Horror Aficionados discussion

Painted
This topic is about Painted

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Kirsten McKenzie (kirstenmckenzieauthor) | 34 comments Hello all, after publishing two historical time slip novels, I've slipped into horror.

Painted by Kirsten McKenzie will be released at the end of June 2017.

If art can capture a soul, what happens when one of those souls escapes?

When art appraiser Anita Cassatt is sent to catalogue the extensive collection of reclusive artist Leo Kubin, it isn’t only the chilly atmosphere of the secluded house making her shiver.

Upon entering the house, Anita stands before a silent audience of portraits clustered on every wall. Every painted eye is watching her, including those of the unfinished portrait on the artist’s easel. A portrait with an eerie familiarity.

Kubin’s lawyer didn’t share the detailed instructions regarding the handling of the art, and Anita and her team start work in ignorance of the very instructions designed to keep them safe.

Disturbed, a man eases himself out of his portrait and stretches. Free at last from the confines of his canvas, he has no intention of ever returning. He has a painting to finish…

message 2: by Char (new)

Char  | 13722 comments Mod
Hi, Kirsten! Good luck with your book!

Kirsten McKenzie (kirstenmckenzieauthor) | 34 comments Char wrote: "Hi, Kirsten! Good luck with your book!"

Thanks so much. My first horror. But I've loved writing it. My historical fiction background seems to continuously seep in though!

Anne (w/ an E) (mzcatnthehat) | 746 comments Kirsten wrote: "Char wrote: "Hi, Kirsten! Good luck with your book!"

Thanks so much. My first horror. But I've loved writing it. My historical fiction background seems to continuously seep in though!"

There in nothing wrong with that. I love things that make the story seem more realistic. It adds to the fright factor, IMO!

Kirsten McKenzie (kirstenmckenzieauthor) | 34 comments Anne (w/ an E) wrote: "Kirsten wrote: "Char wrote: "Hi, Kirsten! Good luck with your book!"

Thanks so much. My first horror. But I've loved writing it. My historical fiction background seems to continuously seep in thou..."

Loving your name on here. My middle name is Anne with an E. I say that every time I have to give someone my name. Too funny. Very Anne of Green Gables!

message 6: by Sheri (new)

Sheri | 42 comments I am a super horror fanatic & your book sounds like something I would read the back of & buy (I'm referring to a bookstore, I'm not totally crackers!). It sounds creepy as hell & I love that ^_^

Kirsten McKenzie (kirstenmckenzieauthor) | 34 comments Sheri wrote: "I am a super horror fanatic & your book sounds like something I would read the back of & buy (I'm referring to a bookstore, I'm not totally crackers!). It sounds creepy as hell & I love that ^_^"

Thanks for the vote of confidence Sheri! I'll let you know when its gone live xxx

message 8: by Sheri (new)

Sheri | 42 comments You are most welcome! Please do. Until then, I'll know I have something refreshingly creepy to look forward to.
Have a good rest of your Sunday :D

message 9: by Kirsten (last edited Jun 25, 2017 11:07AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kirsten McKenzie (kirstenmckenzieauthor) | 34 comments Sheri wrote: "You are most welcome! Please do. Until then, I'll know I have something refreshingly creepy to look forward to.
Have a good rest of your Sunday :D"

Hi Sheri,
Just a quick note to let you know that Painted is now live. The price will be 99c until Friday - which is its official launch date. I just needed to get a live link up for my publicity material!
https://www.amazon.com/PAINTED-Horror...
Hope your weekend was great x