The Gothic Novel Book Club <Hiatus> discussion

Reminders: PLEASE READ!

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Trinity (new)

Trinity | 803 comments Mod
I want to start this post by reminding everyone to please only nominate one book per month. We would like everyone to have equal opportunity to nominate what they wish to read.

On that note, bashing a nomination is unacceptable. I have had more than a few complaints on this front. Let me state, once again, that we all should have equal say.

Before nominating, please check our previous reads. We have had quite a few duplicate nominations over the past few months.

The last thing I need to address is this; opinions in this group are more than welcome. However, this does not give anyone the right to bash another person in the group. See the yellow pop up box on the right side of the comment box. Please be respectful.

Issues arose that left the group afloat for a month but we are back on track.

This should be a group where like minded individuals can come together and share their personal feeling without fear of judgment. Lets keep it that way.

message 2: by Skye (new)

Skye | 364 comments Trinity, I am a new member to this group, but not a new member to Good Reads or to the Gothic tradition; I like both classic Gothicism as well as contemporary ( Victoria Holt, et al.).

message 3: by Trinity (new)

Welcome Skye! Hope you are enjoying the group thus far.

message 4: by Skye (new)

Skye | 364 comments I have not been around too long, but I do know a few of the members aboard, and thanks for the welcome, Trinity.

message 5: by Skye (new)

Skye | 364 comments Thank you so much, Nancy and Trinity; I am enjoying the group very much.

message 6: by Trinity (new)

Apparently someone chose to ignore this post and passive aggressivly posted negative reviews of the nominations in the lists. This is not acceptable. If you do not like the nominations in the list, nominate your own or vote for something you do like. Said person has been removed from the group. I apologize to those this person has offended (myself being amongst them). Please, be respectful. This is a place for people to be able to share in the experience, not bashed or talked down to.

I'm sorry if this is off-putting. I will not have the people in this group feel as if their opinions don't matter or are less than any others.

message 7: by Skye (new)

Skye | 364 comments Hi Trinity: I am so sorry you are having this problem. Is there a poll list to submit votes?

message 8: by Trinity (new)

Just the nomination thread. There will be a poll every month on the 15th with the nominations that have been added to the thread.

message 9: by Skye (new)

Skye | 364 comments Thanks; I submitted my nomination.