A Good Thriller discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Book Pals - Archive > Summer Book Pals -- Sign Up

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Lorrea - WhatChaReadin'? (whatchatreadin) | 2099 comments Mod
IT'S BOOK PAL SIGN UP TIME!!!! PLEASE READ CAREFULLY FOR OUR NEW CHANGES!

Ever feel like your To Be Read shelf is overwhelming? Now is the time to sign up with a partner to take down that list! This will be the opportunity to be randomly paired with another member for A Good Thriller group and read one or several books from the ever grown list of TBR.

You will be randomly paired with another member, and you will decide together how you will do your Book Pal reading. Maybe you will both pick the same book to read and discuss or you will pick a book you have already read that your Pal hasn't to share and discuss. You can pick one book that will last the entire Summer, by opting to read a chapter a day. You and your Pal make the rules and Have Fun!!! You can chat through Personal Message, but I encourage you to post your thoughts in the Summer Book Pals--Post Your Thoughts thread(remember to conceal spoilers). If you don't post while reading, please let us know when you are finished, your thoughts on the book(s) you have read.

If you are interested, sign up for Book Pals during the month of May. ***NEW***
Summer Book Pals will run from June 1st - August 30th. You can sign up for a Pal anytime between now and August 1st. Those who sign up early are more likely to get paired quickly. If you sign up after the June 1st start, it may take a while for you to be paired.

Once you sign up in this thread, on June 1st, I will try send a PM to participants as well as post pairs on the Summer Books Pals--Post Your Thoughts thread. In the past people have missed the thread with their Pal, I understand these things can get lost in notifications, which is why I will send the PM. If you wish to not receive a PM from me, please let me know when you sign up.

TIPS:
- Make sure your profile is set to Public or that you are able to receive private messages from people who are not on your friend list. This will help your Pal to get in touch with you.
- If you have a specific shelf you would like for your Pal to choose your book from, please indicate that when you sign up.
-Consider adding more books to your "To-Read" shelf so your Pal will have more to choose from.
-Only sign up if you are committed to participating. You and your Pal can decide how much or little you want to participate during the entire season (read one book, read multiple).
- Most importantly HAVE FUN!! Book Pals is meant to be fun and share the love of reading with a Pal. This is why we changed the format, so you don't feel as stressed about trying to read so much in one month especially if you have a hard time getting in touch with your Pal.

**Always if you have an questions, comments or concerns, you can contact me, I don't mind receiving private messages and I will try to respond to you in a timely manner.**

message 2: by Kat (new)

Kat (bookworm2017) | 25 comments Hi, I'd like to help get my net galley section down so this will would be ideal. I have a column labelled net galley books. I have some from previous years so this should be doable

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.