Percy Jackson chat discussion

Introduce yourself

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by #1RICKRIORDANFAN (last edited May 22, 2017 08:39AM) (new)

#1RICKRIORDANFAN | 61 comments Mod
we need to find out what you like to know what to write

message 2: by Hecate19 (last edited Jun 26, 2017 12:25PM) (new)

Hecate19 (goodreadscomhecate19) | 2 comments Mod
Hey. despite my profile pic, I am a Girl. I just love Nico diangelo, hes hilarious, but in a creepy way. and I love when they dropped the "He had a crush on percy" bombshell. Hecate is my favorite minor goddess (she should be a major tho) oh, and I love the second magnus chase book. plus, I mean, the whole Will and Nico dating thing was just adorable. my GF loves the kane chronicles most of all, and while I like that series, I prefer magnus chase.

Nico is my fav to although hearthstones pretty close

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

My favorite character has to be between Percy, Annabeth and, Frank

message 5: by Knotty (last edited Jul 06, 2017 12:04PM) (new)

Knotty
Hello, I am Knotty Boi!

My favorite characters would have to be Brick.

Brick is the best demigod.

In all seriousness, my current favorite characters are the Pre-Walt Anubis and Nico. However, I do have a peeve with Anubis, he has a wife and children in mythology... Also I love Hekate.

I have some peeves when it comes to Riordan, like how he used Chaos(He uses the Roman Ovid's version, opposed to the original Orphic version, making HER, not him or it, the goddess of mortal air and mist, daughter of Moira/Ananke and Aeon/Chronos, and is not the first thing in existence!), the Soulmate myth excluding the lesbian and gay soulmates originally mentioned in The Symposium(Nico laments that the myth does not mention gays having soulmates, when, in fact, it does), his misuse of the Norse runes(Freyr's rune is Ing, not Fehu!), and Pandora's story(the evils were lesser gods/personifications/daemons, like Thanatos being death). Also the Christian God, at first he didn't exist(or something that shouldn't be dwelled on or something?), then Moses was a Egyptian mage(although on the wiki, it mentions the Christian God being more powerful than the Egyptians) and Jesus not showing up for his arm wrestling match with Thor. Rather not have the reveal that there is a monotheistic deity more powerful than the pagan ones as it would ruin the series for me.

message 6: by #1RICKRIORDANFAN (last edited Jul 06, 2017 12:00PM) (new)

lol what godly parentage does he have

message 7: by Knotty (new)

Knotty
He's the brick the Romans threw at Jason's head.

oh hahaha I remember

message 9: by Knotty (new)

Knotty #1RICKRIORDANFAN wrote: "oh hahaha I remember"

In my Riordan groups, I'm going out of my way to fix the inaccuracies I listed above.

message 10: by #1RICKRIORDANFAN (new)

Well done

message 11: by Knotty (new)

Knotty
(Currently on the mobile app)

Thanks. Those groups are the main reason I joined Goodreads, to make a multi-group Riordanverse role play.

message 12: by #1RICKRIORDANFAN (new)

me too

message 13: by #1RICKRIORDANFAN (new)

I'm on Mac but me too

message 14: by Knotty (new)

Knotty
Aaand I'm back on a laptop.

message 15: by #1RICKRIORDANFAN (new)

cool