Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > 75,000+ YA Thriller!

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mia (last edited May 21, 2017 02:26PM) (new)

Mia | 8 comments Hi! I'm currently seeking beta readers for my completed 75,000 word YA thriller/suspense novel.

The story features a lot of diversity. The main characters are a seventeen year old African-American girl and her girlfriend, however, their sexuality is not the focus of the story. When I (a black lesbian girl) was growing up, I don't think I read a single book that had a character I could relate to. So, I took matters into my own hands :).

The story centers around a young girl named Shelby, whose family has just moved into a new house. It quickly becomes clear to Shelby that there is something different about this house, particularly in the attic. She and her girlfriend, Marissa, decide to investigate, but in doing so, they end up making some grave mistakes and putting themselves in the hands of a dangerous and scheming woman with an even more dangerous family.

Please let me know if you want more info on the story, or if you're interested in being a beta. I'm also open to trades. Thanks for reading.

message 2: by Eunice (new)

Eunice Hi Mia, I'm interested in being a beta for your story. I just love thrillers.