Booktubers on Goodreads discussion

Tea Talks > Characters You Relate To | Tea Talks

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Zarriah Rose (new)

Zarriah Rose (Zarriah Rose) (zarriahrose) | 11 comments Mod
Let us know about characters you relate to and why! :)

message 2: by Zarriah Rose (new)

Zarriah Rose (Zarriah Rose) (zarriahrose) | 11 comments Mod
Donna wrote: "I relate alot to sunshine from "The Haunting of Sunshine Girl". She is an introvert and Is very awkward when having to communicate with others. She also has a vintage taste which i adore also."

I haven't read that one before but that sounds interesting! Vintage stuff is awesome. Do you like to collect any particular vintage thing (clothes, furniture, mirrors, etc.)?

message 3: by sage (new)

sage | 5 comments I feel like I've heard of that book. :o I should look into it. Being an introvert, its easiest to relate to introverts aha. I really relate to Natsume Takashi...he's from a manga series I adore, called Natsume's Book of Friends. I love how selfless and kind he strives to be, after being shown kindness from others after having a rough childhood. Seeing demons didn't help with that much I'd think, though. ((": I also really relate with Neil from the All For The Game trilogy! Every time he says "I'm fine" I go "Same, Neil. Same." Hahaha.

message 4: by Ashmita (new)

Ashmita Ghosh (writergash) | 21 comments I kind of relate to Lucy from The Hating Game and I kind of identify with her flaws. She has a hard time saying no to others and so do I. I've always been willing to help others but sometimes, I don't know how to say no, and I felt like Lucy went through the same thing.

message 5: by Silvia (new)

Silvia Kay (silviakay) I can relate to most characters who are loners/unpopular in high school because that was me all over. The most recent example would be Aysel from My Heart and Other Black Holes (a contemporary YA that deals with some serious topics such as suicide).

I also relate to most characters who are bookworms. For example, Margaret from The Thirteenth Tale (a gothic tale about a young woman whose father owns a second-hand bookshop that specializes in rare, hard-to-find books. She works there, but one day she is summoned to write a biography of a reclusive bestselling author /who is female and not gay, so this is NOT a romance/).

⭐Anni⭐ (Book Princess) (annithebookprincess) oh yeah, the bookworm/geek characters! For example Cath from Fangirl or Kathy from the Lux series!

message 7: by Silvia (last edited May 31, 2017 04:18AM) (new)

Silvia Kay (silviakay) Anni wrote: "oh yeah, the bookworm/geek characters! For example Cath from Fangirl or Kathy from the Lux series!"

I haven't read any of these books yet, but Fangirl is definitely on the cards. But first I'm going to read Geekerella (which also centers around fandom) because I already own a copy, and if I like it, I will probably need to read something similar - which is where Fangril comes in :)

⭐Anni⭐ (Book Princess) (annithebookprincess) oh yes, I also want to read Geekerella, for the same reason!