Modern Tales of Na Fianna Read Along discussion

Fun Stuff > Ask the Author

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hazel (new)

Hazel West | 97 comments Mod
Ask me (Hazel) whatever you wish :)

message 2: by Abigail H. (new)

Abigail H. Leskey (runeknitter) | 24 comments What Hogwarts houses would the main characters be in?

message 3: by Hazel (new)

Oh my, that's an interesting one.

Ciran and Caitlin, I think are Gryffendor. Actually, maybe most of the company would be…

Killian is Hufflepuff Eamon may be Gryffendor too, but probably more like Ravenclaw?

I think Jarlath and Gorlan, two of my goblin characters would be Slytherin, of course that doesn't mean they have to be bad. Lorcan, obviously would be though :P

If anyone else has actually read Harry Potter would like to put in their suggestions, that would be cool too :)

message 4: by Abigail H. (last edited May 23, 2017 11:32AM) (new)

Abigail H. Leskey (runeknitter) | 24 comments I think Eamon would quite possibly be in Ravenclaw :) And Riordan might be a Hufflepuff --a Gryffindor might not be so responsible about being a Berserker.

message 5: by Hazel (new)

That's probably true haha :P

message 6: by Deborah (new)

Deborah O'Carroll (deborahocarroll) | 35 comments So there are some Irish phrases in here... I'm wondering how familiar you are with the Irish language, if you know some of it, and how you gathered your knowledge--just teaching yourself from reading Irish things, or just looking up particular words/phrases you wanted to use? Sorry if that's a vague question. :P

message 7: by Hazel (new)

Well, I can't speak it :P I know a bit from just reading a lot of Irish books in general, Irish poetry, and of course Irish songs. I have learned several Irish songs that I play and sing with my guitar and when I do, I at least like to know the words, so I look up translations.

Most of what I used here was from online Irish dictionaries, and Google Translate, for the longer stuff, though that took several times back and fourth to get a good translation. Even now, it's probably not accurate :P