Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Cover Help > Add Book cover & Correct summary & Author Name

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (lepetitemort) | 8 comments It looks like someone else got the name and blurb changed. I updated the ebook cover. Done!

message 2: by Codex (new)

Codex | 3401 comments Existing author profile amended to author name: “La Baronne” (confirmed: WorldCat/Amazon).

(English) book description repopulated—and set to default.

Unable to find a cover for the eBook (from an acceptable source).
The official publisher website (as listed on your user page) offers severely limited help.
➜ If you can provide a link explicitly associating ISBN 9780998427713 with the eBook cover, we can add it.

message 3: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 41704 comments Mod
Shannon wrote: "I updated the ebook cover."

Undone. As Codex pointed out, it does not correspond to the correct edition.

message 4: by Codex (new)

Codex | 3401 comments VSP Publishing wrote: "The ebook cover is the kindle cover. There is no change. Please add it. Thank you."

There are currently four (4) editions of The Seduction Expert :
▪︎ two paperback editions;
▪︎ one “Kindle” edition; and
▪︎ one eBook edition.
(Refer: https://www.goodreads.com/work/editio....)

The “Kindle” edition was originally created by VSP Publishing on 1st March 2017. It was created without the ASIN identifier required for Kindle, and a cover was uploaded for this supposed Kindle edition.

At the time of writing, Amazon—SOLE publisher of the Kindle product—does not list any Kindle edition for The Seduction Expert . ➤ So what is the source of the “Kindle” cover uploaded by VSP Publishing . . . ?

Regarding the eBook edition of The Seduction Expert , refer to message #3 above, which still stands.

[➜ The eBook and Kindle book formats are distinct in Goodreads.]

message 5: by Codex (new)

Codex | 3401 comments #7: Please note that I stated explicitly in message #3 that the Kindle edition was not listed by Amazon at the time of writing. Yes, it is listed by Amazon—NOW; and based on that listing, the unknown ASIN has been populated.

Regarding the eBook, at the risk of repeating: if, as publisher, you can provide a link explicitly associating ISBN 9780998427713 with the eBook cover, we can add it. I fail to see why this should prove so challenging.

message 6: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

Those do not look like sites we can use for book covers or other book data. Please see: https://www.goodreads.com/help/show/4...

Please also keep in mind that all Goodreads Librarians are volunteers, and are required to follow the policies laid out in our Librarian Manual.

message 7: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

We don't usually delete completed requests in this group. However, I did unlink the book (which you could have done as well), so it should disappear from the book's page when the cache clears in 24-28 hours.