The YA Book Club discussion

Fantasy > Six of Crows duology

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Melanie (new)

Melanie Stockman (wordsonwings) There was so much that went on this book! What did you think about the ending of each story? The world this series built was very interesting too, imagine being the group with Kaz and everyone!

message 2: by Kristie (new)

Kristie | 160 comments I've heard so much about this book. I can't wait to read it!

message 3: by Maddy (new)

Maddy V | 4 comments I'm currently REREADING Six of Crows/Crooked Kingdom because these books are literally SO MAGNIFICENT! I personally 100% loved the way this duology ended. In my eyes it couldn't have been made any better. Everything from this world to the characters... ugh the characters! I loooove these people as if I new them in real life (which I kinda wish I did ;) ) but yeah I love these books to say the least :D

message 4: by Aliyaa (new)

Aliyaa Pathan AHHH Yes Six of Crows is BELOVED to me and Crooked Kingdom (the sequel) is just amazing! The different POVs fleshed out each character and made the overall story very interesting. Kaz (my love, my heart, my everything) is so smart and it is so much fun to watch his clever plans unfold. The writing is so well done, and the book keeps you flipping pages. The world building is great too. You don't have to read the Grisha Trilogy beforehand to understand the world, although I did.
The banter the characters have is HILARIOUS and I love it.
The characters are the best part, I must say. They're all so rich and lovable.

message 5: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Avery | 10 comments this is on my tbr list! I have heard a lot of great things about it

message 6: by Laura (new)

Laura (reallifekazbrekker) I have read Six of Crows and I am currently reading Crooked Kingdom. My favorite character is Kaz... Is that weird?

message 7: by Misty (new)

Misty (intoreadin) | 42 comments Such a great duology. I don't often re-read books but this one was good enough I might.

message 8: by Magdalena (new)

Magdalena (Ravenbooks8) (enostervy) | 73 comments I'm currently on chapter 20 of six of crows so far my favourite character is Inej!

message 9: by Julia (new)

Julia Drzala (ravenlake) Hi i want to read the six of crows duology but i don't know if i should read grisha first?

message 10: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Casazza Julia, I highly recommend reading the Grisha series first. It can help make this series more enjoyable. Start with Shadow and Bone. It's a great read!

message 11: by S. (new)

S. Shinta (sshinta) | 1 comments I've read Shadow and Bone but Six of Crows seemed to be in a different genre and more serious. Am I right? Is there romance involved?

message 12: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Casazza There's a hint of romance yes.

message 13: by Lisa (new)

Lisa D | 15 comments I just finished the Shadow and Bones trilogy and I didn’t enjoy it as I thought I would. However I love Six of Crows duology which I read before Shadow and Bones. The beginning of Six of Crows was kind of slow for me until half way through the book. I enjoyed Crooked Kingdom more and sad it’s only a duology.

message 14: by Quoleena (new)

Quoleena Sbrocca (qjsbrocca) I haven't read the Grisha series yet, but totally enjoyed Six of Crows and Crooked Kingdom. I didn't feel lost by having read them first since Bardugo explains a lot about who the Grisha are. The main characters get their own chapters, and there was never a point when I wasn't interested in reading a particular character's pov. They're all so great.

message 15: by Jasmine (new)

Jasmine Hewitt (localbooklover_) Madelynn wrote: "I'm currently REREADING Six of Crows/Crooked Kingdom because these books are literally SO MAGNIFICENT! I personally 100% loved the way this duology ended. In my eyes it couldn't have been made any ..."
but.. matthias.... :(

message 16: by Tasya (new)

Tasya Dita (giselatasya) | 263 comments I read it and enjoyed it, and I think it gets better in the sequel :D I am one of the minority who thinks Grisha trilogy is better than SoC duology, but both of them are really great to read! :D

message 17: by Kyleigh (new)

Kyleigh Ruddy (hedgehogz4lyfe) | 2 comments I'm so invested in Wylan and Jesper. I want to live in the Van Eck house with them!

madame des livres | 4 comments One of the best duologys of all time. I Love the charakteres so much. This duology ist so much better than grisha.