Romance Writers & Readers discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Flashy Monday Discussions > FLASH THIS by May 28th!

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Annie, The Mistress (new)

Annie Arcane (anniearcane) | 2365 comments Mod
PROMPT: Tomato soup, naturally

1) Click on the above link to make suggestions for next week in the comments and then...

2) Share a link to your own blog post HERE

message 2: by Jane (last edited May 22, 2017 04:37PM) (new)

Jane Blythe Here's mine, still stuck in cute, sweet romance land!

She felt so bad.

Her head pounded, she ached all over, her stomach churned. She had already thrown up several times.

She was cold. So cold. She couldn't stop shivering.

The door opened. The rush of cold air that accompanied it made her shaking intensify. Every quiver aggravated her already sore muscles.

She desperately wanted to sleep, but as horrible as she felt she couldn't seem to shut off her mind enough to fall asleep.

"Here you go."

He held out a tray containing a bowl, a glass of water, and a flower in a vase.

"What is it?" she asked, or croaked might be a more appropriate term for the sound that ripped out of her sore throat.

"Tomato soup, naturally," he replied.

She couldn't help but smile at that. "My favourite."

"Of course," her husband grinned at her. "I made it from scratch."

She raised a brow. Her husband was not a great cook.

"I followed your recipe to the letter," he laughed.

"Thank you," she smiled at him, sometimes he was so thoughtful.

"You're welcome. Anything to help my girl feel better. Eat some dinner then you should get some sleep."

"Stay with me?"

"I wouldn't dream of being anyplace else."

He fussed about her, fluffing up pillows behind her, helping her prop herself up on them, rearranging the blankets around her, balancing the tray carefully on her lap, dimming the light so she could see but so it wasn't too bright. Then he sat on the bed beside her and wrapped an arm around her shoulders.

She felt better already.

message 3: by Annie, The Mistress (new)

Dear Princess Jane,

I'm glad to see you've infiltrated the light side. Please bring back all the dirt (not that they have any haha) you find on those buggers.

Sincerely,
Ann

Translation: You legit do sweet like a boss! I am both impressed and fearful ^_~

message 4: by Jane (new)

Jane Blythe Annie wrote: "Dear Princess Jane,

I'm glad to see you've infiltrated the light side. Please bring back all the dirt (not that they have any haha) you find on those buggers.

Sincerely,
Ann

Translation: You leg..."

Thanks, Mistress Ann, that means a lot to me because I'm working on my non dark writing! I don't know how long I can hover in sweet land though before I'll be back on the dark side!

message 5: by Annie, The Mistress (new)

Just kill off a few secondary characters and sweep em under the rug. Might feel better...

Tee hee.

message 6: by Jane (new)

Jane Blythe Annie wrote: "Just kill off a few secondary characters and sweep em under the rug. Might feel better...

Tee hee."

Or main characters, thats always fun too!

message 7: by Annie, The Mistress (new)

Jane wrote: "Or main characters, thats always fun too!"

Welcome back ^_~

message 8: by Mary Ellen (new)

Mary Ellen Woods (maryellen_woods) | 163 comments Geeze, I go off on a beach vacation and come back to Jane on the light side....what the heck happened? Naw Good stuff Jane.

message 9: by Jane (new)

Jane Blythe Mary Ellen wrote: "Geeze, I go off on a beach vacation and come back to Jane on the light side....what the heck happened? Naw Good stuff Jane."

Hahaha, thought I would work on my sweet and cutesy writing skills! And thank you!

message 10: by Annie, The Mistress (new)

Mary Ellen wrote: "Geeze, I go off on a beach vacation and come back to Jane on the light side....what the heck happened? Naw Good stuff Jane."

We missed you so much that the lovely Princess kinda went off the rails ^_~

message 11: by Mary Ellen (new)

Mary Ellen Woods (maryellen_woods) | 163 comments Annie wrote: "Mary Ellen wrote: "Geeze, I go off on a beach vacation and come back to Jane on the light side....what the heck happened? Naw Good stuff Jane."

We missed you so much that the lovely Princess kinda..."

HaHa! I doubt that I could be missed that much...

message 12: by Annie, The Mistress (new)

Well, you made Princess J go to her happy place sooo...

^_~

message 13: by Tiara (last edited May 26, 2017 09:28PM) (new)

Tiara Giles (tiaragiles) | 77 comments Holy crap Princess Jane went into the light while I was away dying in the land of college and hibernation? It was so cute though! Loved it!

I was going to write one but ummm....I accidentally wrote the wrong thing for the wrong week....I'll just start over on Monday. Yay!

message 14: by Jane (new)

Jane Blythe Tiara wrote: "Holy crap Princess Jane went into the light while I was away dying in the land of college and hibernation? It was so cute though! Loved it!

I was going to write one but ummm....I accidentally wro..."

Haha, I thought I would visit the light for a while! And thank you!

message 15: by Annie, The Mistress (new)

Tiara wrote: "I accidentally wrote the wrong thing for the wrong week"

Haha I've chosen a prompt from the wrong week before (Princess J witnessed this haha) and then jammed another correct-week prompt in there at random. Anyhoo, I still wanna read it ^_~

message 16: by Tiara (new)

Tiara Giles (tiaragiles) | 77 comments Annie wrote: "Tiara wrote: "I accidentally wrote the wrong thing for the wrong week"

Haha I've chosen a prompt from the wrong week before (Princess J witnessed this haha) and then jammed another correct-week pr..."

Haha! I shall post it when I get to my laptop then

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.