Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

The Wreath (Kristin Lavransdatter, #1)
This topic is about The Wreath
Book Issues > Truncate titles per GR guidelines

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Halvor (Raknes) (last edited May 21, 2017 12:44PM) (new) - added it

Halvor (Raknes) | 4772 comments Rather than listing all the affected editions I will simply provide the links to all editions.

https://www.goodreads.com/work/editio...

I count 26 editions which include the series title in the edition name.

message 2: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (bookwormhannah) | 193 comments This is still an accepted use of titles, but is optional now. I'm confused why it is a problem?

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 6676 comments Hannah wrote: "This is still an accepted use of titles, but is optional now. I'm confused why it is a problem?"

Is it? I think these might not conform as to policy the way I understand it.

Kristin Lavransdatter, I: The Wreath

The Bridal Wreath: Kristin Lavransdatter, Vol.1

message 4: by Krazykiwi (new)

Krazykiwi | 1767 comments Indeed, these titles are not compliant with policy. They should be:

The Wreath (Kristin Lavransdatter, #1)
The Bridal Wreath (Kristin Lavransdatter, #1)

message 5: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (bookwormhannah) | 193 comments Ah, thanks. I didn't notice those two. Long week!

message 6: by Krazykiwi (new)

Krazykiwi | 1767 comments Hannah wrote: "Ah, thanks. I didn't notice those two. Long week!"

Or the other 24 or so in various languages, I guess.

Done now (Except one German edition which apparently doesn't carry any other title than the trilogy name.)

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 6676 comments Krazykiwi wrote: "Done now"

Thank you. I understand the policy, for the most part, but don't work with series enough to get into the weeds as this would have required.

message 8: by Krazykiwi (new)

Krazykiwi | 1767 comments The rest of Undset's books are just as bad, I'm working on them but they'll certainly take a while.

Doesn't help that they've all been translated multiple times, with quite different titles (I count four different translations of the title in English alone, and there's at least three in German too.)