Beta Reader Group discussion

Critique Partners and Swaps > 75,000+ YA Thriller!

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mia (new)

Mia | 8 comments Hi!

I love beta reading, and I have a few years of experience under my belt. I just finished a novel of my own (75,000 word YA thriller) and I am interested in doing a swap. Please PM me or comment if you're interested, and leave a short synopsis of your story! Thanks!

message 2: by Eric (new)

Eric Balson | 36 comments Hey, I'm interested in being your CP. Here is the query for my story:
Until she got sexually assaulted by her uncle, nineteen-year-old Riley had it all figured out: she was lead singer of her band, dating the perfect girl, and was one of the brains behind her university’s experimental memory-erasing device.
After the trauma from her rape causes her to tank her relationship, Riley seeks a fresh start. She leaves college and takes up a tutoring position at a music class. There, she is assigned to eighteen-year-old Luke, a music savant plagued with composer’s block after his mom’s death.
As Riley aids Luke in reigniting his creative spark, the two form a romance. But when Luke betrays her, Riley is faced with a choice: either she copes with the scars from being hurt again by someone close to her, or uses the device to wipe her mind clean of all painful memories. Doing so could mean Riley losing her identity.
THE SUM OF WHO WE ARE is a 64,000-word young adult novel, with light science fiction elements, told in Riley and Luke’s alternating perspectives. It will appeal to fans of Adam Silvera’s MORE HAPPY THAN NOT.

message 3: by Mia (last edited May 28, 2017 10:26PM) (new)

Mia | 8 comments Arkinsbow wrote: "Hi. What are you specifically looking for in a CP feedback? A critique letter on big picture issues and/or line edits? Do you want the feedback within a certain amount of time?"

I'm definitely looking for big picture issues rather than line edits, and no, the amount of time it takes is not important to me!