Romance Lovers for the Challenge-Impaired discussion

The Fifteenth Minute (The Ivy Years, #5)
This topic is about The Fifteenth Minute
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archived: Series Reads > The Fifteenth Minute (The Ivy Years #5) by Sarina Bowen [Start date: June 12, 2017

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Phoenix (Online Elf), Moderator (last edited May 23, 2017 08:35AM) (new)

Phoenix (Online Elf) | 4356 comments

The Fifteenth Minute by Sarina Bowen

Freshman Lianne Challice is known to millions of fans as Princess Vindi. But sometimes a silver screen sorceress just wants to hang up her wand, tell her manager to shove it, and become a normal college student. Too bad that’s harder than it looks.

She’s never lived a normal life. She hasn’t been to school since kindergarten. And getting close to anyone is just too risky — the last boy she kissed sold the story to a British tabloid.

But she can’t resist trying to get close to Daniel "DJ" Trevi, the hot, broody guy who spins tunes for hockey games in the arena. Something's haunting his dark eyes, and she needs to know more.

DJ's genius is for expressing the mood of the crowd with a ten second song snippet. With just a click and a fade, he can spread hope, pathos or elation among six thousand screaming fans.

Too bad his college career is about to experience the same quick fade-out as one of his songs. He can't get close to Lianne, and he can't tell her why. And the fact that she seems to like him at all? Incredible.

message 2: by Phoenix (Online Elf), Moderator (new)

Phoenix (Online Elf) | 4356 comments Reserved.

message 3: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 2 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments I'm in

Silvia | 638 comments In.

message 5: by Jodie (new)

Jodie (dubious_ks) | 86 comments In

message 6: by Gisela, Moderator (new)

Gisela (chicadorlando) | 4022 comments I'm in!

message 7: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 2 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments I haven't had time to start yet. Hopefully tomorrow

message 8: by Gisela, Moderator (new)

Gisela (chicadorlando) | 4022 comments I haven't started either!

message 9: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 2 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments I read one sentence and something came up!

Silvia | 638 comments I'm starting this weekend. I have to finish Rock Chick first and one other. Yikes!

message 11: by Gisela, Moderator (new)

Gisela (chicadorlando) | 4022 comments No problem, Sylvia. I still haven't started.

message 12: by ShoSho , Moderator (last edited Jun 17, 2017 03:35PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments I'm on chapter 5.
(view spoiler)

message 13: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 2 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Chapter 10
(view spoiler)

message 14: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 2 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Chapter 17

(view spoiler)

Silvia | 638 comments Thru chapter 8! So far I'm enjoying this. DJ and Lianne compliment each other very well. ; )

message 16: by Silvia (last edited Jun 19, 2017 12:32AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Silvia | 638 comments Through chapter 22. Females who (view spoiler) There is no excuse for this! None, nada, zilch. Grrrrr.....

Silvia | 638 comments I'm hoping for a sequel for Leo and Georgia. ; )

message 18: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 2 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Silvia wrote: "I'm hoping for a sequel for Leo and Georgia. ; )"

There's one Silvia Rookie Move (Brooklyn Bruisers, #1) by Sarina Bowen ;)

message 19: by ShoSho , Moderator (last edited Jun 19, 2017 01:54PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments I'm done (view spoiler)

message 20: by Silvia (last edited Jun 19, 2017 02:35PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Silvia | 638 comments I'm done too! (view spoiler) There, I've had my say. More ranting from Silvia.

message 21: by Silvia (last edited Jun 19, 2017 02:37PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Silvia | 638 comments ShoSho wrote: "I'm done
And I'm not happy with the second half of the book. It got boring.At about 70% or so I was thinking that didn't care what would happen to these characters one way or other.

Lianne's cha..."

I probably won't (view spoiler)either.

message 22: by ShoSho , Moderator (last edited Jun 19, 2017 02:40PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Silvia wrote: "I'm done too! [spoilers removed] There, I've had my say. More ranting from Silvia."

Gahh ! It was a frustrating book Silvia! I wasn't happy with that either. I'm not a Christian but even I wasn't happy with the portrayal of a priest. There were so many things wrong about this book.
I could rant for hours about it!

Silvia | 638 comments ShoSho wrote: "Silvia wrote: "I'm done too! [spoilers removed] There, I've had my say. More ranting from Silvia."

Gahh ! It was a frustrating book Silvia! I wasn't happy with that either. I'm not a Christian but..."

I could rant for hours too but I've still got 2 book challenges to finish! On to better books!

message 24: by Gisela, Moderator (new)

Gisela (chicadorlando) | 4022 comments I confess I read the spoilers! *gasp* I wasn't feeling very motivated to start this one. After reading your spoilers, I'm not going to.

message 25: by Gisela, Moderator (last edited Jun 19, 2017 03:52PM) (new)

Gisela (chicadorlando) | 4022 comments Silvia wrote: "I'm done too! [spoilers removed] There, I've had my say. More ranting from Silvia."

The same thing happened in The Understatement of the Year (The Ivy Years, #3) by Sarina Bowen , with Rikker's parents.

Silvia | 638 comments Gisela wrote: "Silvia wrote: "I'm done too! [spoilers removed] There, I've had my say. More ranting from Silvia."

The same thing happened in The Understatement of the Year (The Ivy Years, #3) by Sarina Bowen, with Rikker's par..."

Same ole, same ole. Bad evil Christians/Catholics/Jews, bigots all...NOT! Ok, I'll take one book in the series but over and over, come on, the song needs a new tune and the dance needs some new steps. Just saying,

message 27: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 2 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 12263 comments Gisela wrote: "I confess I read the spoilers! *gasp* I wasn't feeling very motivated to start this one. After reading your spoilers, I'm not going to."

lol good for you :D

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.