Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Wait for Me (Vacation Sweethearts #3)
This topic is about Wait for Me
Book Issues > My book is attributed to the wrong author

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jan (new) - added it

Jan Thompson (janthompsonauthor) | 107 comments Hello - I have this never-ending problem LOL where every time I publish a new book on Amazon, it's attributed to the wrong author on Goodreads. I understand my name is very common (sigh!) and I so appreciate you all, Goodreads Librarians, for fixing this problem every time I have a new book out. Considering I write and publish frequently, I hope you don't get tired of seeing me post this so many times. So sorry, but here we go again...

WAIT FOR ME (Vacation Sweethearts Book 3) is on preorder now on Amazon with an ASIN. Amazon has auto-upload to Goodreads, but listed the wrong author. I am the author of this book, not any other Jan Thompsons in the world. :-)

Here is my novel:
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

And here is my author page:
https://www.goodreads.com/JanThompson...

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

message 2: by Dragana (new)

Dragana Nadaški (grofica-deedee) | 17 comments Done. Use two spaces when adding books to Your name :)

message 3: by Jan (new) - added it

Jan Thompson (janthompsonauthor) | 107 comments Thank you very much! I did not add the book myself -- Amazon did it for me automatically. It doesn't seem to know I need 2 spaces. What to do? How do we notify them? The other authors with the same name seem to not publish as frequently as I do, so perhaps my name should be the default, not theirs? Thanks again.

message 4: by Jan (new) - added it

Jan Thompson (janthompsonauthor) | 107 comments P.S. Also I forgot to ask... WAIT FOR ME is Book 3 in the Vacation Sweethearts series. Does it automatically get added to the series? Thank you!

message 5: by Abcdarian (last edited May 22, 2017 09:13AM) (new)

Abcdarian | 19392 comments It is very easy for a librarian to move the books, so the only bother is for you to watch for them coming in to the other profile. The only way to prevent it is if you add the book first; once the ISBN/ASIN is on Goodreads, it will not be added again.

Edit: Added book to the series.

message 6: by Jan (new) - added it

Jan Thompson (janthompsonauthor) | 107 comments Thank you very much!!! I try to be ahead of Amazon, but they seem to move pretty fast. I will try to get the ASIN on GR ASAP next time. #mustmovefaster

message 7: by Abcdarian (new)

Abcdarian | 19392 comments :-) Good luck!