2021 Reading Challenge discussion

The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants (Sisterhood, #1)
ARCHIVE 2017 > The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants: Chapter 13-18

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Winter, Group Reads (new)

Winter (winter9) | 4535 comments This is the discussion thread for The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants by Ann Brashares Chapter 13-18

Brianna (bebecburt) | 375 comments Now that things happened with Eric I think Bridget may mellow out some and be a tad less obsessive. I still don't quite understand why her coach keeps trying to slow her down and put her in positions she doesn't normally play and then get irritated when she's successful at them...

"I think, therefore I do"

I'm curious to know what's going on with Tibby. I feel like it's been a bit since hearing from her.

I'm glad Carmen is starting to realize she may have acted poorly (not that she didn't have a valid reason to be upset).

Lena's starting to realize the errors of her ways so she may be trying to mend fences soon as well.

Eirelyn (ladyeirelyn) | 1154 comments The Pants don't seem to be the magical duds the girls thought they would be! :(

I hope Bridget calms down as well, now that things have happened with Eric. But it seems she's pretty upset about the whole thing, like it wasn't really what she was expecting. I feel badly for her in that respect. :(

I'm glad Lena finally admitted the truth to her grandmother. And it was nice to see that she (and Lena's Bapi) were intuitive enough to realize that Kostos hadn't done anything bad at all.

Carmen definitely acted poorly, throwing the rock through the window. But she certainly has cause to be as upset as she is. That fitting was horribly embarrassing -- I couldn't believe the comments that seamstress woman was making. And it's not like Lydia or Krista were about to defend Carmen. How terribly humiliating for Carmen -- I felt so badly for her after that. And then she admitted how bad her day was...and...no one cared. She was definitely justified in feeling so badly after that (and going back home). I don't even judge her for throwing the rock through the window (although it wasn't necessarily the greatest move, lol).

I didn't feel like there was a whole lot going on with Tibby in this section either. I do enjoy the continuing bond between her and Bailey, however. And it was so adorable when she let Bailey wear The Pants for the interview. :D