Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

Book Cover Challenge > Kieron's Book Cover Challenge

Comments Showing 1-50 of 77 (77 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Kieron (last edited Dec 24, 2017 03:43AM) (new)

Kieron Red cover ✓
Orange cover
Yellow cover ✓
Green cover ✓
Blue cover ✓
Purple cover ✓
Pink cover ✓
White cover ✓
Black cover ✓
Metallic cover ✓

Cover with the author’s name in the biggest font ✓
Cover with the title in the biggest font. ✓

Cover with a tower ✓
Cover with a cityscape ✓
Cover with a boat/ship ✓
Cover with a house ✓

Cover with a tree ✓
Cover with a mountain ✓
Cover with a night sky ✓

Cover with a man ✓
Cover with a woman ✓
Cover with a dragon ✓
Cover with a bird ✓
Cover with a magical creature ✓

Cover with a weapon ✓
Cover with a crown
Cover with a cloak ✓
Cover with a mask ✓

message 2: by Kieron (new)

Kieron Cover with a house - Sins of Empire (Gods of Blood and Powder, #1) by Brian McClellan - 25/5/17

message 3: by Satsuma (new)

Satsuma | 2 comments Cover with a cloak!
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7) by J.K. Rowling

message 4: by Kieron (new)

Kieron Thanks Satsuma. The idea is to read a book with something on the cover that matches the challenge and I haven't got round to reading any of the Harry Potter books yet.

message 5: by Satsuma (new)

Satsuma | 2 comments Your welcome. I have already read that book.
:D

message 6: by Kieron (new)

Kieron Cover with a night sky - Fool Moon (The Dresden Files, #2) by Jim Butcher - 29/5/17

message 7: by Kieron (new)

Kieron Cover with a weapon - Memories of Ice (The Malazan Book of the Fallen, #3) by Steven Erikson - 7/6/17

message 8: by Niki Hawkes, I made it past GOTM... barely (new)

Niki Hawkes - The Obsessive Bookseller | 6936 comments Mod
Kieron wrote: "Cover with a weapon - Memories of Ice (The Malazan Book of the Fallen, #3) by Steven Erikson- 7/6/17"

Nice! You're moving right along with this challenge. :)

message 9: by Kieron (new)

Kieron Only until I start reading House Of Chains Niki

message 10: by Kieron (new)

Kieron Cover with a tower - The Hunter (Victor the Assassin, #1) by Tom Wood - 16/6/17

message 11: by Kieron (new)

Kieron White cover - Malice (The Faithful and the Fallen, #1) by John Gwynne - 30/6/17

message 12: by Kieron (new)

Kieron Cover with a boat/ship - Ship of Magic (Liveship Traders, #1) by Robin Hobb - 2/7/17

message 13: by Niki Hawkes, I made it past GOTM... barely (new)

Nice! Great job - how did you like ship of magic? :)

message 14: by Angela, I'm Silverfox lost (new)

Angela | 3517 comments Mod
Great progress Kieron. Well done!

message 15: by Kieron (new)

Kieron Niki Hawkes wrote: "Nice! Great job - how did you like ship of magic? :)"

My 4th Robin Hobb book and although a little slow paced at times, very high quality with great characterization and worldbuilding. She certainly puts her characters through some uncomfortable situations.

message 16: by Niki Hawkes, I made it past GOTM... barely (new)

She does at that. Awkward lol

message 17: by Kieron (new)

Kieron Cover with a man - Grave Peril (The Dresden Files, #3) by Jim Butcher - 12/7/17

message 18: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new)

Scott  Hitchcock (lostinthewarrenofchaos) | 8082 comments Mod
You're cruising through these.

message 19: by Kieron (new)

Kieron They are all just falling into place as I read them at the moment. There is going to be a point in the near future though when I will have to read books just to make them fit. Book with a pink cover! 😢

message 20: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new)

Kieron wrote: "They are all just falling into place as I read them at the moment. There is going to be a point in the near future though when I will have to read books just to make them fit. Book with a pink cove..."

I think you have to find one with some pink or you'll never finish. The Obelisk Gate

The Obelisk Gate (The Broken Earth, #2) by N.K. Jemisin

This is my book I'm going to use and to me it's pink enough. :)

message 21: by Kieron (new)

Kieron Ha Ha. Does that mean I have to start another series just to get a book with a pink cover. 🙄

message 22: by Tammie (last edited Jul 12, 2017 09:31AM) (new)

Tammie | 3842 comments Good job Kieron.

I think that's plenty pink enough Scott. I'm wondering what I'm going to use for a metallic cover, especially since I read a lot on my Kindle. I can't really tell if they are shiny and metallic looking.

message 23: by Tammie (new)

Tammie | 3842 comments Kieron wrote: "Ha Ha. Does that mean I have to start another series just to get a book with a pink cover. 🙄"

Haha. One challenge derailing another?

message 24: by Kieron (new)

Kieron Tammie wrote: "Good job Kieron.

I think that's plenty pink enough Scott. I'm wondering what I'm going to use for a metallic cover, especially since I read a lot on my Kindle. I can't really tell if they are shi..."

Thanks Tammie. We are all trailing behind you. I was thinking gold, silver or bronze for metallic.

message 25: by Tammie (new)

Tammie | 3842 comments Kieron wrote: "Tammie wrote: "Good job Kieron.

I think that's plenty pink enough Scott. I'm wondering what I'm going to use for a metallic cover, especially since I read a lot on my Kindle. I can't really tell ..."

I guess it doesn't really need to be shiny then? I've got a gold colored one I could use then. I don't know why I was thinking it had to be shiny.

message 26: by Tammie (new)

Tammie | 3842 comments Kieron wrote: "Thanks Tammie. We are all trailing behind you. I was thinking gold, silver or bronze for metallic."

Like you I've been lucky enough to just be reading stuff that fit into the categories so far.

message 27: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new)

Tammie wrote: "Good job Kieron.

I think that's plenty pink enough Scott. I'm wondering what I'm going to use for a metallic cover, especially since I read a lot on my Kindle. I can't really tell if they are shi..."

I used Fall of Light

Fall of Light (The Kharkanas Trilogy, #2) by Steven Erikson

which was easy since it is a bronze statue.

message 28: by Kieron (new)

Kieron Don't think I will be reading that anytime soon Scott. I am only up to House Of Chains in the Malazan world.

message 29: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new)

Kieron wrote: "Don't think I will be reading that anytime soon Scott. I am only up to House Of Chains in the Malazan world."

No doubt. I was just using it as an example.

message 30: by Kieron (new)

Kieron Cover with a cloak - Traitor's Blade (Greatcoats, #1) by Sebastien de Castell - 12/7/17

message 31: by Angela, I'm Silverfox lost (new)

Fantastic progress Kieron! I'm using Malice as my metallic cover. I reckon it could be white or metallic, but figured metallic would be harder to tick off for me.

message 32: by Angela, I'm Silverfox lost (new)

Kieron wrote: "Don't think I will be reading that anytime soon Scott. I am only up to House Of Chains in the Malazan world."

House of Chains is taking me forever Kieron, though it's finally looking like I will finish it this week!

message 33: by Kieron (new)

Kieron I am avoiding starting House Of Chains for that very reason Angela. Will have to bite the bullet and commit to it soon though.

message 34: by Angela, I'm Silverfox lost (new)

Hope you do start soon Kieron, it's still a good read. Just finding it a bit more of a slog than the first 3.

message 35: by Kieron (new)

Kieron Blue cover - Sharp Ends by Joe Abercrombie - 16/7/17

message 36: by Kieron (new)

Kieron Black cover - The Force by Don Winslow - 26/7/16

message 37: by Kieron (new)

Kieron Green cover - The Fifth Season (The Broken Earth, #1) by N.K. Jemisin - 29/7/17

message 38: by Kieron (new)

Kieron Cover with a tree - City of Thieves by David Benioff - 3/8/17

message 39: by Kieron (new)

Kieron Cover with the title in the biggest font - Kings of the Wyld (The Band, #1) by Nicholas Eames - 20/8/17

message 40: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new)

Kieron wrote: "Cover with the title in the biggest font -Kings of the Wyld (The Band, #1) by Nicholas Eames - 20/8/17"

It's not big enough. :)

message 41: by Kieron (new)

Kieron Scott wrote: "Kieron wrote: "Cover with the title in the biggest font -Kings of the Wyld (The Band, #1) by Nicholas Eames - 20/8/17"

It's not big enough. :)"

Ha Ha Ha. Was going to use it for my white/brown/red/grey/pink/purple/blue/yellow/ cover.

message 42: by Angela, I'm Silverfox lost (new)

Haha you guys. Funny. Kieron, I'm using the same book for my biggest font.

message 43: by Kieron (new)

Kieron We are both about half way through and. to be honest I think I am going to start struggling,. because I look at my bookshelf and I don't have any of these covers there.

message 44: by Angela, I'm Silverfox lost (new)

Same here. There's 4 more I think I can do fairly easily in the next couple of months and another 4 I'm going to struggle.

message 45: by Kieron (new)

Kieron Yellow cover - Knight's Shadow (Greatcoats, #2) by Sebastien de Castell - 7/9/17

message 46: by Kieron (last edited Sep 08, 2017 07:36PM) (new)

Kieron Cover with a magical creature - The Mad Ship (Liveship Traders, #2) by Robin Hobb - 9/9/17

message 47: by Kieron (new)

Kieron Cover with a bird - The Shadow of What Was Lost (The Licanius Trilogy, #1) by James Islington - 24/9/17

message 48: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new)

Kieron wrote: "Cover with a bird - The Shadow of What Was Lost (The Licanius Trilogy, #1) by James Islington - 24/9/17"

But the birds constitute such a small percentage of the cover. :)

Great job.

message 49: by Kieron (new)

Kieron Cover with a cityscape - City of Stairs (The Divine Cities, #1) by Robert Jackson Bennett - 8/10/17

message 50: by Kieron (new)

Kieron Metallic cover - Valour (The Faithful and the Fallen, #2) by John Gwynne - 31/10/17

« previous 1