YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

The Final Empire (Mistborn, #1)
This topic is about The Final Empire
GROUP BUDDY READ > The Final Empire (Mistborn #1) by Brandon Sanderson - GBR - Starting June 22nd 2017

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 83081 comments Mod

In a world where ash falls from the sky, and mist dominates the night, an evil cloaks the land and stifles all life. The future of the empire rests on the shoulders of a troublemaker and his young apprentice. Together, can they fill the world with color once more?

In Brandon Sanderson's intriguing tale of love, loss, despair and hope, a new kind of magic enters the stage — Allomancy, a magic of the metals.

The Final Empire (Mistborn #1) by Brandon Sanderson will be our 4th GBR for June 2017.

Please read at your own pace, and hide any spoilers ☺ You are welcome to join at any time during the month ☺

Happy Reading Everybody!

Pre-Reading Questions -

Anybody got any thoughts on this one before we start?

Has anyone read anything similar to this before?

Anybody read anything else by this author previously?

message 4: by Shantavia (new) - added it

Shantavia | 1171 comments I'm so ready for this one! I've been putting it off these past few months and this is the perfect opportunity for me to read it!

GrapedUp (chuurun-ien) | 147 comments I would try to join this. I need to read the trilogy soon, really. Same as @Shantavia I've been putting it for months too!
I have read 3 books of Sanderson's, two successful, one not so..

message 6: by Shane (new) - added it

Shane Mulligan | 4 comments I recently moved to California from Maryland and left my copies there, I really hope the library has them so I can join :)

GrapedUp (chuurun-ien) | 147 comments Can we move this up? I really can't wait lol 😅

message 8: by Shantavia (new) - added it

Shantavia | 1171 comments @Churin You can start anytime you want as long as you hide your spoilers. I've been thinking about starting this one early as well, but I haven't decided yet :)

GrapedUp (chuurun-ien) | 147 comments @Shantavia really?? I didn't know that hehe
I'm planning on reading other books after my current reads but this book keeps whispering to me to read it :3

message 10: by Shantavia (new) - added it

Shantavia | 1171 comments @Churin I know! Haha I keep looking at the cover like it's calling my name :D I was thinking of starting it and reading it while I read other books, but then I keep deciding against it because I want to be fully submerged into the story.

GrapedUp (chuurun-ien) | 147 comments You, me too! Let's read this after our current reads? When will you be available to?

Heather | 10189 comments this has been on my shelf forever I'm going to start it after I finish my current physical books

message 13: by Shantavia (new) - added it

Shantavia | 1171 comments I have to start another book today. So I may finish it today or tomorrow and then once I finish it I think I can start Mistborn.

Heather | 10189 comments What book are you starting today?

message 15: by Shantavia (new) - added it

Shantavia | 1171 comments Me Before You by JoJo Moyes

GrapedUp (chuurun-ien) | 147 comments I think I will start Mistborn tomorrow or the day after tomorrow. I'm so excited :33

message 17: by Shantavia (new) - added it

Shantavia | 1171 comments Yay looks like we all might be starting around the same time!

Heather | 10189 comments I have 462 pages left of The Night Circus and then I will start it. The Night Circus is fast paced though

GrapedUp (chuurun-ien) | 147 comments Yaaay! See you all soon ;P

GrapedUp (chuurun-ien) | 147 comments I'm ready!!
Prologue: Okay I totally didn't expect this. (view spoiler)
1 & 2: (view spoiler)

GrapedUp (chuurun-ien) | 147 comments 3 & 4: Okay I'm starting to get confused. (view spoiler)

GrapedUp (chuurun-ien) | 147 comments 9: 😂😂😂 (view spoiler)

GrapedUp (chuurun-ien) | 147 comments 10: I like that Breeze was named Breeze. Like subtle, relaxing touch of the wind, it pictured him perfectly.

GrapedUp (chuurun-ien) | 147 comments 11-12: Okay since I first read this book I've been wondering (view spoiler)
13-14: WTF JUST HAPPENED???? (view spoiler)

message 25: by GrapedUp (last edited Jun 13, 2017 03:06AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

GrapedUp (chuurun-ien) | 147 comments 20-23: Why am I not exactly loving this? :(
I feel like I like Vin less and less after all (view spoiler)

message 27: by Shantavia (new) - added it

Shantavia | 1171 comments Chapter 1 & 2: (view spoiler)

message 28: by Shantavia (last edited Jun 14, 2017 08:27PM) (new) - added it

Shantavia | 1171 comments Chapter 5: (view spoiler)

message 29: by Shantavia (last edited Jun 17, 2017 07:07PM) (new) - added it

Shantavia | 1171 comments Chapter 6: (view spoiler)

message 30: by Dani (last edited Jul 12, 2017 02:28AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dani (daniairdina) Churin wrote: "3 & 4: Okay I'm starting to get confused. [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)