Fear Fantastique discussion

TV > TV Random Notes

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amy (new)

Amy | 339 comments Mod
There was recently a Torchwood miniseries on BBC America - Children of Earth. It's already on DVD so I thought I'd let folks know - you might remember that Torchwood is related to Dr. Who - Captain Harkness and his trusty band have (had) their headquarters over a "rift" in Wales through which all kinds of alien beasties have been coming through. This miniseries had some interesting political aspects and, as always, good acting.

message 2: by Amy (new)

Amy | 339 comments Mod
I just read this on www.aintitcoolnews.com -

“Buffy The Vampire Slayer” and “Angel” writer-producer Marti Noxon is working with producing partner Dawn Parouse Olmstead to bring Guillermo del Toro and Chuck Hogan’s “The Strain” novels to the small screen.

The books are about a microorganism that either kills you or turns you into a vampire.

Sounds cool to me - I'm a huge Buffy fan. You might remember that our dearly departed Dave said that The Strain was a pretty good book (it's on my to-read list). And Noxon is known to be a good writer. Here's hoping yet another vampire series (!) will be a good one!

message 3: by Amy (new)

Amy | 339 comments Mod
I've watched a couple of eps of Being Human on BBC America and think it's an interesting series. Basically, a vampire, werewolf and ghost are roommates. I know that sounds a bit gimmicky, but the actors are strong and the characters are written well. Check it out!

message 4: by Amy (new)

Amy | 339 comments Mod
Another news item from aintitcoolnews.com -

Writer-director Frank Darabont (“The Shawshank Redemption,” “The Green Mile,” “The Mist”) is close to signing on to write and direct an AMC series adaptation of Robert Kirkman’s graphic novel series “The Walking Dead.”

Variety describes the premise:

Project is set among a group of zombie survivors of an apocalypse who are led by a police officer, Rick Grimes, in search of a safe place to live.

AMC has a great track record so far with Mad Men and Breaking Bad - sounds like another interesting series!