Polls for Our Souls discussion

Book Chat > Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children trilogy

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

dnf. they stay similar in quality

message 2: by Benjamin (new)

Benjamin Uke | 61 comments I'd say, the series keeps the gothy tone throughout with inserted bits of humor. If that's not your cup of coffee, it might be easier to just save yourself the time.

message 3: by annesofie (new)

annesofie (ananasofie) | 204 comments i haven't read them but if you already own the second book, why not give it a shot and read the first 100 pages? if you still don't like it, just give them away. but maybe you will end up liking them & you'll be glad you still gave them a chance (:

Beagle Lover (Avid Reader) (beaglelover55) | 155 comments I found the complete trilogy most enjoyable. The old photos interspersed with the text added a sense of reality to the characters. Mr. Riggs writting was grand...but remember, this is just my opinion and view on these books.

message 5: by Dean_o (new)

Dean_o | 13 comments I read the first two books and just because I don't like leaving series unfinished I always wanted to read the last one as well but.... it just hasn't happened yet. And honestly I found them rather dull while reading and was never excited about them. So I'd say save yourself the time. Go read something else that you are more interested in and if you still think about it in the future you can always come back to it and try again!

message 6: by Pau Lethani (new)

Pau Lethani (lethanibooks) | 12 comments Taylor I have the same question. I've finished the first one this week and gave it 2'5 stars...Seeing the end I guess the second one may be better but I don't really know if I should give it a try or not.

message 7: by Grace (new)

Grace DNF it. I gave the second book a read and was bored.

message 8: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Yang (michy_) | 8 comments i read the first two books and while i enjoyed it i couldn't finish the last one cuz they basically were all going about the same kinda pacing and stuff. i'd say dnf if you were really not feeling the first book at all.

message 9: by Cordelianne (new)

Cordelianne i finished the series, but I was a bit underwhelmed after that!

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

I finished it and it was okay. Not too good but not too bad either. Tho I did not expect what came out in the movie.