Making Connections discussion

ARCHIVES > Which cover do you like better?

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Matia (new)

Matia ben Ephraim | 5 comments As the old saying goes, you shouldn't judge a book by its cover - but of course, everyone does. I want to know if readers would really be more inclined to buy the exact same book just based on what it looks like on the outside - even if it's not as accurate a representation of the story. I've seen other posts for cover design feedback, which seem to get a pretty good response; but in this case I've already published both versions, and I'm not looking to tweak them. I'm just wondering: which one appeals to you more - the first, a unique homemade depiction, or the second, a generic dramatized image?

message 2: by PepperP0t (new)

PepperP0t  | 46 comments the dramatized image. it's striking and feels more powerful. the softer image is one i'd pass with an automatic thought the book would be too juvenile for my taste.

message 3: by Gisele (new)

Gisele Walko | 1 comments The one on the right.

message 4: by Ariel (new)

Ariel C (missarielc) | 2 comments The second, generic dramatized image.

I love the lion with the spooky blue eyes.

message 5: by Groovy (last edited Jun 14, 2017 01:16PM) (new)

Groovy Lee | 162 comments I'm late to this discussion, but I agree, the second book with the blue-eyed lion. The first one does look a bit like a children's book, so I would pass it by without a second look if I were in a book store :)

message 6: by Samantha (new)

Samantha Stambaugh | 54 comments Definitely the lion. The power within the cat is intriguing to me. The grey is dramatic and the blue makes the eyes and the title pop out at me. The left one has a children's book feel which I would also pick since I enjoy reading them as well. It has more of a soft feel to the painted image, one that would lead to historical fiction for children or middle grade.