Horror Aficionados discussion

My Cousin Rachel
This topic is about My Cousin Rachel
Buddy Reads > My Cousin Rachel

Comments Showing 1-50 of 84 (84 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Addy | 4989 comments Starting today. Feel free to join! So far it's just Terry and I.

Addy | 4989 comments I've only read the first chapter but this reminds me of Sweetheart, Sweetheart by Bernard Taylor.

Terry | 4849 comments Addy wrote: "I've only read the first chapter but this reminds me of Sweetheart, Sweetheart by Bernard Taylor."

If that's the case, we know it will be good!

Addy | 4989 comments Oh, yes! That's what I'm thinking!

Addy | 4989 comments Cool! Good to have you R!

Also, I forgot you don't have the book yet Terry but I've only read the first chapter, so no worries:)

Terry | 4849 comments Glad you could join us R!

Thanks Addy. I should be able to start it tomorrow.

Terry | 4849 comments I started it and read up to the start of ch5. Very fluid writing style it seems. Very Interesting and foreboding beginning (view spoiler)

Latasha (latasha513) | 10688 comments Mod
ohhh! can I join in? I loved, loved, loved Rebecca so I'm willing to explore more of her works.

Terry | 4849 comments Sure Latasha, we've just started.

message 10: by Latasha (last edited May 22, 2017 05:11PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Terry wrote: "Sure Latasha, we've just started."

awesome. I'm going to finish up one book I'm listening to then i'll jump into this one. I've read sweetheart, sweetheart. I liked it.

is this book new? there is a waiting list on my reads system for the e-book & audio.

Terry | 4849 comments Latasha wrote: "is this book new? there is a waiting list on my reads system for the e-book & audio."

It's not new, but there is a movie coming out in July for it, so I think it's popular again.

message 13: by Addy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Addy | 4989 comments I got to ch5 this morning. I agree with you Terry about the writing style. Sometimes I have to read things twice but I like it.

Terry | 4849 comments Addy wrote: "I got to ch5 this morning. I agree with you Terry about the writing style. Sometimes I have to read things twice but I like it."

Me too. I struggled with it a little bit at first, but I got used to it after a while and it was better as I went.

I listened up to chapter 8. I like it! I'm listening so I haven't had the problem yet of having to rewind to understand what they are saying. I watched the trailer for the movie and it looks wonderful.

message 16: by Addy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Addy | 4989 comments I read to ch 7. (view spoiler)

Terry | 4849 comments Addy wrote: "I read to ch 7. [spoilers removed]"

I know! So far, I'm siding with Philip!

This book, so far, is fabulous! I'm loving every minute of it.

Terry | 4849 comments Latasha wrote: "This book, so far, is fabulous! I'm loving every minute of it."

I agree, Latasha!

message 20: by Addy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Addy | 4989 comments Wow. I read to ch11. Hmm. Not sure what to think yet other than the fact that they now seem fond of each other.

I don't know who to believe in this story! I just wanna play The Beatles Can't buy me love for that freakin Phillip!

message 22: by Addy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Addy | 4989 comments Ch11(view spoiler)

sorry, I don't know what chapter I'm on.

(view spoiler)

Terry | 4849 comments I was surprised in ch10 (view spoiler)

Terry | 4849 comments Addy wrote: "Ch11[spoilers removed]"

I'm surprised she didn't get the vapours!

message 26: by Addy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Addy | 4989 comments What the heck is getting the vapours anyway!? Is that what you do when someone faints?...lol.

Terry | 4849 comments Addy wrote: "What the heck is getting the vapours anyway!? Is that what you do when someone faints?...lol."

Lol, I have no idea, but I guess so. I wonder where these terrible vapours come from?

lol!

message 29: by Addy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Addy | 4989 comments I absolutely adored what Louise says at the very end of ch12 to our dear Phillip....😲

Terry | 4849 comments Yes, I like Louise, and I think she is seeing more clearly than Phillip! I think she's right with what she said. I stopped at ch14 just a little bit ago.

message 31: by Addy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Addy | 4989 comments Ch13(view spoiler)

Terry | 4849 comments Addy wrote: "Ch13[spoilers removed]"

Do you think (view spoiler)

message 33: by Addy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Addy | 4989 comments Absolutely. You've got to read the next chapter now!

Terry | 4849 comments Addy wrote: "Absolutely. You've got to read the next chapter now!"

All these little clues have to mean something, right?? But when Rachel explains things, it all makes sense. As soon as I'm suspicious, I end up changing my mind. In ch15 (view spoiler). I stopped at ch16.

Terry | 4849 comments R. wrote: "This is a re-read for me, but wow! What an amazing writer! I love the first chapter at the crossroads and how it sets up the theme for the entire book."

It definitely gives you that sense of foreboding right off the bat.

I finished and loved it!

(view spoiler)

message 38: by Addy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Addy | 4989 comments Terry wrote: "Addy wrote: "Absolutely. You've got to read the next chapter now!"

All these little clues have to mean something, right?? But when Rachel explains things, it all makes sense. As soon as I'm suspic..."

Fear of the truth maybe. I'm pretty sure we may find out later.

message 39: by Addy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Addy | 4989 comments Ch16(view spoiler)

message 40: by Addy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Addy | 4989 comments Why is she so pleasant yet so evil? Sorry, just a thought i had while reading ch17.

Terry | 4849 comments Addy wrote: "Why is she so pleasant yet so evil? Sorry, just a thought i had while reading ch17."

I'm in the middle of ch16, and while I'm untrusting of her so far, I'm not all the way to feeling that she's evil yet...

message 42: by Addy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Addy | 4989 comments I've stopped at ch19 for now. (view spoiler)

Terry | 4849 comments Addy wrote: "I've stopped at ch19 for now. [spoilers removed]"

I suspected the same thing. (view spoiler)

message 44: by Addy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Addy | 4989 comments Terry wrote: "Addy wrote: "I've stopped at ch19 for now. [spoilers removed]"

I suspected the same thing. It certainly makes some sense if we believe the two of them are in this together to get Ambrose's money ..."

Yes. I agree about Christmas. And what a feast! They are always having amazing sounding food. I would love to celebrate like that!

message 45: by Addy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Addy | 4989 comments Ch19(view spoiler)

Terry | 4849 comments Addy wrote: "Ch19[spoilers removed]"

Huey Lewis said it best (view spoiler)

Terry | 4849 comments I read up to ch22. (view spoiler)

message 48: by Addy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Addy | 4989 comments Terry wrote: "I read up to ch22. [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Terry | 4849 comments Addy wrote: "Terry wrote: "I read up to ch22. [spoilers removed]"

[spoilers removed]"

Good questions! (view spoiler)

I'm glad you all are enjoying this. I have to wait til I get home to read your spoilers. Phillip sure has got it bad!

« previous 1