Play Book Tag discussion

May 2017: 2004 > The Kite Runner by Khalid Hosseini 5 stars

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by MargieD2017 (new)

MargieD2017 | 259 comments I so thoroughly enjoyed this book. (Especially following my Ireland book entry that took forever to get through. Ha!) I found the story of the 'The Kite Runner' to be riveting and haunting capturing the life of an Afghan during the reign of the Taliban. While there are moments of horror in this book they are handled with such gentleness that you are able to read them without shuttering too badly. The story pace and the narrative capture your imagination and your heart. A fantastic paperback published in 2004.

message 2: by Amy (new)

Amy | 8285 comments Great Book - see the tag allowed us both to read something special we'd otherwise wouldn't have.

message 3: by MargieD2017 (new)

MargieD2017 | 259 comments How right you are!

message 4: by Ellen (new)

Ellen | 2086 comments I read this book recently and liked it very much too.

message 5: by Book Concierge (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 5639 comments It was a 5-star read for me.

message 6: by Marina (new)

Marina (sonnenbarke) Margie, if you liked this book, I recommend you read A Thousand Splendid Suns as well. It was even better in my opinion. I really love how Hosseini writes and tells stories. I think he really is a great storyteller.

message 7: by Susie (new)

Susie | 4488 comments This book brings back great memories for me, not only because it was a fabulous read but also because I read it while I was on a European holiday. The same holiday I fell pregnant with our first child. :-)

message 8: by Amy (new)

Amy | 8285 comments "Fell pregnant" must be an Australian term. Here is the US, we say "got" pregnant, or in rarer situations "became" pregnant. I like yours better. Oddly enough, I remember what I was reading when I gave birth and was in the first hours of my newborns lives. Except for the third. Who knows what I was reading when he popped out 7 years ago.

message 9: by annapi (new)

annapi | 4911 comments I still have not read this book.... it's been on my TBR forever...

message 10: by Joi (new)

Joi (missjoious) | 3782 comments annapi wrote: "I still have not read this book.... it's been on my TBR forever..."

Me too. I bought it last year in an effort to try and read it soon, and it still hasn't happened.

Also I've never heard of the phrase "fell pregnant" either. Like someone "fell" into bed with their partner?! lol.