YA Book Bloggers discussion

The Genre Buddies Group > Fairytale Retellings

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mandy (new)

Mandy (bookprincessreviewsblog) | 36 comments Mod
I may or may not have pushed hard for this this one. *looks around innocently*

Do you love Disney Princesses? Do you love anything that has to do with old school fairytales and folk tales that you heard as a kid? Do you long to see your favorite fairytales again in a YA format?

Then you will have forever heart eyes with this genre that has been going strong for a while now in YA. AND I AM SO WITH YOU (along with QUITE a few people in this group).

So please, let's talk here about your favorite fairytale retellings, some of your recent fairytale retellings reads, your recommendations for those starting out or just looking for an epic one, one you want to start a buddy read with, and so much more!

(Also your favorite Disney princess and fairytales!!)

message 2: by Rendz (new)

Rendz (rwrendz) | 3 comments Well I know of this super low radar series called The Lunar Chronicles. It is sooo under hyped and I would love to gush with any and all who have read it! But then again it is such sooooo unknown! *wink wink*

LUNARTICS UNITE!

message 3: by julianna ➹ (new)

julianna ➹ (juliannnnna) Rendz wrote: "Well I know of this super low radar series called The Lunar Chronicles. It is sooo under hyped and I would love to gush with any and all who have read it! But then again it is such sooooo unknown! ..."

OMG wow I FINALLY found someone else who loves the series!! I mean, fans are so hard to find, after all!

message 4: by Rendz (new)

Rendz (rwrendz) | 3 comments Julianna wrote: "Rendz wrote: "Well I know of this super low radar series called The Lunar Chronicles. It is sooo under hyped and I would love to gush with any and all who have read it! But then again it is such so..."

I can hardly ever come by one! Yet here you are! Lucky us :)

message 5: by Mandy (new)

Mandy (bookprincessreviewsblog) | 36 comments Mod
Rendz wrote: "Well I know of this super low radar series called The Lunar Chronicles. It is sooo under hyped and I would love to gush with any and all who have read it! But then again it is such sooooo unknown! ..."
Ahahahahaah. That was amazing. But seriously. So much amazingness. Perfect way to start off this discussion, though.

message 6: by Cassi (new)

Cassi D | 3 comments You know the part in the back of the book where the librarians stamp it so you know when to bring it back? Only seven people have checked that series out in the two years that its books have been in our library. I was so shocked when I saw that. The series is so good!

message 7: by Lyndsey (new)

Lyndsey (lyndleloo) | 15 comments OK I'm ashamed to say I haven't read the Lunar Chronicles yet, but I'm taking part in the Cinder buddy read next month!!! I adore fairytale retellings, except I'm reading The Shadow Queen atm and really struggling to get into it - anyone else feel that way with this one?

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Rendz wrote: "Well I know of this super low radar series called The Lunar Chronicles. It is sooo under hyped and I would love to gush with any and all who have read it! But then again it is such sooooo unknown! ..."

Yes! I love The Lunar Chronicles!

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

C.J. Redwine writes amazing fairy tale retellings! They're all standalones, but are in the same world so they crossover sometimes (which I love!)

The first one is The Shadow Queen, which I thought was okay, but the second and third are The Wish Granter and The Traitor Prince and I absolutely love those!