Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Cover Help > Please Combine Books

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mina (new)

Mina Nicoli (minamarial) | 7 comments Hi. I have followed your instructions for creating a new edition in order to feature the newest cover for this book rather than trying to replace the cover on the original version that is listed here on Goodreads. On the Combine page, though, neither book shows up, so I am here asking you to please combine the two editions of The Magic of Avalon Eyrelin together. Thank you.

message 2: by Abcdarian (new)

Abcdarian | 19392 comments Two editions combined. I hope you can set the default view without being the first listed author. Here's how: https://www.goodreads.com/help/show/3...

message 3: by Mina (last edited May 22, 2017 02:33PM) (new)

Mina Nicoli (minamarial) | 7 comments Thank you! Ok, I see - I have to open it to see the other editions..

message 4: by Mina (last edited May 22, 2017 02:27PM) (new)

Mina Nicoli (minamarial) | 7 comments The option to set this book as default (primary) edition is not there... I go to Edit Details and all that is listed to the right is:

Back to Book Page
Delete Photo
Add additional images
Disable tooltips
Refresh book and work rating stats
Refresh book page cache
Mark as "Not a Book". More info

message 5: by Mina (new)

Mina Nicoli (minamarial) | 7 comments I would like to set this one as the default:

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

message 6: by Mina (new)

Mina Nicoli (minamarial) | 7 comments I do have to say that this situation is very annoying, since the first listed author is my old pen name.

message 7: by Abcdarian (last edited May 22, 2017 02:45PM) (new)

Abcdarian | 19392 comments I was afraid it might not work for you. There is a possibility of claiming the other author profile, using a different email address, but you could also contact Support and ask them to set a particular edition as default. Regular librarians can't do it.

message 8: by Mina (new)

Mina Nicoli (minamarial) | 7 comments Thank you :)

message 9: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 42075 comments Mod
Abcdarian wrote: "I hope you can set the default view without being the first listed author."

No, only the primary author can. Secondary authors must use the Contact Us link on the Help page.

message 10: by Mina (new)

Mina Nicoli (minamarial) | 7 comments Thank you very much! I have contacted support and they have taken care of the entire issue for me. Thanks again :)