Love Inspired Historicals discussion

Sad News: Paula Osborne is no longer with us

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Keli (new)

Keli Gwyn (keligwyn) | 757 comments Paula's sister-in-law shared on Paula's Facebook page that she passed away suddenly on May 18. She's now at home with the Savior she loved so deeply.

You probably knew Paula O. as our wonderful birthday party hostess. She blessed so many of us over the years. Our dear friend will be missed by many.

message 2: by Shannon (new)

Shannon Farrington Oh gracious! I am so sorry to hear this! Paula was so sweet! I always enjoyed talking with her. I am happy to think of her though with Jesus.

Is there an address etc. where we might send condolence messages to her family?

message 3: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (bookwormhannah) | 97 comments Oh, wow! I'm so sad to hear that. I didn't "know" her long, but she was a kind soul and a voice of encouragement.

message 4: by Christine (new)

Christine Johnson | 1102 comments Oh my, I'm in shock. Paula has been the hostess of the birthday parties here for a long time, a lovely soul and true supporter of our books. She has blessed us in so many ways, and her love for the Lord always shone bright. I will miss her greatly.

message 5: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4952 comments It was a shock to find out this morning. She passed away suddenly. She will truly be missed by us all.

message 6: by Mary (new)

Mary (maryannie) | 73 comments I am in shock, but I am glad she is in our eternal home. I played Word with her regularly and she was a great encourager. I will miss her.

message 7: by Sam (new)

Sam B | 166 comments I can't even believe this! She had just recently added me as a GR friend. This is such a shocking and saddening news.

message 8: by Jenn (new)

Jenn I'm very sad to hear that. She will be missed

message 9: by Keli (last edited May 21, 2017 08:28AM) (new)

Keli Gwyn (keligwyn) | 757 comments Shannon wrote: "Is there an address etc. where we might send condolence messages to her family?"

Since Paula won a book on my blog some time back, I have her address. I don't have permission from her family to share it, though, but you can send cards to me. I'd be happy to collect them and forward them all to her family.

The Family of Paula Osborne
c/o Keli Gwyn
PO Box 1404
Placerville, CA 95667

message 10: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Thank you, Keli for sharing the news. Paula-O was an important part of the group and very thoughtful .She will be missed but what a wonderful time she is having with our Lord.

message 11: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments This is from her blog.
                                 ~LIFE AND DEATH LOVE AND BIRTHS~
                                                  written by Pauline C Osborne
April 2017

THREE DEATHS IN THE FAMILY

GOD KNOWS WHEN OUR TIME ON EARTH IS UP

THREE BIRTHS IN THE FAMILY

HE KNOWS WHEN TO REPLENISH WITH BIRTH

SO SMELL THE ROSES AS YOU PASS

TAKE TIME AND MAKE LIFE LAST

GIVE PRAISES FOR ALL YOUR BLESSINGS

EVEN WHEN YOU ARE NOT SURE YOU HAVE ANY

GOD GIVES US WHAT WE NEED

NOT ALWAYS WHAT WE WANT

ALL ARE PART OF "LIFE"

message 12: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Christine wrote: "Oh my, I'm in shock. Paula has been the hostess of the birthday parties here for a long time, a lovely soul and true supporter of our books. She has blessed us in so many ways, and her love for the..."

I agree with you Christine.

message 13: by June (new)

June | 366 comments Paula was a wonderful part of this group. She will be greatly missed! My thoughts and prayers are with her family. Including her LIH family. We will all miss her.

message 14: by Jenn (new)

Jenn My prayers are with Paula's family and her LIH family. 💜

message 15: by Regina (new)

Regina Scott (reginascott) | 398 comments I'm so sad to hear this. She was such a ray of sunshine, and so faithful. She never forgot anyone's birthday, was always there to share encouragement. She will be missed.

message 16: by Penny (new)

Penny Richards | 97 comments So sorry to hear this. Prayers for her family and friends.

message 17: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 236 comments This makes me so sad. She will live on through us and our continued birthday celebrations. She will be missed. I still can't believe it =(

message 18: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 265 comments She'll be missed. :( Praying.

message 19: by Valri (new)

Valri Western | 963 comments So very sad about this news. We will definitely miss her cheerful attitude each month as she welcomed the birthday people! Love to her family!

message 20: by Christine (new)

Christine Johnson | 1102 comments Melinda wrote: "This is from her blog.
April 2017

THREE DEATHS IN..."

Now I'm in tears. What a beautiful poem. I will miss her. She brought great joy through this group and in every communication.

message 21: by Shannon (new)

Shannon Farrington Melinda wrote: "This is from her blog.
April 2017

THREE DEATHS IN..."

Wow. So powerful. So real!

message 22: by Britney (new)

Britney | 230 comments Oh, I am so very sorry to hear this. Paula will be missed by many.

message 23: by Brittany (new)

Brittany | 220 comments I'm so sad to hear this! She was such fun to visit with in this group.

message 24: by Wendy (new)

Wendy Sparkes (wendysparkes) | 340 comments :( I'm so sad and shocked to read this! We will miss her warm heart in this group! Thoughts and prayers are with her family at this sad time.

At least we know she is "with Christ, which is far better." (Phil 1:23)

message 25: by Sherida (last edited May 23, 2017 09:28AM) (new)

Sherida Stewart Just read this....we will so miss our sweet sister in Christ. She always thought of others with hosting the virtual birthday parties with her coconut cake and lovely decorations.

What a profound poem! Tears.....

And I agree with others...her encouraging thoughts were always appreciated. Praying for comfort for her family and friends.....

message 26: by Lyn (new)

Lyn (lyncote) | 1644 comments Mod
I am heartbroken!!! I know she's with our Lord but oh, I will miss her joyful spirit!

message 27: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Lyn wrote: "I am heartbroken!!! I know she's with our Lord but oh, I will miss her joyful spirit!"

I agree Lyn

message 28: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 518 comments I am so sad to hear this. Paula was such a blessing to so many. I will be praying for her family.

message 29: by JanetTronstad (new)

JanetTronstad Author Tronstad | 2759 comments Mod
I'm so very sorry to hear this. Paula was a great reader and a friend to authors.

message 30: by Brenda- (new)

Brenda- (brenda-w) | 86 comments Keli wrote: "Paula's sister-in-law shared on Paula's Facebook page that she passed away suddenly on May 18. She's now at home with the Savior she loved so deeply.

You probably knew Paula O. as our wonderful bi..."

I'm so sorry to hear she is gone. She was always friendly and helpful. She will be missed.

Laura AKA Loves 2 Read Romance | 909 comments I am so sad to hear of her passing! She was so sweet!