Play Book Tag discussion

The Readers of Broken Wheel Recommend
Archive: Other Books > The Readers of Broken Wheel Recommend by Katarina Bivald - 3.5 stars

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

annapi | 4851 comments A sweet quirky story. Sara is from Sweden and has come to Iowa to finally meet Amy, her pen-pal friend who shares her love of books. But when she arrives she finds that Amy has died. The small, dying town of Broken Wheel finds her strange, but welcomes her for Amy's sake. Having nothing else to do, Sara comes up with the idea of starting a bookstore with Amy's collection of books.

This is a slow-paced, character-driven story, but it never descends into boring. Never quite gets up to great either, but it's a nice comfort read. The characters are amusing and interesting, and I can't help but wonder if there is a real town out there that this was modeled on. It's always nice to read a book about books, and though I can't agree with all of the books the author obviously loves (couldn't stand Eragon, ugh), I do like most of them enough to find this pleasant. My actual rating is 3.5, but I can't quite bring myself to round up.

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 5536 comments It was a 3-star read for me. I listened to the audio, which was NOT good (only 1 star for the audio).