YA Book Bloggers discussion

The Genre Buddies Group > Contemporary

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mandy (new)

Mandy (bookprincessreviewsblog) | 36 comments Mod
Are you a fan of the cheese? The tropes? The amazing adorable goodness?

Or maybe you're a fan of realness? Dark, realistic reads that show you the goodness and darkness of humankind? High school settings, real life topics that hit you hard, and more?

Either or, contemporary is a genre that may not take you to a faraway, imaginary land, but it can take you to a whole new world. Whether or not you're taking a new look at contemporary events or losing yourself in an adorable ship/romance, this is the discussion for you!

Let's talk here about your favorite contemporary reads, some of your recent contemporary reads, your recommendations for those starting out or just looking for an epic one, one you want to start a buddy read with, and so much more!

message 2: by JJ (new)

JJ (thereviewlibrarian) | 8 comments My fav contemporary reads of late are Paper Covers Rock and And We Stay. Both are by Jenny Hubbard. Both left me in a trance.
Www.thereviewlibrarian.weebly.com

message 3: by Lydia (new)

Lydia (ps_i_still_read_you) | 7 comments My favorite contemporary reads are the books from the To All The Boys I've Loved Before series ("To All The Boys I've Loved Before", "P.S. I Still Love You", and "Always and Forever, Lara Jean") by Jenny Han. These books are so cute and relatable and they taught me a lot about love and relationships (familial, platonic, and romantic).

message 4: by Eva (new)

Eva (brilliantlybookish) Lydia wrote: "My favorite contemporary reads are the books from the To All The Boys I've Loved Before series ("To All The Boys I've Loved Before", "P.S. I Still Love You", and "Always and Forever, Lara Jean") by..."

The family relations in these books are awesome!

message 5: by Mandy (new)

Mandy (bookprincessreviewsblog) | 36 comments Mod
Lydia wrote: "My favorite contemporary reads are the books from the To All The Boys I've Loved Before series ("To All The Boys I've Loved Before", "P.S. I Still Love You", and "Always and Forever, Lara Jean") by..."

I've yet to dive into this series, but you totally sold me on them in that short paragraph. Love all types of relationships, and family dynamics are highly ever included. :D