Blue Lake Academy discussion

Places > Auditorium

Comments Showing 1-50 of 179 (179 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (catherine_mooncakes) | 0 comments A large room with seats and a stage.

message 2: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (catherine_mooncakes) | 0 comments Principal Canessa made her way to the podium on the stage and adjusted the microphone, preparing to announce the Student Council winners.

message 3: by emma (new)

emma (theonlytanman) | 611 comments
Emily hopped into the auditorium, looking around and taking a seat. She was wondering if she made the Student Council as the Treasurer. Twisting the end of her complicated braid, she sat down in one of the seats a few rows back.

message 4: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (catherine_mooncakes) | 0 comments Glancing around, the principal decided to go ahead and start. Enough people were present.

"Welcome everyone," she began. "As you all know, I am here to give the announcements of our Student Council positions. If I call your name, come up here for a handshake. You are welcome to give a short speech, but it is not required. Now then, let's begin."

message 5: by AutreMoi (new)

AutreMoi (candlehome) | 867 comments Sienna had attended to take some pictures for the newspaper. She stood on the side.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Merlin was sitting in the bleachers next to the other cheerleaders, she was so ecstatic that she'd made the team! Arthur was next to her, and of course... he was reading. Again. Rolling her eyes she went back to paying attention to their principal.

message 7: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (catherine_mooncakes) | 0 comments After double checking her paper, Principal Canessa began to speak again, "Our Student Council treasurer is Nijae Rodgers. Is she present?"

message 8: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (catherine_mooncakes) | 0 comments "Hmm," the principal observed. "I suppose we'll just be moving on then." She checked the paper again. "Our Student Council secretary is Emily Canessa. Is she present?" Of course, the principal knew she was present. She was her daughter, after all.

message 9: by AutreMoi (new)

AutreMoi (candlehome) | 867 comments Sienna began taking pictures.

message 10: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (catherine_mooncakes) | 0 comments ((I'll pretend they both came up and let's just move along.))

Principal Canessa smiled at Emily as Emily climbed down the staircase. There would undoubtedly be a lecture from Emily later about embarrassing her at school.

"Our Student Council vice president is Catalina Henriks," she added. "Is she present?"

message 11: by AutreMoi (new)

AutreMoi (candlehome) | 867 comments ((Maybe nobody knows that this is going on here.))

message 12: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (catherine_mooncakes) | 0 comments ((It's possible. It was in the newspaper and on the calendar, but not everyone would have seen those. I'll just keep going.))

With a smile as Catalina exited the stage, Principal Canessa continued. "And finally, the Student Council president is," she paused momentarily and checked how to pronounce the name on the card. "Rodney Barrientos."

/

Rodney, who had been sitting on the edge of his seat, gave way to a smile don't grin don't grin don't look idiotic and mounted the steps. He shook hands with the principal and she offered him the microphone, which he accepted.

"Hello students and faculty of Blue Lake Academy," he said formally. "I am honored to be selected as your Student Council President, and I will do my best to rise well to the job. Thank you to everyone who voted, be it for me or not for me, and I am ready to begin my responsibilities." He kept his speech short and stepped back from the podium with a smile, and admittedly a glance in Sienna's direction.

message 13: by AutreMoi (new)

AutreMoi (candlehome) | 867 comments An opportunity that Sienna took advantage to take a picture. She then lowered the camera an applauded Rodney with a big smile.

message 14: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (catherine_mooncakes) | 0 comments Rodney exited the stage with a large smile and went to sit back down near Sienna. He hoped his speech was good.

/

Principal Canessa stepped back up to the podium. "Let's have a round of applause for our new Student Council!" She beamed at her daughter and applauded loudly.

message 15: by AutreMoi (new)

AutreMoi (candlehome) | 867 comments Sienna approached Rodney and extended her hand to shake it with him.

"President Barrientos, allow me to be the first congratulate you!" She said playfully.

message 16: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (catherine_mooncakes) | 0 comments Rodney actually let out a short laugh at that. He wasn't used to formal titles, or being anywhere formal, to be honest. "Why thank you dear citizen," he replied.

message 17: by AutreMoi (new)

AutreMoi (candlehome) | 867 comments The auditorium, when not in use, was perfect to find some clear space form all the other students and personnel. The dim lights that adorned the ceiling created a peaceful atmosphere, at least, for Sienna.

She was sitting at some random seat in the crowd, paying attention to little else than her electronic tablet.

message 18: by Max (new)

Max | 1137 comments Tevi wandered into the auditorium, checking his watch when he didn't see anyone there. He was working on a group project for one of his classes and had been told to meet his group members in the auditorium. Since no one was there, he walked through a random row of seats to sit down. Suddenly he noticed someone sitting in one of the chairs and practically jumped out of his skin. He hadn't thought that anyone else was in the room. Suddenly he broke out into a grin and sat down next to the girl.
"Sienna! You scared me."

message 19: by AutreMoi (new)

AutreMoi (candlehome) | 867 comments Sienna glanced at Tevi pleasantly surprised.

"Tevi! I didn't saw you enter. Or you were here before me?" She said.

She quickly hid the tablet inside her backpack, which laid on the other seat next to her.

message 20: by Max (new)

Max | 1137 comments "Nah, just came in!" Tevi smiled brightly and pulled off his jacket. He had just finished a shift at Icy Delights and was glad to be back in the warm school.
"I haven't seen you in forever." He exclaimed. He liked Sienna, she was a smart person and while he loved hanging out with Jan, he needed some other friends.
"How's life?" He asked curiously.

message 21: by AutreMoi (new)

AutreMoi (candlehome) | 867 comments "I know. I've missed you," Sienna said sincerely, a small smile appearing on her face.

She sighed. "Life's been good these days. I'm doing great in classes, the basketball season was a success, and I'm planning on getting a new haircut for next year," she said while toying with her long hair.

"I haven't hung out with many people this semester, though..." she added, on a less cheery tone.

"How about you?"

message 22: by Max (new)

Max | 1137 comments When she mentioned hair Tevi grinned devilishly.
"I convinced Jan to dye her hair purple." He said in a proud tone, smiling. He was still practically glowing after that success. She was right about the basketball season being a success, they had done really well.
"What about you and Arthur? I haven't seen you around our place in a while." He raised an eyebrow at her, ignoring her last question.

message 23: by AutreMoi (new)

AutreMoi (candlehome) | 867 comments Sienna didn't liked Jan, she had been too cold to her. She could hardly imagine her with purple hair.

"Most impressive. I can't picture someone like Jan doing that," she said, disguising her true thoughts about Jan. "You must know how to deal with her."

"And about Arthur..." Sienna added as she turned completely to Tevi, "...I have felt him... distant."

Sienna wouldn't normally just tell anyone about the status of her relationship, but she felt that she could trust Tevi on that matter.

"It has not been easy to contact him. Sometimes we plan about doing stuff together and but then nothing happens. Frustrating," Sienna said, slowly appearing more and more affected by the matter.

"Very frustrating."

message 24: by Max (new)

Max | 1137 comments It had never really crossed Tevi's mind that Sienna might not like January, after all, she seemed like such an accepting person. But while she seemed generally interested in what he had managed with January, but when she said that he must know how to deal with her he frowned slightly.
"She's not that bad. She's just a little bit withdrawn some times." He gave Sienna a small smile, knowing that he hadn't really helped a lot.
"Aww, honey. Guys suck." He said, giving her a sympathetic look. He had never felt awkward talking a little bit like a lot of girls talked to each other. Some people found it weird, but he didn't care, they'd get used to it eventually.
"What do you want to happen?" He asked, glancing at her carefully.

message 25: by AutreMoi (new)

AutreMoi (candlehome) | 867 comments "I got the impression that she didn't liked me either," Sienna answered. Maybe Tevi was right, but she didn't really minded Jan at all.

Hearing Tevi trying to imitate a girl made Sienna chuckle.

"Nah. Boys don't suck. Well... not all of them," she said, her smile fading away.

When Tevi asked about what did she wanted to happen her expression turned serious. She didn't muttered anything but instead, just shrugged.

message 26: by Max (new)

Max | 1137 comments "I hope i'm one of those boys that doesn't suck." He gave her a hopeful smile and leaned back so he could put his feet up on the chair in front of him. Thinking back to her comment on Jan he shrugged slightly.
"I don't think she dislikes you. She just... doesn't like you." He grimaced, knowing that did sound good. She was probably just really indifferent to Sienna. Biting the inside of his cheek he sighed.
"Well, unlike a boyfriend. A friend is always here, so you can count on me." Tevi grinned cheekily at her.

message 27: by AutreMoi (new)

AutreMoi (candlehome) | 867 comments "It's okay, that doesn't take away my sleep," she answered, leaning back on her seat. "And you certainly aren't," She added with a little smile for him. "I know I can count on you."

She left a big sigh, concentrating on letting all her worries go away.

"And you? How's been life for you?" She asked.

message 28: by Max (new)

Max | 1137 comments "It's been okay." Tevi shrugged. Not much had happened since he had last seen Sienna. He still hadn't gone home to face his dad after getting in trouble about yelling at a teacher, which he was still dreading, but other than worrying about that, nothing had happened.
"You know, just trying to finish all my homework on time.... which is a hard feat on it's own." He said, grinning wryly.

message 29: by AutreMoi (new)

AutreMoi (candlehome) | 867 comments "You know, I can't remember if you ever told me what interest are you here in BLA," Sienna questioned, rising an eyebrow.

"And... weren't you into Jan?" She added.

message 30: by Max (new)

Max | 1137 comments Tevi gave an over dramatic gasp and grinned and Sienna.
"Uh, medicine and sports." He said, glancing at her. Some people tended to be surprised by the weird mix of medicine and physical activity, but he figured Sienna would get it. After all she loved basketball right. So she must get the need to just do something physical before going back to the drudgery that was school work. When he mentioned Jan he sighed and shook his head.
"I don't.... I don't like her that way. But now you've got me all worried that she likes me that way." He grumbled. He wasn't actually angry at Sienna though.

message 31: by AutreMoi (new)

AutreMoi (candlehome) | 867 comments "Interesting. I suspected about sports, but I didn't knew you where here for medicine also. But it makes a lot of sense, really. At least to me. Doing some sport keeps you healthy, which is the objective of the other one, isn't it?" Sienna said.

She was actually surprised that Tevi wasn't into January. She had suspected that after how he reacted when she accidentally hinted that Jan liked him at the dance, a few months ago.

"It wasn't my intention, I'm sorry," Sienna apologized. She didn't meant to cause any more misunderstandings.

message 32: by Max (new)

Max | 1137 comments "Yeah. It was more my dad's choice for me to take medicine. But I do really like the maths and sciences." Tevi shrugged and smiled. He was right, she did understand it really well. Grinning at her he shook his head quickly.
"Don't apologize! It's fine!" He gave her a playful look before looking at her bag again.
"So, what are you working on?" He asked, giving her a curious look.

message 33: by AutreMoi (new)

AutreMoi (candlehome) | 867 comments "Nothing really," Sienna answered. "I finished all my assignments already, so I was just... killing some time..."

"...writing..." she muttered nervously, as if she didn't wanted Tevi to hear. Sienna was very shy when it came to showing her work.

message 34: by Max (new)

Max | 1137 comments Tevi gave her a skeptical look before grinning.
"hey, if you don't want to show it to me that's fine. It's not like i'm holding you at knife point or something." He told her, seeing the reluctant look on her face. He knew that a lot of people hated sharing stuff like stories or lyrics that they wrote. He wasn't about to force Sienna to show it to him.
"Yeah, it's been getting too cold to play in the outdoor courts anymore." He said with annoyance. Basketball was what he usually did when he had nothing better to do, but it was getting too cold.

message 35: by AutreMoi (new)

AutreMoi (candlehome) | 867 comments Sienna smiled shyly. One part of her did wanted to show Tevi what she was working on, but another part of her was too shy to ever show it, even to a friend like him. She really appreciated Tevi's comprehension, though. That was something she liked about him.

"M-maybe when it's finished... I need Arthur to check it first," she said. "It's for him, you see..."

She nodded to what Tevi said about getting too cold to play outside. "I have to confess that I can get to be pretty lazy on this time of the year. I just get too cold to do anything. Even texting messages on my phone," she said with a small amused smile.

"But then again, it gets colder back home," she added.

message 36: by Max (new)

Max | 1137 comments Tevi's eyes light up with amusement and he grinned with delight.
"Such lovebirds!" He exclaimed playfully, smiling at her. He really did love seeing Sienna and Arthur together, even if he hadn't seen them in a while. He wasn't sure if it was because they weren't spending as much time together, or if he was just never in the same place as them even though Arthur was his roommate.
"Are you going to ask him to proof read it and then give it to him? How's that going to work?" Tevi asked, raising an eyebrow. When she mentioned the temperature, he tilted his head curiously.
"Where'd you live before?" He asked.

message 37: by AutreMoi (new)

AutreMoi (candlehome) | 867 comments Sienna blushed because of Tevi's comment. She shrugged and instinctively looked the other way to hide it.

"Well... no..." she said softly. "I wanted to write him something for Christmas. A small letter or a poem... I don't know..." she said as she returned her gaze to Tevi, her blush now gone. "It's just that I'm not a good writer. And he doesn't know it's going to be for him. I'll tell him it's for a class or a relative, that depends on-" she stopped. Sienna came to a realization.

"I came up with that idea today. Now that I say it out loud I realize isn't a very good plan, isn't it?" She thought out loud. Maybe Tevi could help her plan something.

"And, didn't I told you before? I'm from Canada. A town near Toronto," she answered to Tevi.

message 38: by Max (new)

Max | 1137 comments Tevi grimaced playfully and shook his head slightly.
"Sorry it's a pretty bad plan." He admitted, giving her a sympathetic smile. He frowned and shrugged slightly.
"Sorry, I can't think of any better idea though, give me a few hours and get back to me on that." He said unhelpfully. He realized that she probably had told him where she was from, but Tevi tended to forget details like that very quickly.
"Oh? I guess it doesn't get as cold in Toronto." It did tend to get cold in the city but everywhere else in Canada liked to make fun of Torontonians for the fact that they really could not withstand cold like other Canadians could.

((This is actually so true... everywhere is in Canada is so good about snow, but in Toronto we all like freak out when there's like a tiny bit of snow))

message 39: by AutreMoi (new)

AutreMoi (candlehome) | 867 comments Sienna looked away in shame. "Then I guess I'll just ask a teacher to check it out for me." she concluded as she returned her gaze again to Tevi.

She smiled and rose an eyebrow. "You've ever been there?" she asked.

message 40: by AutreMoi (new)

AutreMoi (candlehome) | 867 comments ((Interesting fact. Good to know))

message 41: by Max (new)

Max | 1137 comments Tevi shrugged. He was half tempted to remind her that he did in fact still exist, and would be happy to read it and check it for her. But he didn't want to push the point too much, so he stayed quiet.
"Have I ever been there?" He repeated, chuckling.
"I live there." He said with a smile. Had he never told her where he was from? He loved his city, he loved everything about it. Especially that it never seemed to get ask cold there as it did in other places.

((Yeah... us Torontonians aren't really Canadian, we don't resist the cold))

message 42: by AutreMoi (new)

AutreMoi (candlehome) | 867 comments Sienna smiled widely. She was very happy to know that. She just hoped that Tevi wasn't easing her.

"Woah, really?" she asked out of excitement. "I didn't knew..."

((Sorry! Holidays got me really busy. I hope you are having a great time too!))

message 43: by Max (new)

Max | 1137 comments ((It's totally fine!))

Tevi grinned at Sienna, still surprised that he had never told her.
"Yeah, I live a few blocks away from the CN tower." He stated proudly. The neighborhood he lived in wasn't exactly the nicest or cleanest place in the world. But it was getting harder and harder to find cheap housing in Toronto, so it was amazing that he lived in an actual house at all. He loved where he lived, and he loved being downtown.
"I can't believe you didn't know that!" He added, smiling.

message 44: by AutreMoi (new)

AutreMoi (candlehome) | 867 comments "I'm going to visit you so many times in summer!" Sienna said happily. She really was for knowing this fact. It placed a Tevi in a whole new level for her. She knew that she would had to eventually return home, but knowing that one of her friends would be close really made her happy.

She got the urge to hug him, just out of emotion, but stopped herself because they were both sitting and it would be uncomfortable or maybe awkward. She just left a happy sigh escape from her.

message 45: by Max (new)

Max | 1137 comments Tevi smiled back at her. It was nice to know that someones else here lived near him. That meant she understood a lot of stuff that other people from different places didn't.
"You can come play some basketball with some of my friends. They'd love you!" He exclaimed. Had Sienna been different, he would've had a hard time introducing her to his friends. They didn't really like people joining their group and that was especially true when it came to girls (not that Tevi approved of that). But someone like Sienna would be totally welcome.

message 46: by AutreMoi (new)

AutreMoi (candlehome) | 867 comments "That sounds nice," Sienna replied smiling. That sounded like something to do when she returned to her home. "All this time and I can't believe we didn't know," she thought out loud.

"Hey... do you want to go to the mall today? I need to do some Christmas shopping," she asked Tevi. She planned to go later on the day, but she was kind of lazy to go alone with this cold.

((I'm just assuming this happens before December 24 because we started the RP before Christmas Eve))

message 47: by Max (new)

Max | 1137 comments Tevi smiled back at her, agreeing with her surprise that they hadn't known they had lived so close together.
"Yeah. Christmas shopping.... I should probably do some of that." He grinned sheepishly. He had always sort of thought Christmas was overrated, like he didn't want to spend all that money on gifts. People got gifts on their birthday, end of story. But he did still get little gifts for people just so they didn't feel left out or anything.
"Do you want to go now?" He asked, glancing at his watch. His group project people hadn't come yet, so he figured that they wouldn't be coming any time soon.

message 48: by AutreMoi (new)

AutreMoi (candlehome) | 867 comments "Sure. Let's go," she said as she leaned to pick her knit hat from her bag and closing it. She stood up and retrieved her coat form the seat that was beside her, and started walking towards the door. She waited for Tevi to follow her.

message 49: by Max (new)

Max | 1137 comments Tevi grinned and collected all of his stuff. Pulling on his jacket he did a quick check to make sure he hadn't forgotten anything before following Sienna.
"So, do you know what you're going to buy?" He asked amiably as they started to walk to the mall.

message 50: by AutreMoi (new)

AutreMoi (candlehome) | 867 comments "I know exactly what I need," she said with a smile as they exited the auditorium.

((I'll post first in the mall thread))

« previous 1 3 4