Messy shelf of an introvert. discussion

12 views
Books That Didn't Live Up To The Hype

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kelli (new)

Kelli (kellireads) Hello everyone ๐Ÿ˜Š
I'm new to Goodreads, and am eager to get involved with a discussion so I hope it isn't bad etiquette to start a new topic!
If this is allowed,I was wondering if anybody had any thoughts on books that had been rated well or raved about in the media but that you thought fell flat?


message 2: by Eram (new)

Eram Hussain | 2 comments Mod
According to me Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell was the book that didn't live up to the hype.I felt like it wasn't an adequate representation of being a fangirl. The story was more focused on the relationship between the characters than on fandom so maybe the name wasn't appropriate .


message 3: by Kelli (new)

Kelli (kellireads) Eram wrote: "According to me Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell was the book that didn't live up to the hype.I felt like it wasn't an adequate representation of being a fangirl. The story was more focused on the relatio..."
It's not one I've heard of. What genre is it?
For me the one that stands out the most is The Book Thief by Markus Zsuzak. I was tricked by the media hype and it fell woefully short. It just felt so....... empty.


message 4: by Sanjana (new)

Sanjana Ghosh (sanjanag) | 23 comments Mod
Definitely Harry Potter and the Cursed Child. People waited months for it to release. Pre ordered it. Later on, many were disappointed. After the original Harry Potter series, this book was a much anticipated release. But sadly, it failed to live up to the excitement and thrill as is expected from a Harry Potter book.


message 5: by Kelli (new)

Kelli (kellireads) Sanjana wrote: "Definitely Harry Potter and the Cursed Child. People waited months for it to release. Pre ordered it. Later on, many were disappointed. After the original Harry Potter series, this book was a much ..."

I have it in my tbr pile. Do you think that people weren't expecting it to be in script form?


message 6: by Sanjana (new)

Sanjana Ghosh (sanjanag) | 23 comments Mod
Kelli wrote: "Sanjana wrote: "Definitely Harry Potter and the Cursed Child. People waited months for it to release. Pre ordered it. Later on, many were disappointed. After the original Harry Potter series, this ..."

The screenplay version did not bother me. The book was predictable, so I did not like that.


back to top