#AYEARATHON discussion

June 2017 - Catch Up/Finish > June - To Be Read (TBR)

Comments Showing 1-36 of 36 (36 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ke-sha (last edited May 22, 2017 10:53PM) (new)

ke-sha (angel707) | 2008 comments Mod
This Month's Info:
Takes Place From - JUNE 5-11
Theme - Catch Up/Finish A Series
Challenge - Read A Book With A Character Your Age

message 2: by ke-sha (last edited May 22, 2017 11:03PM) (new)

So I'm going, to be honest. I'm not going to be doing the challenge Lol

But I'm hopefully going to be catching up on "The Vicious Deep" trilogy. I'm Currently Rereading The Vicious Deep (The Vicious Deep #1) by Zoraida Córdova so by the time the ReadAThon starts I'll just have to Reread The Savage Blue (The Vicious Deep #2) by Zoraida Córdova & then finally read The Vast and Brutal Sea (The Vicious Deep #3) by Zoraida Córdova . I'm looking forward to finally knowing ALL!!!!

message 3: by BlurryBug (new)

BlurryBug | 376 comments I'm a little stumped this time of what to read, but think I will start the series The Magicians (The Magicians #1) by Lev Grossman

message 4: by ke-sha (last edited May 23, 2017 12:20AM) (new)

BlurryBug wrote: "I'm a little stumped this time of what to read, but think I will start the series The Magicians (The Magicians #1) by Lev Grossman"

Yay!!! I love that series and would be interested to see what you think. Have you seen the show or are you waiting until after you've read the books?

I feel like I can't think of any books in the beginning and then at the last minute I think about how these books that will work Lol

Happy Reading :)

message 5: by Nina (new)

Nina | 53 comments I hope i can finally finsh the Shades of Magic Series. I'm stuck in the middle of the third book for several month now. If I finsh that one I would read Blinde Vögel which is the second part in a german thriller series. I don't think i will finsh more than these two series, but if I'm lucky i can make some progress on the smoky barrett series and The Tal Series.
So my TBR is:
Blinde Vögel (Beatrice Kaspary, #2) by Ursula Poznanski A Conjuring of Light (Shades of Magic, #3) by V.E. Schwab Das Böse In Uns by Cody McFadyen Der Fluch (Das Tal Season 2, #1) by Krystyna Kuhn

message 6: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly | 139 comments Seven, Eight...Gonna Stay Up Late (Rebekka Franck, #4) by Willow Rose Nine, Ten ... Never sleep again (Rebekka Franck, #5) by Willow Rose Eleven, Twelve ... Dig and Delve (Rebekka Franck #6) by Willow Rose Thirteen, Fourteen ... Little Boy Unseen (Rebekka Franck Book 7) by Willow Rose

Here's my TBR and I"m hoping to finish them all. I did a page count yesterday and I don't think any of them were over 300 pages so should be doable as long as nothing comes up like the past 2 months :D

message 7: by Vivian (last edited May 27, 2017 05:18AM) (new)

Vivian Wolkoff | 117 comments Here's my TBR:
Dreams of Gods & Monsters (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #3) by Laini Taylor A Million Worlds with You (Firebird, #3) by Claudia Gray The Rose Society (The Young Elites, #2) by Marie Lu Shadows, Maps, and Other Ancient Magic (The Dowser #4) by Meghan Ciana Doidge Six of Crows (Six of Crows, #1) by Leigh Bardugo Crooked Kingdom (Six of Crows, #2) by Leigh Bardugo Heir of Fire (Throne of Glass, #3) by Sarah J. Maas

I hope to finish at least the two first books, since they are the last ones in their respective series.

message 8: by Key (new)

Key (leoithne27) | 71 comments For sure, these two Crooked Kingdom (Six of Crows, #2) by Leigh Bardugo A Conjuring of Light (Shades of Magic, #3) by V.E. Schwab . With both of these I found I flew right through the first book(s), so hopefully I can finish both of these within 7 days.

And then if I have time I still have the Inkworld books to finish re-reading, or I can start Ship of Destiny (Liveship Traders, #3) by Robin Hobb

I don't think there's anyone who's 19 in these books... Honestly I don't think I've seen very many 19 year olds in books? (Would love recommendations)

message 9: by Amanda (new)

Amanda If anyone has any recommendations for books that have characters who are 19-20, that have poc and lgbtq characters and that is preferably either a thriller, fantasy or mystery, please let me know! Really looking for something good to read!

message 10: by Aryka (new)

Aryka | 52 comments Definitely won't be doing the challenge, I've surprisingly stumbled upon and read an couple of books this year with 26 year olds in it but I don't even remember the names lol

My TBR: Crooked Kingdom (Six of Crows, #2) by Leigh Bardugo , Ten Thousand Skies Above You (Firebird, #2) by Claudia Gray , Gemina (The Illuminae Files, #2) by Amie Kaufman , and Taken at Dusk (Shadow Falls, #3) by C.C. Hunter

message 11: by Ellen (new)

Ellen (ellen-jane) | 3 comments My TBR: Rapture (The Fallen Angels, #4) by J.R. Ward , Possession (Fallen Angels, #5) by J.R. Ward , Immortal (Fallen Angels, #6) by J.R. Ward and possibly Always and Forever, Lara Jean (To All the Boys I've Loved Before, #3) by Jenny Han

message 12: by Nicole (new)

Nicole | 14 comments I am going to finish God Came Near by Max Lucado Then I am going to start Left Behind (Left Behind, #1) by Tim LaHaye series

message 13: by BlurryBug (new)

BlurryBug | 376 comments ke-sha wrote: "BlurryBug wrote: "I'm a little stumped this time of what to read, but think I will start the series The Magicians (The Magicians #1) by Lev Grossman"

Yay!!! I love that series and would be interested to see what..."

Haven't seen the series yet been wanting to read the books first A friend of mine recommended the show said it was good but he didnt know there was books x)

I also picked up the second Percy Jackson book just in case I got the time to read that as well.

message 14: by Maija (new)

Maija (maijavi) | 180 comments I will do the reread theme, but not the age challenge! I'm just going to list a few books here that I own and that complete a series, and choose from them when the time comes.

Heaven's Queen by Rachel Bach
The Grey King by Susan Cooper
Silver on the Tree by Susan Cooper
The Mislaid Magician: or Ten Years After by Patricia C. Wrede and Caroline Stevermer
Patternmaster by Octavia E. Butler

Heaven's Queen (Paradox #3) by Rachel Bach The Grey King (The Dark Is Rising, #4) by Susan Cooper Silver on the Tree (The Dark is Rising, #5) by Susan Cooper The Mislaid Magician or Ten Years After (Cecelia and Kate, #3) by Patricia C. Wrede Patternmaster (Patternmaster, #4) by Octavia E. Butler

message 15: by Leticia (new)

Leticia (leticiatoraci) I'll probably catch up on the Mortal Instruments series by reading Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1) Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1) by Cassandra Clare since both series have to be read in a mixed order.

message 16: by Ashly (last edited May 26, 2017 06:07PM) (new)

Ashly (ashlyh) | 104 comments I started Dreams of Gods & Monsters (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #3) by Laini Taylor about a month ago and still haven't finished it, so I will read that if I don't by the time this readathon starts.

And I will either read Firefight (Reckoners, #2) by Brandon Sanderson or my most anticipated read Always and Forever, Lara Jean (To All the Boys I've Loved Before, #3) by Jenny Han

message 17: by Clara (new)

Clara | 26 comments This month for sure! I have fallen behind on my challenge schedule, so this should be just the opportunity I need to get back in the game.
I plan on reading as many of the following as possible:
A Conjuring of Light (Shades of Magic, #3) by V.E. Schwab Ruin and Rising (The Grisha, #3) by Leigh Bardugo Dead as a Doornail (Sookie Stackhouse, #5) by Charlaine Harris Definitely Dead by Charlaine Harris All Together Dead by Charlaine Harris Taltos (Lives of the Mayfair Witches, #3) by Anne Rice

That is assuming I pull myself together and finish Orlando by Virginia Woolf first though...

message 18: by Gabrielle (new)

Gabrielle (gabrielle713) | 3 comments I hope I can finish the following.... I have a fair few series to complete and finish off but hopefully I can try to finish it....

A court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J Mass
Last Sacrifice - Richelle Mead
Clockwork Prince - Cassandra Clare
Clockwork Princess - Cassandra Clare

message 19: by Jalissa (new)

Jalissa | 27 comments My TBR:
Lord of Shadows (The Dark Artifices, #2) by Cassandra Clare Windwitch (The Witchlands, #2) by Susan Dennard The Dark Prophecy (The Trials of Apollo, #2) by Rick Riordan King's Cage (Red Queen, #3) by Victoria Aveyard Heir of Fire (Throne of Glass, #3) by Sarah J. Maas Siege and Storm (The Grisha, #2) by Leigh Bardugo The Rose Society (The Young Elites, #2) by Marie Lu Golden Son (Red Rising, #2) by Pierce Brown

I have a lot of series to complete/catch up on, so hopefully I can at least read two on my list.

message 20: by Shay (new)

Shay | 14 comments My TBR: Cress (The Lunar Chronicles, #3) by Marissa Meyer Fairest (The Lunar Chronicles, #3.5) by Marissa Meyer Winter (The Lunar Chronicles, #4) by Marissa Meyer

I have been trying to finish this series for MONTHS... but school kept getting in the way. Hopefully I'll be able to finish it now that school is out.

message 21: by Josefine (new)

Josefine | 2 comments I am currently reading Library of Souls, thus finishing the Peculiar trilogy. And I have no idea what I'll read next.

message 22: by Areeba (new)

Areeba books and kids  | 34 comments im gonna read A Conjuring of Light by V.E.Schwab

A Conjuring of Light (Shades of Magic, #3) by V.E. Schwab

and then I'm done with this series.

message 23: by Beck (new)

Beck (fakeblackheart) I've got so many series I'm part way through, so I could read any of these:
Gemina- Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
Gemina
Rose Under Fire- Elizabeth Wein
Rose Under Fire
The Ask and the Answer- Patrick Ness
The Ask and the Answer
Library of Souls- Ransom Riggs
Library of Souls
The Two Towers- J R R Tolkien
The Two Towers

I also have a bunch of comic/ graphic novel series I'm part way through like squirrel girl, howard the duck, Ms Marvel, captain marvel, Descender and Persepolis

message 24: by Katie (new)

Katie (skateanddonate) | 1 comments I'm goint to try completing the Drowser Series for the challenge.
Cupcakes, Trinkets, and Other Deadly Magic (The Dowser #1) by Meghan Ciana Doidge Trinkets, Treasures, and Other Bloody Magic (The Dowser #2) by Meghan Ciana Doidge Treasures, Demons, and Other Black Magic (The Dowser #3) by Meghan Ciana Doidge Shadows, Maps, and Other Ancient Magic (The Dowser #4) by Meghan Ciana Doidge Shadows, Maps, and Other Ancient Magic (The Dowser #4) by Meghan Ciana Doidge Artifacts, Dragons, and Other Lethal Magic (The Dowser #6) by Meghan Ciana Doidge

message 25: by Meneniareads (new)

Meneniareads (nenia) | 93 comments I'm going to read as much as I can in one book. Because moving and stuff makes me have almost no spare time. Also because this is the series I need to finish this year (because it's about damn time!)

I will be reading:
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Harry Potter, #4) by J.K. Rowling

message 26: by Ashley (new)

Ashley B (ashleybcountrygal) | 1 comments Since I'm participating in multiple readathons, I'm going to keep this one simple. My TBR to finish a series is The Last Guardian (Artemis Fowl, #8) by Eoin Colfer

message 27: by BlurryBug (new)

BlurryBug | 376 comments I will be reading:
The Sea of Monsters (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #2) by Rick Riordan The Magicians (The Magicians #1) by Lev Grossman Giant Days, Vol. 1 (Giant Days, #1) by John Allison Giant Days, Vol. 2 (Giant Days, #2) by John Allison
and maybe
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Harry Potter, #4) by J.K. Rowling

message 28: by Lizzy (last edited Jun 04, 2017 07:20PM) (new)

Lizzy Seitz (cookinggurl43) | 239 comments My tbr video will be going up on my channel tomorrow (www.youtube.com/lizzyseitz) but I thought I'd update here as well. I have so many series I'm in the middle of or want to get going on (hence catching up) so I'm not going to read all of these but I'm going to pick from these: Empire of Storms The Vile Village The Hostile Hospital We'll Always Have Summer After You To All the Boys I've Loved Before A Torch Against the Night Another Day The Titan's Curse Alight The Ask and the Answer Red Queen Hollow City Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

I know it's a ton of books but some of them I know I'll be able to read fairly fast as well as Hollow City, Empire of Storms, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, and A Torch Against the Night I've already started. So I'm just going to be picking from these for the week.

I probably won't be completing the challenge of reading a book with a character the same age as you because I'm 22 and I don't think any of these books have characters that are 22. Any suggestions?

message 29: by Mady (new)

Mady DeJulio | 8 comments Definitely going to get to P.S. I Still Love You (To All the Boys I've Loved Before, #2) by Jenny Han and if I have time A Court of Wings and Ruin (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #3) by Sarah J. Maas

message 30: by BooksAmL (new)

BooksAmL | 47 comments I am finally in a mood to read and how else can I show it, by participating to this month read a thon. Love the theme but is hard for me to find a character my age.
Here is my TBR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Du-Pc...

message 31: by Yvonne (new)

Yvonne apparently I am accidentally participating in this months readathon...I started reading the Infernal Devices so that I can be up to date to read the Dark Artifices...so for this week I will be reading at least City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1) by Cassandra Clare City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments, #2) by Cassandra Clare City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments, #3) by Cassandra Clare and City of Fallen Angels (The Mortal Instruments, #4) by Cassandra Clare

message 32: by Pamela (new)

Pamela (pandareader36) | 2 comments just finished The Trials of Apollo:The Dark Prophecy by Rick Riordan for my series read. 4 out of 5🌟
now need to find a story with a 38 year old

message 33: by Desislava (last edited Jun 08, 2017 12:16PM) (new)

Desislava  Ilieva (desiiilieva) | 1 comments I want to finish "Wizard and Glass", the fourth book in "The Dark Tower" series by Stephen King. I'm currently at 60% and should be able to read it but I don't find it that interesting (except for the parts with Roland and Susan which I think are very well written).

message 34: by Fallon (new)

Fallon (uneprincesseecriture) | 13 comments Winter Fairest Wires and Nerve

message 35: by Liliana (new)

Liliana Boada (lilyboada) | 16 comments Finish El nombre del viento (Crónica del asesino de reyes, #1) by Patrick Rothfuss and start with Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles, #2) by Marissa Meyer

message 36: by Ashly (new)

Ashly (ashlyh) | 104 comments Wrap-up: Always and Forever, Lara Jean (To All the Boys I've Loved Before, #3) by Jenny Han , 325pgs

I didn't get to Firefight but I will later on this month.