SIA Showcase for Readers and Writers discussion

Member showcase N through T > Patricia Panahi - Veil of Walls - Now on Kindle Select

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Patricia (new)

Patricia Panahi (patricia66) | 3 comments Aloha everyone! I am a retired university faculty and new author from Hawaii. But when I was nine years old, we moved from the east coast to Iran where I lived for 16 years. With all the misconceptions about this country, I chose to write a novel that gives a more realistic view of the country and culture. Veil of Walls was recently published by Black Rose Writng.

Anahita Sadeghi, a typical, happy-go-lucky American ten-year-old, was not too keen on traveling to the other side of the world to meet her father’s family. But her month-long vacation turns into a nightmare when her Persian relatives refuse to let her return to the States.

She is forced to deal with the dizzying maze of social customs, resist her grandmother’s efforts to mold her into the proper Persian girl, dodge her aunt’s schemes of marriage, and fight to make her own life choices until she can find a way to return home. Longing for her friends and her freedom, only the enigma of her missing aunt, Scheherazade, gives Ana a glimmer of hope of one day escaping Iran for good.

Will Ana’s family marry her off and forever bind her to this country, or will she break free of Iran’s walls and find her way back to America?

Veil of Walls

message 2: by Christina (new)

Christina McMullen (cmcmullen) | 1090 comments Hi Patraicia, welcome to the showcase!

message 3: by Patricia (new)

Patricia Panahi (patricia66) | 3 comments Christina wrote: "Hi Patraicia, welcome to the showcase!"

Thank you! Happy to be here. Just noticed I spelled my name wrong, though - Patricia

message 4: by G.G., Genre Buster Extraordinaire (new)

G.G. (ggatcheson) | 571 comments Mod
Slippery fingers huh? I fixed it. Although you could have edited it yourself without problems. In fact you can edit the name of your thread and change it as often as you want as long as your name stays first.
Oh and of course, welcome aboard, Patricia!

message 5: by Christina (new)

Christina McMullen (cmcmullen) | 1090 comments Patricia wrote: "Christina wrote: "Hi Patraicia, welcome to the showcase!"

Thank you! Happy to be here. Just noticed I spelled my name wrong, though - Patricia"

Ha! I assumed your parents were going for unique! ;-)

SIA Showcase for Readers and Writers

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Veil of Walls (other topics)