Maryse's Book Blog WolfPack/Bridesmaids Meeting Place discussion

End of Day (Jack & Jill, #1)
This topic is about End of Day
2017- Buddy Reads > End of Day by Jewel Ann BR--Starts Wed, 5/24 *Spoilers*

Comments Showing 1-50 of 110 (110 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Nay (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments Starts Wed, 5/24!

I'm in--who else is in?

Leslie | 2430 comments I'm in baby!!!

Lisa Aiello (lisaaiello) | 2458 comments Meeeeeeeeeeee!!! Best go make sure I own it and buy it if I don't

Paula White | 795 comments I'm in!!

message 5: by Nay (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments Yay, Paula!!

Lisa Aiello (lisaaiello) | 2458 comments I just went ahead and got the 3 book series, so I think I'll probably go on to Book 2 and then 3...assuming I lurve it :) I'm so excited!!!

message 7: by Ela (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ela | 4279 comments I shall be reliving this series through you my friends!

message 8: by Ela (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ela | 4279 comments Lisa wrote: "I just went ahead and got the 3 book series, so I think I'll probably go on to Book 2 and then 3...assuming I lurve it :) I'm so excited!!!"

That's a good idea because you most likely WILL...

message 9: by Nay (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments I have the 3-book series too--got it with KU.

message 10: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Aiello (lisaaiello) | 2458 comments You're such good Buddy Read buddies, guys!! I love you all to pieces!!

message 11: by Nay (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments Ditto, Lisa! 😍

Leslie | 2430 comments We love u Lisa!!!

message 13: by Ela (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ela | 4279 comments You must want something Lisa! What is it? *side eyes Lisa accusingly*

message 14: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Aiello (lisaaiello) | 2458 comments I was trying to have a tender and loving moment. I am over it now though....phew!!!! I almost hurt myself.

message 15: by Jean (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jean | 1657 comments I'm starting this one tonight!

message 16: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Aiello (lisaaiello) | 2458 comments I am so happy more are joining in....I probably won't start until tomorrow (unless I get done with my other book quickly). Can't wait to get started though!! It sounds uhhhhhmazing!!

message 17: by Jean (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jean | 1657 comments My expectations are high and usually when that happens, I am disappointed......just sayin'

message 18: by Ela (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ela | 4279 comments Lisa wrote: "I was trying to have a tender and loving moment. I am over it now though....phew!!!! I almost hurt myself."

I KNEW IT!

Paula White | 795 comments Downloaded and ready to go once I have finished my current read. Good to see the series is on KU as if it is like Consequences I will have to read the rest!!

Leslie | 2430 comments Paula, if I like it, I am moving on to rest of series ASAP.

message 21: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Aiello (lisaaiello) | 2458 comments I am diving in now...woot woot

Paula White | 795 comments Starting now! Have 20 mins before the train gets to London. I've downloaded the others too as expect I will need to read!

Leslie | 2430 comments I will be starting today. I hope we all love it.

message 24: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Aiello (lisaaiello) | 2458 comments I'm only 3% in (of the 3 book series that is), and I am in lurve with Jackson and Jillian. The are so damn funny/sarcastic...and she is a kickass girl!!!

message 25: by Ela (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ela | 4279 comments “That’s a fifteen-hundred dollar bedspread. Do you know what that means?”

Jessica held up a finger as she finished chewing, a sparkle of excitement in her eyes. “Oh, yes, I know this one. It means that you’re an idiot for paying that much money for a semen towel.”
― Jewel E. Ann, End of Day

message 26: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Aiello (lisaaiello) | 2458 comments Ela wrote: "“That’s a fifteen-hundred dollar bedspread. Do you know what that means?”

Jessica held up a finger as she finished chewing, a sparkle of excitement in her eyes. “Oh, yes, I know this one. It mean..."

Yeah...that's the stuff I'm talking about. I can't believe I've not read this author before. It is amazing stuff!!!

message 27: by Ela (last edited May 24, 2017 07:16AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ela | 4279 comments Then hopefully you'll like just as much as I did these 2 books I read by her Undeniably You and Only Trick Undeniably You by Jewel E. Ann Only Trick by Jewel E. Ann

Leslie | 2430 comments Wow! I have only read first chapter but it seems intense. Not sure how much reading time I have today, but will read more tonight.

message 29: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Aiello (lisaaiello) | 2458 comments It is hysterically funny in a very warped way...something definitely ain't right in these two peoples' brains. I love them already!

message 30: by Jean (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jean | 1657 comments I am loving it too you guys! These two are hysterical!

Paula White | 795 comments Liking it so far! Nearly home time so will get time to read soon - hurrah!!

message 32: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Aiello (lisaaiello) | 2458 comments I am in love with Luke...and so intrigued by AJ's mysteriousness. And Jillian is just so over the top. I wanna be badass like her when I grow up - minus some of the psychologically damaging baggage of course!

message 33: by Jean (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jean | 1657 comments You are in love with Luke? How far are you Lisa? I'm only at 11%.

message 34: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Aiello (lisaaiello) | 2458 comments I'm at 10%, but of the 3 book boxset, so I don't know where that equates in just book 1 and my stupid Kindle thing won't tell me page numbers, but it's toward the end of Chapter 12. She's (view spoiler)

message 35: by Nay (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments OK, I'm confused. I thought this book was a dark romantic suspense, and at 17% all I'm reading is sarcastic snark. Is the entire book like this??

message 36: by Jean (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jean | 1657 comments Lisa, I'm only at Chapter 6 (11%) of book 1 if that helps you. I won't get to read much until later tonight though.

message 37: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Aiello (lisaaiello) | 2458 comments Nooooooooooooo Renee...I just got to a part where it is starting to explain some of why she is as twisted as she is and her ties to Luke. I am fascinated by it all - and her dynamic with AJ has me captivated. Yeah, there is snark...but there is such underlying darkness (at least to me) as to why she (view spoiler)

message 38: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Aiello (lisaaiello) | 2458 comments Jean wrote: "Lisa, I'm only at Chapter 6 (11%) of book 1 if that helps you. I won't get to read much until later tonight though."

Then don't read my spoiler, LOL

message 39: by Nay (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments But I can't stand her snark! I don't find it cute or charming or sexy AT ALL. So I don't know if I can continue because I don't see why any man would want to be with her because she's so damn annoying!

message 40: by Nay (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments I'm at chapter 9. I'll give it until chapter 13 and see if I can tolerate her any better.

message 41: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Aiello (lisaaiello) | 2458 comments Ohhhh - she doesn't change much, if at all, Nay. I find her badass and appreciate her "attitude"...mostly because I understand it comes from a much darker place. But, if it ain't your cuppa, then it would be like trying to get me to love what's her bucket from Thoughtless LOL. I still love you - even if I don't know you anymore or understand who this Nay is ;) I will still smooch your face!!!!

message 42: by Nay (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments OK, so after I read the blind date part, I'm better with her...sort of. I'm going to try to stick with it.

message 43: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Aiello (lisaaiello) | 2458 comments Just a teaser - I belly laughed out loud hard at this, cuz by God, it's funny

Cage: Oh man. My dad's going to crap his pants.
Jillian: Why? Did he have undercooked chicken for dinner last night?

The stuff that flies out of her mouth - I only WISH I were that funny (even though in my mind I am)!!!

message 44: by Jean (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jean | 1657 comments Hahaha Lisa! Yes, she definitely has a way with words! She makes me laugh, even with her snarkiness!

message 45: by Nay (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments I guess I'm just so shocked that this is completely different from what I thought it was. I thought it was a creepy, scary, dark but sexy suspenseful romance, and I'm getting none of that! I've had to adjust my entire mindset! lol But I'm getting there...

message 46: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lisa Aiello (lisaaiello) | 2458 comments Chapter Sixteen and the adventure of the (view spoiler) I am busting a freaking gut. This book has like everything - it's hysterically funny, sexy schmexy, but still a bit dark due to their various demons that I've yet to learn all about.

And now I'm going home, shoving dinner at my husband and then trying to ignore him while he insists on talking to me while he can SEE I'M FREAKING TRYING TO READ and then get huffy when I'm not paying attention to him. I love my life to little bits and pieces...I really truly do!!!

message 47: by Ela (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ela | 4279 comments OMG LISA!!!!!!!!!!! I DO THE SAME THING AND WHILE I'M DOING IT I'LL GO SO FAR AS TO EVEN LISTEN TO THE BOOK TO DROWN OUT THE NOISE OF MY HUSBAND.

Leslie | 2430 comments I am only on chapter 3.

Paula White | 795 comments Why do men insist on carrying on talking when you are reading? I tell my other half I am not listening and he still carries on!!

message 50: by Nay (last edited May 24, 2017 02:29PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments Hah! I get to read undisturbed tonight because I had the equivalent of a coat hanger shoved into my jugular yesterday, so it's my day to rest!

And I AM enjoying this more now--thank goodness!!

ETA: And I thought ahead and cooked supper last night while my neck was still numb, so I don't feel too bad for not feeding my guys. We've got plenty of cereal!

« previous 1 3

Maryse's Book Blog WolfPack/Bridesmaids Meeting...

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Undeniably You (other topics)
Only Trick (other topics)