Stephen King Fans discussion

Sometimes Dead Threads Come Back > June Book Nominations

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Angie, Constant Reader (new)

Angie | 2543 comments Mod
It's time to nominate for June's book. This book is a book King has recommended to us readers. Please provide the source or blurb where King pushes your nominations... otherwise I have to go and look them all up.

One nomination per person.
Link to the title using the add book/author option.
Check here to make sure that we haven't already read the book
No nomination of your own book. Have fun!!
https://www.goodreads.com/group/books...

message 2: by Stephen (new)

Stephen Hedges (deadheadwookie27) | 2 comments The Fog https://www.librarything.com/list/275... I was going to say "The Body Snatchers" by Jack Finney, but I kind of want to go with this instead.

message 3: by ElleEm (new)

ElleEm | 260 comments I am reading The Nix right now and I think the group would enjoy it. He recommended it on Twitter: Tweet

message 5: by Nancy (new)

Nancy (paper_addict) | 913 comments Toni FGMAMTC wrote: "Red Moon by Benjamin Percy recommended via twitter"

I second Red Moon.

message 6: by Nancy (new)

Nancy (paper_addict) | 913 comments Matthewcross87 wrote: "salems lot"

This isn't for books King has wrote but books he has read and recommends.

message 7: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Milam (helloconstantreader) | 5 comments The Widow The Widow by Fiona Barton and recommend on Twitter.

message 8: by Priscilla (new)

Priscilla (priscflores) | 3 comments Stephen King Twitter @StephenKing

"A HEAD FULL OF GHOSTS, by Paul Tremblay: Scared the living hell out of me, and I'm pretty hard to scare."

message 9: by Nick (new)

Nick Iuppa | 3975 comments Someone gave me a book called THE SHADOW OF THE WIND by Carlos Ruiz Zafon. I don't know anything about it except for the fact that across the top of the book are the words:
"One gorgeous read" - Stephen King. Inside it says: If you thought the true gothic novel died with the 19th century this will change your mind. This is the real deal, a novel full of cheery spendor and creaking trapdoors, a novel where even the subplots have subplots. - Stephen King.

message 10: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (shannondisbell) | 51 comments Lauren wrote: "The Widow The Widow by Fiona Barton and recommend on Twitter."

very good book i read it early this year

message 11: by Angie, Constant Reader (new)

Nick wrote: "Someone gave me a book called THE SHADOW OF THE WIND by Carlos Ruiz Zafon. I don't know anything about it except for the fact that across the top of the book are the words:
"One gorgeous read" - S..."

Fantastic book!

message 12: by Lin (last edited May 25, 2017 01:16AM) (new)

Lin (gramatumaja) | 9 comments The Nest by Kenneth Oppel

message 13: by Shawn (new)

Shawn | 1 comments You by Caroline Kepnes

message 14: by Stephen (new)

Stephen Hedges (deadheadwookie27) | 2 comments Priscilla wrote: "Stephen King Twitter @StephenKing

"A HEAD FULL OF GHOSTS, by Paul Tremblay: Scared the living hell out of me, and I'm pretty hard to scare.""

Fantastic book. Scared the shit out of me too.

message 15: by Nancy (new)

Nancy (paper_addict) | 913 comments Priscilla wrote: "Stephen King Twitter @StephenKing

"A HEAD FULL OF GHOSTS, by Paul Tremblay: Scared the living hell out of me, and I'm pretty hard to scare.""

We read that as a group read June 2016.

message 16: by Nancy (last edited May 26, 2017 07:05PM) (new)

Nancy (paper_addict) | 913 comments Lauren wrote: "The Widow The Widow by Fiona Barton and recommend on Twitter."

I saw this at the book store today. It has a quote from Stephen King on the cover. Here is the quote:

“If you liked Gone Girl and The Girl on the Train, you might want to pick up The Widow by Fiona Barton. Engrossing. Suspenseful.”—Stephen King

message 17: by Gary (new)

Gary Martin (gmmartinbooks) | 87 comments The book that Nick recommended sounds good to me. The shadow of the wind by Carlos Ruiz.

message 18: by Nancy (last edited May 26, 2017 07:07PM) (new)

Nancy (paper_addict) | 913 comments Gary wrote: "The book that Nick recommended sounds good to me. The shadow of the wind by Carlos Ruiz."

The Shadow of the Wind

If you click on the cover and then enlarge you can see the SK recommendation that Nick posted. Also if you click on the Amazon link there is a commercial review with the same SK quote for the book.

message 19: by Summer (new)

Summer (paradisecity) | 360 comments Thirding Shadow of the Wind. It's a great book. And personally, I've been pretty disappointed by all the Gone Girl-esque books out there.

message 20: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 52 comments I read The Shadow of the Wind earlier this year and absolutely loved it. It would be a fantastic group read.

message 21: by Angie, Constant Reader (new)

Nominations Closed

message 22: by Angie, Constant Reader (new)

I love that King uses Twitter to recommend books!

message 23: by Amy (new)

Amy McNair (mrsmcnair13) He recommended Niceville by Carsten Stroud on Facebook ages ago. It's the first in a trilogy and I really enjoyed it. https://www.amazon.com/Niceville-Tril...