Maryse's Book Blog WolfPack/Bridesmaids Meeting Place discussion

2017- Monthly Challenges > Bev's 2017 TBR Challenge June

Comments Showing 1-50 of 77 (77 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Fabi (last edited May 21, 2017 12:33PM) (new)

Fabi | 872 comments Bev for June - I need my girl by The National: https://www.google.com/search?q=the+n... use this song, lyrics, video etc to inspire your book choice

message 2: by Tessa (new)

Tessa | 1761 comments Oblivion by Jennifer L Armentrout. I have yet to read his POV and those lyrics seem to fit Daemon (eventually).

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah, I need to pick a book for this, lol.

I still need to read my May book. Probably this next weekend coming up.

message 4: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Aiello (lisaaiello) | 2458 comments I wasn't very creative - I just went with a "Rock Star" book and chose A Stone In The Sea by AL Jackson.

message 5: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 2430 comments Hey Lisa, that's my pick too. Maybe we can read it together. 😊

No creativity necessary...I think Bev's objective when she created challenge was a way for us to lighten our TBR piles. Right Bev??

Its been successful...too bad I add new ones faster than I can read old ones.

message 6: by Ela (new)

Ela | 4279 comments Hot Ticket (Sinners on Tour #3) by Olivia Cunning Hot Ticket (Sinners on Tour, #3) by Olivia Cunning

message 7: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Aiello (lisaaiello) | 2458 comments Leslie wrote: "Hey Lisa, that's my pick too. Maybe we can read it together. 😊

No creativity necessary...I think Bev's objective when she created challenge was a way for us to lighten our TBR piles. Right Bev??

..."

Well aren't we the smart ones, Leslie!! And yes, let's read it together once June gets here!!

I'm the same way - with every one book I clear out of my TBR, I add like 8 more!!! But they all sound so damn good!!!!!!!!

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

I have that one too I think. Like Fabi says however it inspires you. It is actually pretty broad.

message 9: by Nay (new)

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments Ela--I'm reading Hot Ticket too! Let me know if you want to BR.

Hot Ticket (Sinners on Tour #3) by Olivia Cunning Hot Ticket (Sinners on Tour, #3) by Olivia Cunning

message 10: by Ela (new)

Ela | 4279 comments Let's do it Honey Bunches of Oats! We can gush and goo over the hawt smut!

message 11: by Nay (new)

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments You got it, dude! 👍

message 12: by Grey (last edited May 26, 2017 03:34PM) (new)

Grey | 2385 comments Mod
I'm in, following the rock star theme, I'm going to read The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1) by Samantha Towle

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

I cant decide. Im going to have to crawl through my tbr.
I have A Stone in The Sea which rock star. Also her Come to me Quietly which seems like it might fit.
Jan said the first Dartmoor book Fearles might fit the song too.
Indecent proposal by Molly Okeefe.
Fighting Silence
Waiting for the one LA Fiore
Rise Karen Booth
Rush

Some of these seem like they may fit...plus ect ect ect

message 14: by Paula (new)

Paula White | 795 comments Grey wrote: "I'm in, following the rock star theme, I'm going to read The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1) by Samantha Towle" Oooh Grey - I loved that one!

message 15: by Leslie (last edited May 27, 2017 06:46PM) (new)

Leslie | 2430 comments Bev, read A Stone in the Sea with me & Lisa. :)

message 16: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Aiello (lisaaiello) | 2458 comments Yes!!!!!!!! Do it Bev. I double dog dare ya 😃

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Book peer pressure. Maybe I will do more than one.

message 18: by Tessa (new)

Tessa | 1761 comments When are you all reading that?

message 19: by Ela (new)

Ela | 4279 comments I could join

message 20: by Nay (last edited May 29, 2017 12:43PM) (new)

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments Ela--when do you want to do Hot Ticket? Any time during the month is fine with me.

I'd like to join in on A Stone in the Sea too! I love A.L Jackson, so I picked it up and started it the day it was released but ended up, not really DNFing it, but putting it aside because it just wasn't doing anything for me. HOWEVER, that was during my big, 18ish-month-long reading slump, so I've kinda attributed it to an 'it's me' kind of thing. Anyway I'd love to try it again!

message 21: by Ela (new)

Ela | 4279 comments We can do Hot Ticket ASAP and depending on the Stone BR group

message 22: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 2430 comments Im cool with starting Stone in the Sea on June 1st but am flexible and willing to do it anytime in June. Whatever works best for majority.

message 23: by Grey (new)

Grey | 2385 comments Mod
I may change my mind and just skipgetting dressed and the pretzels to the buddy read reading

message 24: by Nay (last edited May 30, 2017 06:28AM) (new)

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments Grey--HUH??? lol Was there some autocorrect involved here, or am I just not reading your post the right way???

OK Ela--sounds good!

message 25: by Ela (new)

Ela | 4279 comments Was Grey drunk-posting???

message 26: by Paula (new)

Paula White | 795 comments Stone in the sea and the others were just OK for me - 3* for the first three and DNF the 4th...

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

I think I may join in on the br but not my theme pick. Then 2 off the tbr.

message 28: by Nay (new)

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments Ela--I was wondering the same thing!

Paula---maybe I felt the same as you when reading ASITS. Don't know if I put it down because IT was meh or because *I* was meh, but I'm going to give it another chance because I've loved her other books so much! But if I get the same feelings again, I'll just bow out early.

message 29: by Nay (new)

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments Btw, Ela--I'm SO looking forward to Hot Ticket because I'm ready for some smut! I've been reading way too many fade-to-black books lately!

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Im guessing she had a pretzel craving and half way through getting dressed to go to the store she realized it was too much effort and went back to bed with a book.

message 31: by Ela (new)

Ela | 4279 comments So Renee, let's get on the smut band wagon in case ASITS is a flop at least we go in with awesome nasty dirty thoughts???

message 32: by Ela (new)

Ela | 4279 comments bev wrote: "Im guessing she had a pretzel craving and half way through getting dressed to go to the store she realized it was too much effort and went back to bed with a book."

LMFAO

message 33: by Ela (last edited May 30, 2017 07:28AM) (new)

Ela | 4279 comments Paula wrote: "Stone in the sea and the others were just OK for me - 3* for the first three and DNF the 4th..."

Of course YOU already read them! I need to compare books with you... So is it a series, then?

message 34: by Paula (new)

Paula White | 795 comments Not read the Sinners on Tour books - just looked and I appear to have the box set!

message 35: by Paula (new)

Paula White | 795 comments Ela wrote: "Paula wrote: "Stone in the sea and the others were just OK for me - 3* for the first three and DNF the 4th..."

Of course YOU already read them! I need to compare books with you... So is it a serie..."

Yes, on the different characters though, so now CH. My review on book 4 gives my reasoning for the DNF...just very verbose writing

message 36: by Ela (new)

Ela | 4279 comments Paula wrote: "Not read the Sinners on Tour books - just looked and I appear to have the box set!"

OMG! If you love yourself some HAWT smut and a sweet love story with rock stars then THIS is the series FOR YOU!

message 37: by Ela (new)

Ela | 4279 comments Paula wrote: "Ela wrote: "Paula wrote: "Stone in the sea and the others were just OK for me - 3* for the first three and DNF the 4th..."

Of course YOU already read them! I need to compare books with you... So i..."

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM....

message 38: by Grey (new)

Grey | 2385 comments Mod
omg wtf happened there. I swear to god, I cannot post from my kindle. ever.I have zero idea where pretzels came from??? I meant I may skip getting dressed and just read to get all the buddy reads in... wtf *scratches head* pretzels???

message 39: by Paula (new)

Paula White | 795 comments 😂😂😂

message 40: by Nay (new)

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments Paula--I can't believe that YOU, reader of all rock star and biker books, have NOT read the Sinners on Tour series?!

That's one of the series that started it all and are probably the best (or very close to the best) ones!

I want to hear what you think of Caveman. I put that on my TBR this morning.

message 41: by Ela (new)

Ela | 4279 comments Grey wrote: "omg wtf happened there. I swear to god, I cannot post from my kindle. ever.I have zero idea where pretzels came from??? I meant I may skip getting dressed and just read to get all the buddy reads i..."

Suuuuuuuuuuurrre Grey....drunk-posting is always so entertaining!

message 42: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michellesantiago) | 299 comments American Hellhound for me.... I'm tying it into the song... don't worry!

message 43: by Grey (new)

Grey | 2385 comments Mod
no drinking for me, I'm afraid... on prednisone for my asthma. steroids and booze dont mix.😭

message 44: by Jan (new)

Jan (jan130) | 1159 comments Olivia Cunning (Sinners on Tour) has just got a new book out. Maryse has listed it on her blog.

message 45: by Tessa (new)

Tessa | 1761 comments That's the Night with Sole Regret. :) It's her other rocker series. I like those, but no where near as much.

message 46: by Nay (new)

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments Yeah, same here, Tessa, I was reading them as they were published way back when, and I also like the Sinners on Tour better but enjoyed both series.

message 47: by Ela (new)

Ela | 4279 comments Yup! Those are short and all about the smut....

message 48: by Ela (new)

Ela | 4279 comments Has anyone here read Opal Carew

message 49: by Jan (new)

Jan (jan130) | 1159 comments Ela wrote: "Yup! Those are short and all about the smut...."

LOL

message 50: by Nay (new)

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments Ela wrote: "Has anyone here read Opal Carew"

I haven't, mainly because she writes a lot of menage, which I don't enjoy for the most part.

« previous 1