Romance Audiobooks discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > Whispersync Deals - Audio & Kindle combined deals III

Comments Showing 1-50 of 190 (190 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

Lea's Audiobooks Hensley (leahensleysaudiobooks) We're starting a new thread and closing the old one. We'll try to start a new one every 150 posts - or so.

Thanks for bringing to my attention!

message 2: by Sue (last edited Jun 13, 2014 03:54AM) (new)

Sue | 1116 comments Thanks Lea! As posted in the previous thread, Rock Chick series is for the most part whispersync deals... 3.99 for the books/1.99 for the audio. BUT I had one exception Rock Chick Revolution, it didn't offer the whispersync deal (I think book 6-7). Bought the book hoping at some point the deal will be offered. This series reminds me of Stephanie Plum especially the earlier books.

message 3: by Angie (new)

Angie (angiemb) | 415 comments On all of the books that I either borrowed from the library or otherwise for the whispersync deals, the special price for the audiobook has disappeared. I guess they finally "fixed" that problem. There were a bunch I was still debating on getting. Oh well.

message 4: by ReadKnitHoard (new)

ReadKnitHoard | 89 comments Angie wrote: "On all of the books that I either borrowed from the library or otherwise for the whispersync deals, the special price for the audiobook has disappeared. I guess they finally "fixed" that problem. ..."

It's probably the new update to the kindle app.

message 5: by JaneA (new)

JaneA | 485 comments Angie wrote: "On all of the books that I either borrowed from the library or otherwise for the whispersync deals, the special price for the audiobook has disappeared. I guess they finally "fixed" that problem. ..."

I think I'm going to drape my computer in black crepe and go into mourning...

message 6: by D.G. (last edited Jun 13, 2014 05:35PM) (new)

D.G. | 1329 comments Angie wrote: "On all of the books that I either borrowed from the library or otherwise for the whispersync deals, the special price for the audiobook has disappeared. I guess they finally "fixed" that problem. ..."

Oh they fixed the programming! Well, it was good while it lasted.

Lucky me, I bought like 5 books early this week that way.

message 7: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Golden | 453 comments Thanks, Lea, for the new thread.

Here are a couple of WS deals I received in the Kindle Romance Newsletter. The ebooks are $3.99. One audiobook is 99 cents and the second one is $1.99.

One of Sherrilyn Kenyon's book: Born of Night is on sale for $2.99 and the audiobook is $3.99.

This next book, Watch Over me, is part of the Kindle Daily Deal. 99 cents for the e-book and 99 cents for the audio.

message 8: by cocoa (new)

cocoa (cocoakitten) | 92 comments The Spell by Heather Killough-Walden is free with $2.99 w/s.

The Spell (The Big Bad Wolf, #3) by Heather Killough-Walden

message 9: by ReadKnitHoard (last edited Jun 17, 2014 02:30PM) (new)

ReadKnitHoard | 89 comments It's a pre-order (and as such, not *yet* a w/s deal), but Nora Roberts' Blood Magick is $2.99 on Kindle.

message 10: by ReadKnitHoard (new)

ReadKnitHoard | 89 comments Another pre-order that will eventually turn into a w/s deal: J.D. Robb's Festive in Death is less than $6 on Kindle.

message 11: by ReadKnitHoard (last edited Jun 18, 2014 09:38AM) (new)

ReadKnitHoard | 89 comments Immediate Kindle deal: freebie of Fledgling by Sharon Lee & Steve Miller with $2 or so for w/s.

(I'm halfway through listening and find I can't put the book down, must continue the story on Kindle. Unless the story goes really wrong at the end, I highly recommend it!)(ETA: Finished listening/reading and I totally recommend it. It's fun!)

message 12: by Moriah (new)

Moriah | 497 comments Amazon has the first 3 books in the Lady Julia Grey series by Deanna Raybourn for $1.99. 2 of them are whisper sync'd with the audio for $1.99 or $2.99. I have listened to all 3 and enjoyed the series. They are heavy on the mystery part but follow the development of Lady Julia Grey's romance with Nicholas Brisbane. I also love all of Julia's relatives.

message 13: by Hilary (new)

Hilary (bookboss) D.G. wrote: "Angie wrote: "On all of the books that I either borrowed from the library or otherwise for the whispersync deals, the special price for the audiobook has disappeared. I guess they finally "fixed" ..."

Boo :( I just realized they did this too! So bummed because I was waiting to buy the audio until I was ready... And now it is too late.

message 14: by Pauline (new)

Pauline (paulinebairdjones) | 145 comments I haven't listened to Fledgling, but loved the book for sure. Have very much enjoyed the spinoff of the main stories.

ms bookjunkie wrote: "Immediate Kindle deal: freebie of Fledgling by Sharon Lee & Steve Miller with $2 or so for w/s.

(I'm halfway through listening and find I can't put the book down, must continue the story on Kindle..."

message 15: by Moriah (new)

Moriah | 497 comments Ashley Gardner's (you know her better as Jennifer Ashley) The Hanover Square Affair is free at Amazon and $1.99 on audible.

message 16: by Lee (new)

Lee | 484 comments Angie wrote: "On all of the books that I either borrowed from the library or otherwise for the whispersync deals, the special price for the audiobook has disappeared. I guess they finally "fixed" that problem. ..."

Maybe I am misunderstanding the original post but I just borrowed Dark of Night from the library and bought the Audible audiobook for $3.49

message 17: by cocoa (new)

cocoa (cocoakitten) | 92 comments Lee,

I'd borrowed Four Friends about a week ago and was disappointed that its w/s companion wasn't discounted. However, just now after I read your post I checked and it now is!

Maybe it's like the w/s deal that sort of comes & goes? hmmm...

Lee wrote: "Angie wrote: "On all of the books that I either borrowed from the library or otherwise for the whispersync deals, the special price for the audiobook has disappeared. I guess they finally "fixed" ..."

message 18: by D.G. (new)

D.G. | 1329 comments Lee wrote: "Angie wrote: "On all of the books that I either borrowed from the library or otherwise for the whispersync deals, the special price for the audiobook has disappeared. I guess they finally "fixed" ..."

Oh really? Let me try it again (it really wasn't working a few days ago.)

message 19: by D.G. (last edited Jun 20, 2014 05:11AM) (new)

D.G. | 1329 comments Woohoo! It's working again!! Thanks Lee for letting us know! (Now you can take out library books and get the Whispersync discount.)

I wonder what happened...did Audible/Amazon turned it back on on purpose? Or was the solution too costly, troublesome, etc. to maintain for an extended period?

To all the ladies that had books they were planning to buy, I recommend you buy them now in case they change their mind and "fix" it again.

message 20: by Celine (new)

Celine (goodreadscomcdb393) | 56 comments Not all of mine came back but I grabbed the ones that did.

message 21: by Angie (new)

Angie (angiemb) | 415 comments Not a single one of mine have come back. Not ones in my wish list, or ones I've bought already, nothing. I wonder if I'll have to start over, maybe get some that way.

Nichole ~Bookaholic~ (nicholebookaholic) | 225 comments Rock Chick Revolution is now 1.99 if you have the kindle book...

message 23: by cocoa (new)

cocoa (cocoakitten) | 92 comments Just borrowed these two books from my local library and was able to get w/s deal for them.. in case anybody's interested :)

Married By Morning (The Hathaways, #4) by Lisa Kleypas
Worth Any Price (Bow Street Runners, #3) by Lisa Kleypas

message 24: by D.G. (last edited Jun 20, 2014 03:00PM) (new)

D.G. | 1329 comments Angie wrote: "Not a single one of mine have come back. Not ones in my wish list, or ones I've bought already, nothing. I wonder if I'll have to start over, maybe get some that way."

Angie - Well, if you don't have a whispersync deal on books you already bought, then that's a different thing. Whispersync deals come and go.

For library books, you know the loan has to be active, right? Meaning, not expired. The book I took out as a test a few days ago now shows as w/s when it didn't show previously, but books I took out and expired, don't.

message 25: by Angie (last edited Jun 20, 2014 03:27PM) (new)

Angie (angiemb) | 415 comments I just rechecked a book out that I had a w/s deal on previously but hadn't bought yet, and it gave it to me again. I'll make sure and buy it before the loan expires. So I guess they've just made it now where you only have during the loan period to purchase the w/s deal rather than as long as you want. I'm very glad it's back. I just have to make up my mind quicker.

ETA: There are a couple of books that I'm currently borrowing through Lendle that I had deals on, but they have disappeared and are still available for whispersync so I don't know what's happening there. Also, one book that I own in ebook format and that still has whispersync doesn't show the special price for me anymore.

message 26: by D.G. (new)

D.G. | 1329 comments I think the loan always had to be active for it to work. They never worked for me if the loan expired, that's why I always bought the audios right away, because I only take out library books for 7 days.

Those Lendle books...are they still W/S? I know you won't be able to get a new loan via Lendle but maybe somebody else can lend them to you? Which ones are they?

If ebooks you own have w/s but you're not getting the w/s price, I'd contact Audible to see what's the deal.

message 27: by Celine (new)

Celine (goodreadscomcdb393) | 56 comments I just rechecked out one of the books I didn't get the whispersync deal on and it came back. So it looks like if you currently have the book checked out you can take advantage of the whispersync deals.

message 28: by JaneA (new)

JaneA | 485 comments Some of the titles which I have checked out came back with w/s, but one did not. It seems to be a bit random.

message 29: by Moriah (new)

Moriah | 497 comments Jane wrote: "Some of the titles which I have checked out came back with w/s, but one did not. It seems to be a bit random."

I've noticed that too. I was able to get the whisper sync price for My Lord and Spymaster but not The Way to a Duke's Heart and I checked both of them out yesterday.

message 30: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Golden | 453 comments This romance is on sale today for the price of the audio, since the e-book is free. The audio is $1.99 and narrated by Nicky Phillips.

message 31: by Kathy (last edited Jun 23, 2014 06:52PM) (new)

Kathy Golden | 453 comments Here's a Highlander romance (The Highlander Temptation by Eliza Knight, Book 7) narrated by Corrie James. The Whispersync deal is 99cents for the e-book and $3.47 for the audiobook. I think this deal is good until 6/29.

message 32: by ReadKnitHoard (new)

ReadKnitHoard | 89 comments If you've ever wanted to try David Weber's Honor Harrington series, here's your chance. On Basilisk Station (HH1) is free on Kindle, and with $2-ish you can w/s 15 hours of audiobook.

(This is science fiction with great world building and believable conflict and characters, but so far no romantic elements. Also, the narrator is great.)

message 33: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Golden | 453 comments The "She Can" romantic/suspense series is on a sale today. It's four different books. The e-books are $1.99 and the audiobooks are 99 cents. She Can Series

message 34: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Golden | 453 comments ms bookjunkie wrote: "If you've ever wanted to try David Weber's Honor Harrington series, here's your chance. On Basilisk Station (HH1) is free on Kindle, and with $2-ish you can w/s 15 hours of audiobook.

(This is sci..."

Thanks for this info. I picked up this book today.

message 35: by cocoa (new)

cocoa (cocoakitten) | 92 comments The Duchess of Love by Sally MacKenzie is free with $2.99 w/s.

The Duchess of Love (Duchess of Love, #0.5) by Sally MacKenzie

message 36: by Sue (new)

Sue | 1116 comments cocoa wrote: "The Duchess of Love by Sally MacKenzie is free with $2.99 w/s.

The Duchess of Love (Duchess of Love, #0.5) by Sally MacKenzie"

Read it... loved it, it's the pre-series entry that supported "Bedding Lord Ned" that was popular last year.

message 37: by Sue (new)

Sue | 1116 comments Kathy wrote: "The "She Can" romantic/suspense series is on a sale today. It's four different books. The e-books are $1.99 and the audiobooks are 99 cents. She Can Series

Bummer... missed this sale, I liked the first but I did find the scene shift in audio to be hard to follow at times. A visual of a new chapter was needed to keep from having that momentary moment of "I'm lost" away. But even with that said, if you forgive that point, the 1st book was quite good.

"

message 38: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 511 comments Moriah wrote: "Ashley Gardner's (you know her better as Jennifer Ashley) The Hanover Square Affair is free at Amazon and $1.99 on audible."

Thanks so much for this! I just got it using my coupon :0)

message 39: by Kathy (last edited Jun 27, 2014 12:30PM) (new)

Kathy Golden | 453 comments Sue wrote: "Kathy wrote: "The "She Can" romantic/suspense series is on a sale today. It's four different books. The e-books are $1.99 and the audiobooks are 99 cents. She Can Series

Bummer... missed this sale..."

The audiobooks are still the same price, but not the e-books. These books seem to be on sale quite often. I'll let you know if I spot them on special again.

message 40: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Golden | 453 comments This CR is on sale today. The book is $1.99 and the audio is 99 cents.

Beautifully Damaged

message 41: by Alicia (new)

Alicia | 18 comments Kathy wrote: "This CR is on sale today. The book is $1.99 and the audio is 99 cents.

Beautifully Damaged

"

Got it! Thanks Kathy!

message 42: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Golden | 453 comments Alicia wrote: "Kathy wrote: "This CR is on sale today. The book is $1.99 and the audio is 99 cents.

Beautifully Damaged

"

Got it! Thanks Kathy!"

Alicia,
Have you read any books by this author? I thought I'd seen something by her, but I can't remember any particular books.

message 43: by Alicia (new)

Alicia | 18 comments No, I haven't. The description sounded pretty good and the deal was nice so I figured I would give her a try.

message 44: by cocoa (new)

cocoa (cocoakitten) | 92 comments Loretta Chase's Vixen in Velvet has reduced from $6.64 to $4.98 with $3.47 w/s. Price may go down again in the future, but I think this is a good deal nonetheless for new release :-)

Vixen in Velvet (The Dressmakers, #3) by Loretta Chase

(Silk is for Seduction is $3.79 + $3.47 w/s at the moment, and Scandal wears Satin is $2.99 but not w/s.. yet?).

Some from Lisa Kleypas that's priced cheaper with w/s deal:

Scandal in Spring is $3.99 with $2.99 w/s.

Scandal in Spring (Wallflowers, #4) by Lisa Kleypas

Then Came You $3.79 with $3.49 w/s.

Then Came You (Gamblers, #1) by Lisa Kleypas

message 45: by ⚓ Basil ⚓ (new)

⚓ Basil ⚓ Second Harmony is currently a FREE kindle book with $1.99 w/s:

Second Harmony by Barbara Bretton

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007YXUGKU?i...

message 46: by Moriah (new)

Moriah | 497 comments The Lion's Lady is $1.99 for Kindle and whisper sync'd audio is $3.49.

Why Dukes Say I Do is $2.99 for Kindle and whisper sync'd audio is $3.49.

message 47: by Kathy (last edited Jun 30, 2014 02:45PM) (new)

Kathy Golden | 453 comments A couple of romance/suspense stories that are on sale.

Dirty Little Secrets is free and the audiobook is $1.99.

Unforgivable is 99cts/$1.99 for audio.

The Perks of Being a Beauty is $1.99/$1.99 W/S deal. This is a novella.

Monica **can't read fast enough** (wwwgoodreadscomuser_monlat) I'm new to the group so I am not sure if this has already been mentioned before, but Amazon has a Matchmaker feature where it will link books that you have bought from Amazon with discount audio books from Audible. It's a great feature, but a little bit dangerous to the book budget.
Here's the link:
https://www.amazon.com/ap/signin?_enc...

message 49: by ReadKnitHoard (new)

ReadKnitHoard | 89 comments Heads up! Book 2 of the Honor Harrington series, The Honor of the Queen, is free on Kindle with $2(ish) w/s.

(I liked book 1—containing-no-romantic-elements military science fiction that it is—enough to greedily grab this as the info came my way. Great narrator.)(The info for book 1 is upthread.)

message 50: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Golden | 453 comments One W/S deal for today is Through the Smoke by Brenda Novak. $1.99/.99.

« previous 1 3 4
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.