Kuro: A Land in Eternal Night (Semi-Advanced) discussion

Gristolle (Yokai Realm) > Royal Palace

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ilsa (last edited May 20, 2017 06:33PM) (new)

Ilsa (eruaistaniel) | 490 comments Shirayuki was not in the library. Libraries tended to make her feel sick, remind her of her brother's place. She was in the sitting room just across, with a pile of texts from her own library. She was trying to be strong in defiance of her exile. Currently, she was engrossed in a sketch of her family. Molae's face was giving her trouble.

message 2: by Kikki (new)

Kikki (kikki-not-kiki) | 1930 comments Molae skipped out of the library with a new book in his hands. He was excited to find somewhere to read it, and his wings were tucked firmly against his back for the time being. Learning to fly was not easy when none of your siblings had wings. He paused and looked around, then went into the sitting room, climbing up onto one of the chairs and curling up much like a cat to start to read, humming to himself a little tune of some kind.

message 3: by Ilsa (new)

Ilsa (eruaistaniel) | 490 comments Shirayuki glanced up at Molae, glad that she didn't have any food to actually try to feed her little brother, because he'd ultimately turn it down, if at all possible. She wasn't sure how to show him the picture or strike up a conversation, but he seemed content to just sit and read. It was nice, sitting there for a few minutes, just sitting and reading sort of near each-other, while she used Molae as a model for her art. She hoped she didn't look too strange, staring at him from time to time in order to perfect a nose, the mix of an ear.

message 4: by Kikki (new)

Kikki (kikki-not-kiki) | 1930 comments Molae bit his lip as he reached a word in the book he didn't know how to pronounce, though he tried to in his head and even mumbled it under his breath, but he still didn't know it. He lifted his head and noticed that Shirayuki was in the room. He got up and walked over to her and said, "Can you help me with this word? I'm stuck." and smiled sweetly at her. Just because she made the mistake once with the hot sauce didn't mean he didn't care for her anymore.

message 5: by Ilsa (new)

Ilsa (eruaistaniel) | 490 comments Shirayuki smiled at her brother, scooting over and offering a cozy seat by her. "Yeah, of course," she said, squinting down at his book. "That reads... Constitution," she said, "It means how healthy someone is. Or a document with a government's rules written on it.
Depending on the context. Let's look at that to see what it means," Shira pointed out. Her heart melted around her younger sibling. He was a little chocolate drop after a cup of hot sauce.

message 6: by Kikki (new)

Kikki (kikki-not-kiki) | 1930 comments Molae didn't hesitate to climb up onto the seat and get comfortable, curling up like a kitten and looking up at her with big eyes as she helped him with the word, and answered his next question by saying what it meant too. "The sentence was 'She had a strong c-constilution and remained un...untouched by the ickyness...I-I mean sickness.'" he looked up at her again. "Is that talking about the document?" he asked innocently.

message 7: by Ilsa (new)

Ilsa (eruaistaniel) | 490 comments Was he trying to be so stickily cute, dripping with sugar and sweetness? It was adorable, she gave him that, but sometimes she wondered if he hid how smart he was, just to have opportunities to look cute, or if everything was all natural for him. He certainly didn't use his powers of adorableness to manipulate... not that she'd noticed. "Well," she said, "Does she have a strong government that keeps her safe from the plague? Or is her body strong enough to resist it? Which makes the most sense to you?"

message 8: by Kikki (new)

Kikki (kikki-not-kiki) | 1930 comments Molae tapped his finger against his mouth thoughtfully at her question, brows furrowing as he tried to figure it out, then said. "Umm.....probably her body right? Cause your body has the um...ice cream cells that fight bad stuff to keep you from getting sick." He nodded to himself, then peeked over at her things. "Whatcha doin?" he inquired curiously.

message 9: by Ilsa (new)

Ilsa (eruaistaniel) | 490 comments "Ice cream cells? Oh! The big white fluffy ones. The blood cells. Yeah, that's actually right. You're pretty clever." She smiled at him, then showed him the sketchpad. "Here you go. I'm trying to do a family sketch... I've messed up your face for a bit, though."

message 10: by Kikki (new)

Kikki (kikki-not-kiki) | 1930 comments Molae smiled brightly up at her when she figured out what he meant. Only her and his big brother were ever able to completely understand him, even if the words he used weren't used in the conventional sense. "Yes, the fluffy white ones!" he agreed brightly. He looked over her picture with bright eyes and giggled a bit when he saw his face, then used his hands to try and make his face match the one in the picture. "Like this?" he asked, giggling too hard to maintain the silly face for long.

message 11: by Ilsa (new)

Ilsa (eruaistaniel) | 490 comments She smiled, but felt a shoot of panic in her chest. "It's not that bad, is it?" She had made the mistake of trying to perfect the face in detail, making the features ultimately distorted. She felt a little self conscious, but ultimately, she'd known the image had been rubbish. She smiled, taking on a silly face as well. "Maybe the family would look better if they all had goofy faces," she suggested, offering the pencil to him.

message 12: by Kikki (new)

Kikki (kikki-not-kiki) | 1930 comments Molae tilted his head to the side, lowering his hands as he said, "Sorry. I thought you'd feel better if I was silly too. I didn't mean to make you not like your drawing. It's really good." He looked at it more critically, then thought of his own face and said, "Mmm....I think if you fix the nose, I won't look so silly in the picture. It's a lil sidewayie." he said, tilting his head.

message 13: by Ilsa (new)

Ilsa (eruaistaniel) | 490 comments "No. I actually think some silliness would make this picture," she reassured, focusing on it critically. A mischievous smirk crawled onto her face. Quickly, almost as if practiced, she sketched big, googly eyes and glasses on a certain librarian brother, adding a goatee and a thin, gigantic mustache. This felt more relaxing than sitting there, trying to hold in pent up energy. This... was like venting. "Your turn." She passed him the pencil, smiling encouragingly.

message 14: by Kikki (new)

Kikki (kikki-not-kiki) | 1930 comments Molae smiled and said, "Okay good, cause I didn't wanna make you feel frowny." he watched her put goggly eyes and a goatee and things and giggled up a storm, sitting up properly as she passed him the pencil. He looked thoughtful for a moment, not sure what to draw, but settled with huge bushy eyebrows on their other sister(the one Rock made, I forget her name) and cat ears on Shirayuki. "Tada!" he said proudly, looking up at her with a huge smile.

message 15: by Ilsa (new)

Ilsa (eruaistaniel) | 490 comments She pointed the pencil to their toothy brother. To the one who had shown Molae how to choke on plastic wrap. She grinned mischievously and gave him cat whiskers, crossed eyes, and a pig's tail. "What about Mom and Dad? Do you think we should goofball them up too, or is that going too far?" She wrapped an arm around her little brother, really comfortable and... happy, here.

message 16: by Kikki (new)

Kikki (kikki-not-kiki) | 1930 comments Molae looked thoughtful, then said, "Mmm....nah I think Mommy and Daddy should stay not silly." He nodded to himself, snuggling into her when she wrapped her arm around him. "I like cuddling...my wings arent in the way right?"