Modern Tales of Na Fianna Read Along discussion

Fun Stuff > Fanart Fridays!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 56 (56 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Hazel (new)

Hazel West | 97 comments Mod
So, here is where you give me suggestions for what you want me to draw each Friday of the read. Other artists out there, feel free to take on any of the suggestions you see. I will be picking which every suggestions interest me most but everyone is welcome to do their own thing. I would love to see some fan art from you :)

You can post directly into the board, or you can add links to your blogs/deviantart page or whatever.

Another fun thing--My Pintrest board for Blood Ties: https://www.pinterest.com/artfulscrib...

message 2: by Hazel (new)

Here is an Eamon for the first Fanart Friday! I'm working on a Killian too, and I may get him up a little later this weekend.

message 3: by Abigail H. (new)

Abigail H. Leskey (runeknitter) | 24 comments I like him! :-)

message 4: by Hazel (new)

message 5: by Merenwen (new)

Merenwen Inglorion | 6 comments Awesome. :D

Suggestion:
A mini-scene with Riordan knitting and Keevan performing his antics. <3

message 6: by Deborah (new)

Deborah O'Carroll (on break) (deborahocarroll) | 35 comments Coolness! :D I love his curls. ^_^

Merenwen wrote: "Suggestion:
A mini-scene with Riordan knitting and Keevan performing his antics. <3"

I found myself looking for a "like" for this comment. XD YES.

message 7: by Hazel (new)

Glad you like it, guys ^_^

@Merenwen: I will work on that one for next week!

message 8: by Joseph (new)

Joseph Leskey (reconditestaff) | 8 comments A fine drawing. I'm afraid when I think of Eamon, I always visualize him as some human (with hair) in leather armor, so it's nice to have a reminder as to what he actually looks like. :D Maybe hereafter I shall be able mentally portray him in a better fashion.

Merenwen wrote: "Suggestion:
A mini-scene with Riordan knitting and Keevan performing his antics. <3"

Hazel wrote: "I will work on that one for next week!"

I'm really looking forward to this. :)

(@Deborah, I also searched vainly for a like button. :D)

message 9: by Hazel (new)

Haha, that can happen ;)

message 10: by Abigail H. (new)

Abigail H. Leskey (runeknitter) | 24 comments

Fanart of Eamon, based on Hazel's drawing above.

message 11: by Abigail H. (last edited Jun 11, 2017 02:41PM) (new)

Abigail H. Leskey (runeknitter) | 24 comments My little sister, whose memory is apparently better than mine, has just reminded me that he is supposed to have black eyes. I should have asked her before I colored!

message 12: by Hazel (new)

I love him! Haha, yes, he does have black eyes, but that's okay ;)

message 13: by Abigail H. (new)

Abigail H. Leskey (runeknitter) | 24 comments Thank you :-)

message 14: by Hazel (new)

Time for another Fanart Friday! Here is the request I got this week from Merenwen for Keevan and Riordan. And another bonus pic of the scene which I had drawn a long time ago :)

message 15: by Hazel (new)

Also here is a sketch dump of various sketches I have done for the series:

(from left to right-then down: 1. Killian and Eamon, 2. Keevan and Riordan, 3.Tierney and Ciran, 4. Deaglan, 5. Keevan and Riordan, 6. Ciran and Caitlin, 7.Deaglan, 8. Jarlath and Gorlan, 9. King Lorcan, 10. Riordan, 11. Jarlath and Gorlan, 12. Eamon and Killian)

message 16: by Hazel (new)

Again, if you want to join in on Fanart Friday artists of any kind (it doesn't have to be actual art, it can be any creative media ;) feel free!
Start thinking of what you might like to see next Friday!

message 17: by Abigail H. (new)

Abigail H. Leskey (runeknitter) | 24 comments So many sketches! :D I really like the one with Keevan upside down :P

message 18: by Hazel (new)

Haha, thanks ;)

message 19: by Merenwen (new)

Merenwen Inglorion | 6 comments These are so neat!! :D
My favorite is also the one with Killian doing a handstand on the couch. :P

I'm going camping for a week (I'll be able to keep up with the read-along cuz I got a print copy! And I have convinced my brother to start reading it!), and am planning on doing some fan-art facial sketches of the Company. :D

message 20: by Hazel (new)

Merenwen wrote: "These are so neat!! :D
My favorite is also the one with Killian doing a handstand on the couch. :P

I'm going camping for a week (I'll be able to keep up with the read-along cuz I got a print copy!..."

Awesome! I hope you have a fun camping trip :) I think the last section of the book I'll extend to the end of the month, so there will be plenty of time.

message 21: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Rawls (erawls) | 3 comments I really like the Eamon fan arts! And Keevan upside down. :D

message 22: by Hazel (new)

Glad you liked them :)

By the way, I'm thinking of doing some Goblin sketches this week!

message 23: by Hazel (new)

Here's the art of the week! Some sketches of King Lorcan

message 24: by Deborah (new)

Deborah O'Carroll (on break) (deborahocarroll) | 35 comments Hazel wrote: "Here's the art of the week! Some sketches of King Lorcan

"

:O WHY DOES HE HAVE TO BE SO DARN GOOD LOOKING. Ahem. Awesome sketch, Hazel!! :D

I have an idea for a fan-art thing but I never art, so I don't know how it would turn out. o.o Might try my hand at it though if I find time this week...

message 25: by Abigail H. (new)

Abigail H. Leskey (runeknitter) | 24 comments These sketches remind me of a sinister 18th century aristocrat.

message 26: by Deborah (new)

Deborah O'Carroll (on break) (deborahocarroll) | 35 comments Abigail H. wrote: "These sketches remind me of a sinister 18th century aristocrat."

:O YES!

message 27: by Claire (new)

Claire Banschbach | 6 comments Ooh! Love the one in the chair!

message 28: by Hazel (new)

@Deborah: Haha, well, secret, I did fashion him after Benedict Cumberbatch after seeing him as Khan. (because he plays a totally awesome baddie) And I would love to see anything you come up with if you get around to it.

@Abigail: he does kind of look like that. Their fashion is based on a cross between that time period and punk rock :P

@Claire: Thanks :)

message 29: by Hazel (new)

Okay guys, last official Fanart Friday for the Blood Ties readalong :)
I wasn't able to get a lot of time, but I did get a sketch of Gorlan and Jarlath together because drawing goblins is fun :) Hope you like!

message 30: by Abigail H. (new)

Abigail H. Leskey (runeknitter) | 24 comments You did a good job of showing their family resemblance. They look like brothers, and they look like they could be Lorcan's cousins.

message 31: by Hazel (new)

message 32: by Deborah (new)

Deborah O'Carroll (on break) (deborahocarroll) | 35 comments Aaahh, love it!! :D And I agree with Abigail. ^_^

message 33: by Hazel (new)

Deborah wrote: "Aaahh, love it!! :D And I agree with Abigail. ^_^"

Thank you :)

message 34: by Hazel (new)

This week's Fanart Friday to start off the Earthly King readalong, I thought I would do a wee sketch of Bree.

message 35: by Abigail H. (last edited Jul 14, 2017 08:08PM) (new)

Abigail H. Leskey (runeknitter) | 24 comments She's cute!

message 36: by Deborah (new)

Deborah O'Carroll (on break) (deborahocarroll) | 35 comments Aaahh, awesome! Love it! :D ...Eamon would say you left out the most important part: the freckles. XD

message 37: by Claire (new)

Claire Banschbach | 6 comments Ahh! She's so cute! :D

message 38: by Hazel (new)

Thanks! (And she did have freckles, it's just the quality of the picture is terrible because I was too lazy to scan it in and just took a picture of it instead.)

message 39: by Deborah (new)

Deborah O'Carroll (on break) (deborahocarroll) | 35 comments Hazel wrote: "Thanks! (And she did have freckles, it's just the quality of the picture is terrible because I was too lazy to scan it in and just took a picture of it instead.)"

That's actually what I figured but I had to say something about freckles because Eamon! XD <3 Anyways, love iiiit! :D

message 40: by Hazel (new)

It is very important ;)

message 41: by Abigail H. (last edited Jul 19, 2017 05:19PM) (new)

Abigail H. Leskey (runeknitter) | 24 comments

Bree--I digitally painted up a sketch of her, that I'd sketched before I saw Hazel's portrait of her. So not quite accurate :)

message 42: by Hazel (new)

Abigail H. wrote: "

Bree--I digitally painted up a sketch of her, that I'd sketched before I saw Hazel's portrait of her. So not quite accurate :)"

Aww, I like her :) I remember the sketch you send me a while ago. I always enjoy seeing how other people view the characters.

message 43: by Abigail H. (last edited Jul 19, 2017 08:06PM) (new)

Abigail H. Leskey (runeknitter) | 24 comments Hazel wrote: "Abigail H. wrote: "

Bree--I digitally painted up a sketch of her, that I'd sketched before I saw Hazel's portrait of her. So not quite accurate :)"

Aww, I like her :) I remember the sketch you s..."

Thank you, I'm glad you like my rendition! :-)

message 44: by Deborah (new)

Deborah O'Carroll (on break) (deborahocarroll) | 35 comments Eep! Love your drawing, Abigail! :D

message 45: by Abigail H. (new)

Abigail H. Leskey (runeknitter) | 24 comments Deborah wrote: "Eep! Love your drawing, Abigail! :D"

Thank you! :D

message 46: by Hazel (new)

Any suggestions for this week's art?

message 47: by Hazel (new)

This week I drew Queen Eolande (view spoiler)

message 48: by Abigail H. (new)

Abigail H. Leskey (runeknitter) | 24 comments Dramatic!

message 49: by Deborah (new)

Deborah O'Carroll (on break) (deborahocarroll) | 35 comments WHOA! :O

message 50: by Hazel (new)

haha, glad you like it. She didn't turn out exactly the way I wanted her to, but I guess she's okay.

« previous 1