The YA Book Club discussion

Random > The Best Place to Buy Books?

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by samxmarie (new)

samxmarie (killjoysidiotssinnersyoungbloods) | 66 comments Amazon, Barnes and nobles, books a million, eBay and book outlet

Latanya (Crafty Scribbles) (craftyscribbles) | 19 comments Wherever your wallet enjoys usage offers the best book buying outlet.

Amazon is great for book buying. Thrift shops and used book shops offer great book choices. Try Book Outlet.

message 3: by Rose (new)

Rose Barnett As a former BN bookseller, I'll be a bit bias BUT I feel like buying from places like Barnes and Noble is best - because if you don't we won't have real bookstores much longer! If you want to save money, if you order the book online, they can usually run the same price as amazon books, and you get free shipping over $25 - which is so easy for any book lover!

message 4: by Barbara (new)

Barbara Gagani | 7 comments What about the people who live in Europe? Is there any good site that will not cost me so much money only for shipping?

message 5: by allison! (new)

allison! (allison12) Barnes and Noble. It can get pricey, but they have great selection and quality.

message 6: by Miss (new)

Miss Kristine (misskristinesreviews) | 3 comments I don't have a good thrift bookstore in my area so I often to go Target.com. Otherwise it is Amazon or Barnes and Noble.

But no matter where I purchase them from I never pay full price because I always buy discounted gift cards! http://misskristinesreviews.com/how-t...

Unknown poet (Anna) (unknown_poetanna) Depending on where you are there is a small chain of new and used books store called Mr. k's Used books, Music and More they are mainly in SC but there's one in NC and TN. They are pretty good on prices of used books, and offer credit if you trade in.
If your wallet is a little bit larger there is 2nd & Charles it has a few locations in Alabama, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina, Texas, Virginia, and Pennsylvania. They have a good selection of new and used books and have trade. (THEY HAVE STUFFED PUSHEENES)
I don't really know any online places.

message 8: by Sophia (new)

Sophia (sophia_thereader) | 23 comments Barbara wrote: "What about the people who live in Europe? Is there any good site that will not cost me so much money only for shipping?"

I would recomend a website called BookOutlet.com! It has great prices for books new and used! I also believe that it has free shipping. I hope this helps! :)

message 9: by Kaylee (new)

Kaylee (kaaaayleeee) Half Price Books, especially at their "blowout" sales where they setup all their cheap books for sale. It's massive.

message 10: by allison! (new)

allison! (allison12) I'd probably sat Thriftbooks, Barnes and Noble and Title Wave books. (Though I think that's local)

message 11: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa (bagofbooks) | 175 comments Trying to your local library when they have their library book sale on. Yes the books of been used over and over but that just means how much they were loved. Check on your local newspaper or on the Internet and see if there are any garage sales around you and check them out as well You will be surprised at what you can find at garage sales and their prices.🤓📖. Good luck

message 12: by Emily (new)

Emily (emilywrites_) | 140 comments Amazon- you can get hardcovers of new releases for $11-13 and paperbacks for $6-8!

Barbi Faye (The Book Fae) (barbifayethebookfae) | 841 comments 1-TAKE A BOOK~LEAVE A BOOK Free Libraries!!!!!!
2-Donation Opportunities; Friends Family Donation Areas ETC
3-Salvation Army; good selection...!
4-Public Library Sales
5-Trade, Sell, Thrift, Outlet, ETC
....dat's my storay...ahm stickin' to it...!!!

message 14: by Misty (new)

Misty (intoreadin) | 42 comments Amazon is my number 1 go to but my other two are BAM, love hitting the sale rack, and 2nd and Charles, they buy used books so I wait till I have a good amount in my read pile and sell it to them they give me store credit and I leave with new treasures. It's great.

message 15: by Emily (new)

Emily (emily_woodal) I love getting mine at thriftbooks. Everything I've received so far has been in better shape than described. And the prices aren't bad either

message 16: by asia .ೃ࿐ (new)

asia .ೃ࿐ (candysays) Book Depository