This topic is about Hounded
Hounded by Kevin Hearne

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kolton (new)

Kolton Neher | 5 comments The gods are real, ALL of them

Hounded (Book 1: The Iron Druid Chronicles) - Kevin Hearne
Reviewed by Kolton Neher

Atticus O'Sullivan, the last living druid lives in Tempe, Arizona, hiding from Aenghus Óg, the love god that wants him dead. Atticus knows of many things in the world: werewolves, witches, fairies, gods, and demons. Some of such things are his friends, however there are those that have been sent after him and his sword: Fragarach. After Atticus starts a normal day things go wrong, fairies attack, celtic goddess of death shows up and many more ill tidings. Now he must defend himself, his friends , and the spirit of the earth itself.

I found Hounded to be a very interesting story filled with lots of detail and plenty of action. I do not believe that there was a point in the story where I was able to feel bored simply because the plot had a very nice rapid speed that still allows the reader to take in all of what was just described to them. I approved of the use in certain areas of the story to describe details as minute as the freckles on a woman’s face or the texture of grass under the protagonist’s feet. I thought that this was a very good book and I look forward to reading the rest of the series when I get the chance to do so.

message 2: by Julia (new)

Julia Kotewa | 9 comments It sounds really cool and I think I'll try reading it. Sometimes it's a little hard to find books that don't have slow parts, but since you said that it's good and worth reading the rest of the series, I'll get it from the library!

message 3: by Brayden (new)

Brayden Charette | 10 comments sounds very interesting, I myself like action books. is there any other important characters?