2021 Reading Challenge discussion

The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants (Sisterhood, #1)
ARCHIVE 2017 > The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants: Chapter 7-12

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Winter, Group Reads (new)

Winter (winter9) | 4523 comments This is the discussion thread for The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants by Ann Brashares Chapter 7-12

message 2: by D.L. (last edited Jun 07, 2017 02:19PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

D.L. | 641 comments Bailey has quickly become my favorite character in the whole story. She is so funny and I love how she's latched onto Tibby the way she has, only wanting to talk about her leukemia when it suits her. She keeps a stiff upper lip as the saying goes when if I had a fatal illness, I would be a huge mess. all.the.time! I really think she's the highlight of the book.

Ugh Lena. I wish she would just tell the truth about what happened with Kostos already. Yeah, he was doing a little peeping I guess and that's NOT cool but he didn't do what everyone thinks he did and they're all mad at each other. Her grandfather's blood even got on the precious traveling pants. Jeez.

I like this book and plan to read book #2 (already reserved at my library) but it's not a favorite I don't think. I don't know whether to laugh or be offended when Carm calls Paul's girlfriend Skeletor.

Oh and I commented in another post that Tibby was a snot. I understand her now and she's the most relateable of the 4 main girls. Bee just drives me nuts though I remember well having an obsession with boys at that age and needing to prove myself lol

Eirelyn (ladyeirelyn) | 1152 comments Daph wrote: "Bailey has quickly become my favorite character in the whole story. She is so funny and I love how she's latched onto Tibby the way she has, only wanting to talk about her leukemia when it suits he..."

I really like Bailey too. XD What a strong girl! I love how she doesn't let Tibby, or anyone, get away with anything. lol She's a lot like Tibby in that respect, but Tibby is so taken aback that someone else is like her (and someone so young) that she doesn't know how to take Bailey. It's really kind of sweet -- like sisters who fight but who really care about each other. And they've only known each other a very short time!

I hate when misunderstandings like that could be rectified so easily...but they're not. =\ If I were Lena when she had followed her Bapi to Kostos's grandparents' home, I would've been trying to shout above all of them that it was all a misunderstanding. I know she was just shocked that everything happened the way it did, but come on, girl, you can't let everyone go on thinking that Kostos is such a horrible guy when, really, he didn't do much of anything at all. He *might* have been peeping... or he might have just seen her & followed (bc he likes her & wanted to chat) & then came across her skinny-dipping & was a bit surprised. And she just happened to catch him at the worst moment. XD Either way, it needs to get sorted out!

lol Carm calling Paul's girlfriend Skeletor is such a sassy teenager move. I sometimes want to yell at these characters, in general, to stop behaving the way they do (mostly Bridget when she's throwing herself at the coach, omg), but then I remind myself that they are 15-years-old! Not all teenagers their age are like this (I certainly wasn't), but a lot are as well. And this isn't a book about being responsible or mature; it's about teenagers being teenagers & trying to deal with life's seriousness at a time when they are just becoming equipped to do so & unsure how to do it seamlessly. So a bit of immaturity in this book doesn't bother me at all.

Brianna (bebecburt) | 375 comments Bailey is definitely a highlight for me as well. I love her sass. Her and Tibby pair well together - they just vibe off each other's energies!

Lena is kind of on my nerves - she just needs to own up to the truth!

Bridget is a little TOO gaga over Eric. It's a bit annoying to be honest.

I feel for Carmen. I can only imagine going to spend the summer with her father, only to find out he has this whole new life that she didn't even know about.

Eirelyn (ladyeirelyn) | 1152 comments Brianna wrote: "Bailey is definitely a highlight for me as well. I love her sass. Her and Tibby pair well together - they just vibe off each other's energies!

Lena is kind of on my nerves - she just needs to own ..."

Bridget is kind of irritating, I agree. She's my least favorite character so far. I haven't been able to relate to her at all. I mean, I knew plenty of people who were boy crazy in school, but they had enough sense not to completely throw themselves at the guy they had a crush on. She's just so over the top that it makes me roll my eyes when I read her scenes.