What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Romance book (Mills and Boon or Harlequin) where father of hero does not want the hero to marry the heroine

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Iszy (new)

Iszy | 17 comments Hi i'm looking for a book where the h is part of a wealthy and prestigious family and has a stepbrother who wishes he was part of that family but he is a gambler and a wastrel but still the h loves him so this one time the h wealthy family has a get together and he tries to steal the patriarch's horribly vulgar trophy wife's earrings but the H who i think is the h second cousin finds him and blackmails the h into an engagement he has always wanted. But the patriarch who is the H father does not want him to marry the h and tries to get her fired from her job and at the end pushes her into traffic but later changes his mind and saves her at the cost of his life. Please help!

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35672 comments Mod
Iszy, around what year did you read this book?

What's the time period and location (country/region)?

message 3: by Iszy (last edited May 21, 2017 09:25AM) (new)

Iszy | 17 comments Kris wrote: "Iszy, around what year did you read this book?

What's the time period and location (country/region)?"

Time period i think is around the 1990s to 2000 and the country is i think New Zealand or Australia

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39824 comments Mod
Okay...way too many threads on this book. I'm deleting two of them and keeping this original one.

Juels asked in another thread, "How long ago did you read it? Any idea where it is set, what they did for a living, or why his father was against the match?"

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

From deleted threads:

"Hi i'm looking for a book where the h is part of a wealthy and prestigious family and has a stepbrother who wishes he was part of that family but he is a gambler and a wastrel but still the h loves him so this one time the h wealthy family has a get together and he tries to steal the patriarch's horribly vulgar trophy wife's earrings but the H who i think is the h second cousin finds him and blackmails the h into an engagement he has always wanted. But the patriarch who is the H father does not want him to marry the h and tries to get her fired from her job and at the end pushes her into traffic but later changes his mind and saves her at the cost of his life."

and:

"Hi i'm looking for a book where the story is situated in Australia not the outback but Melbourne or Sidney. The hero has a father who disapproves very strongly of the hero's choice of wife because the heroine looks like her mother who the hero's father was in love with so he feels possessive of her and goes as far as trying to lie that she was his daughter. I remember a scene at the end where the hero's father was with some business friends outside his office building and the heroine was coming to see him when he pushed her into traffic but seconds later dived in to save her causing his own death. The hero's family is very wealthy and the heroine is related to him by marriage and she has a step brother who is reckless and into gambling because he isn't as wealthy as his sister . At one point he tries to steal the hero's vulgar step mothers earring,"

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Iszy, please do not create duplicate threads. One thread per book only. Otherwise, as you can see, it gets very confusing.

Please bookmark your thread so you don't lose it.

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Iszy, are you still looking for this or did you find it?