much incapable of writing a stand alone! I always end up wit..."

Ikr! I actually had to go back to the epilogue in my novella and delete half of it because it was too final - I couldn't bear to say goodbye lol. In my wildest dreams I hope to go back and revisit the characters that I grew so close to. They seemed to write themselves and I think they have a lot more to say ha ha .

Sam is, like, everything. Seriously. I've got Montevallo on repeat until the next album drops. I think Come Over and Take Your Time are my faves, then again House Party gets me juiced lol. My latest novella is a contempo interracial romance set on a ranch, so, yeah...Sam.

message 4: by Ember-Raine (new)

Ember-Raine Winters (ember-raine_winters) | 186 comments Seriously!!! My latest WIP is supposed to be a stand alone but now I have all these ideas for the supporting characters and I'm like GAWD!!! Lol! Oh yes and Sams latest album is amazing!!! I loooove Come on Over! I just recently started listening to country but I totally get where you are coming from! I heard a song not to long ago (it's an older song) but it made me want to write a book based on it! I think it's called something like Bring you back here to me? I'm not sure! It talks about him selling turnips on the side of the road and meeting the girl of his dreams but he feels like the definition of a redneck hahahahaha! It's an awesome song!!!!

message 5: by Erin (new)

Erin Daniels | 286 comments Ember wrote: "Seriously!!! My latest WIP is supposed to be a stand alone but now I have all these ideas for the supporting characters and I'm like GAWD!!! Lol! Oh yes and Sams latest album is amazing!!! I loooov..."

oh 've got to look that up. That's one reason I love older music and some country - telling a whole story in two verses, a chorus and a bridge is a lost art. I Just Can't Let Go is also a great story wrapped in a song and total novella bait for someone like me lol.

The 25% of country that is great makes it worth the other 75% that is ca-rap ha ha. Have you toyed with the idea of using your extra material to incentivize your mailing list/blog?

message 6: by Carole (new)

Carole P. Roman | 4600 comments Mod
That's a great idea, Erin.

message 7: by Erin (new)

Erin Daniels | 286 comments Carole wrote: "That's a great idea, Erin."

I'm sort of excited about this idea. I get to not quite break up with my characters. I:m sort of occasionally drunk dial them ha ha.

message 8: by Ember-Raine (new)

Ember-Raine Winters (ember-raine_winters) | 186 comments Erin wrote: "Ember wrote: "Seriously!!! My latest WIP is supposed to be a stand alone but now I have all these ideas for the supporting characters and I'm like GAWD!!! Lol! Oh yes and Sams latest album is amazi..."
Oh man! I have thought about it. I did that with the back story to 2 of my characters in my current series. I wrote flash fiction on my website and then created a little book for my newsletter. I will probably do it again with some of my other stuff I am working on.

Its funny because my current WIP is loosely based off the Carrie Underwood song My Last Name lol! Country music is definitely good for inspiration lol! And I love that its about telling a story too!

message 9: by Ember-Raine (new)

Ember-Raine Winters (ember-raine_winters) | 186 comments I found the song it's called Good Directions by Billy Currington!!

message 10: by Erin (new)

Erin Daniels | 286 comments Ember wrote: "I found the song it's called Good Directions by Billy Currington!!"

"Alexa, play Good Directions by Billy Currington"
;)

message 11: by Nat (new)

Nat Kennedy | 153 comments Song Fic!

I have some songs that totally put me in the mood. I used to make playlists when I was writing certain things. But I don't know Sam Hunt very well, but glad he's inspiring you!

message 12: by Erin (new)

Erin Daniels | 286 comments Nat wrote: "Song Fic!

I have some songs that totally put me in the mood. I used to make playlists when I was writing certain things. But I don't know Sam Hunt very well, but glad he's inspiring you!"

Song fic - I love this lol. Seriously, could write an entire anthology just listening to James Freakin Taylor!

Sam Hunt is...amaaazing. Not really sure why, now that I'm forced to say why lol. For me I think it's the emotional honesty of his writing, his vocal dexterity and the fact that he's not dorked out country. When he was signed to his label he basically told them "um, no." to everything they told him he had to start doing as a country music artist. I love that! He's like the indie author of country ha ha.

Navigating Indieworld Discussing All Things Indie

unread topics | mark unread