Terminalcoffee discussion

Helping You To Know The News > Todd and Sarah Palin to divorce.

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17320 comments Mod
http://alaskareport.com/news39/x71283...

I can't say I didn't see this coming. I bet she has a spiffied up pseudo-political male mannequin at her side come the 2012 primaries.

message 2: by Sally, la reina (new)

Next we'll see her on YouTube, high on meth.

message 3: by Matt (new)

Matt | 819 comments Yeah, i'm not a fan of some of her words but I still feel sad for her. What a hellish year...

message 4: by RandomAnthony (last edited Aug 02, 2009 01:42PM) (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments I heard this wasn't true...none of the major outlets are reporting this except for msn.com's link to a few different stories in which Ms. Palin says it's a hoax.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/world...

Of course, this could mean we find out in a couple day the story is true.

message 5: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) New York Times has not yet picked it up.

message 6: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (luvrdn) | 501 comments I am not sure how I feel about this woman, I don't know her personally, and I refuse to let the press tell me what to think.

message 7: by RandomAnthony (last edited Aug 02, 2009 01:45PM) (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments I don't hate her, but she's not ready for national politics. She hasn't learned that sometimes the best strategy is just to keep your mouth shut. Watching her last fall reminded me that national politics takes skill. You can't just strut onto the national stage and expect to do well without training and practice.

I struggle with that "keep your mouth shut" strategy too, of course.

message 8: by Lori (new)

Lori Well I DO hate her. Heheh.

Not really. I save my hate for those that are really evil, otherwise it's just too draining. But I do hate everything she stands for.

As for divorce, interrrresting. Let's see if it's true.

message 9: by Lori (new)

Lori OK this is being debunked by Palin herself.

message 10: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Nothing on any of the major outlets. Could be they're holding back for better confirmation, if it is to be had.

message 11: by Lori (new)

Lori WHAT IF the rumor was started by Palin herself? Since her resignation didn't get as much publicity as she hoped? Nothing like a scandal that's then decried as a lie to get front page news!

Yep. I'm very cynical when it comes to GOP manipulation practices.

message 12: by Matthieu (new)

Matthieu | 1009 comments I think you're reaching a bit there, Lori...

message 13: by RandomAnthony (last edited Aug 02, 2009 02:35PM) (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Yeah, I doubt Palin would go that route for publicity. The implications/fallout for the public even remotely associating her marriage with divorce wouldn't be worth the whole "I'm a victim" benefit.

message 14: by Lori (new)

Lori Yeah yeah yeah, but I was having fun there for a moment!

*scurries back to the sidelines*

message 15: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) It came out with some fairly decent poetry here recently, though, as floated by Shatner.

message 16: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Todd looks like a robot. Do women dig him? Is he hot? I don't see it.

message 17: by smetchie (new)

smetchie | 4034 comments Then I'm sure I don't dig him either. Bunny and I have the same taste in men. You know, pretty much.

message 18: by Sally, la reina (new)

I dunno - he's not that bad, is he?

Then again, in my search for a picture to put on here I couldn't find one I liked looking at enough to want to copy it's location. Not one!

message 19: by Sally, la reina (new)

Actually, he has a bit of Jim Carey around the mouth.

message 20: by Wingedbeaver (new)

Wingedbeaver | 80 comments Randomanthony wrote: "I don't hate her, but she's not ready for national politics. She hasn't learned that sometimes the best strategy is just to keep your mouth shut. Watching her last fall reminded me that national ..."

I don't think 3/4 of our politicians are ready for national politics. Remember the days when we required our representatives to be able to speak in public? Bush couldn't pronounce words, the present press secretary used the word "funniest" to describe his job on national tv and I just finished watching Larry Summers on the Sunday talk shows and the man can't put two thoughts together. Is that a reflection of the public as a whole? Have our standards dropped so low that we are fine with this bunch of yahoos running things? Or have we (and the press) made politics such a horrible job to have that this is the best we can recruit to run for office?
Just some thoughts...

message 21: by Sally, la reina (new)

IMHO we're learning volumes about the generation fed on an every four hour formula feeding schedule as babies and tv dinners and canned spaghetti as youth.