What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Erotic apocalyptic / fantasy from 1978-1982 about a Biblical apocalyptic setting (?). The most memorable story arc in the book centered around a group of people (demons?) capturing a young woman (virgin?) and taking her to a convent

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Macnacious (new)

Macnacious | 1 comments I am looking for the title of an unusual Sci-Fi / Fantasy / Erotic Book from 1978-1982. It was unusual in that the book was quite sexually explicit for its time, and yet it was featured on the Sci-Fi shelves of various mainline bookstores for several years. However, it is fair to say that the Sci-Fi / Fantasy aspects of the book overshadowed the eroticism. In any case, I did not come across another book in that era that was so explicit, and yet occupied the general Sci-Fi shelves.

The plot seemed to be about a Biblical apocalyptic setting (?). The most memorable story arc in the book centered around a group of people (demons?) capturing a young woman (virgin?) and taking her to a convent, possibly in order that the apocalypse be staved off. The young woman was interrogated and physically probed (possibly in regard to virginal status?) by the Mother Superior, while the Bishop watched from a concealed location. I do not remember how it ended.

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39310 comments Mod
Duplicate request from July 2016 deleted. Please only post your query once, otherwise it gets too confusing. Please bookmark your thread for future reference. If you lose track of it, you can see all your comments in the group by clicking on "see comment history" after hovering over your avatar next to any comment you've made in the group.

message 3: by Cycad (new)

Cycad | 111 comments Image of the Beast or Blown by Philip Jose Farmer?

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35179 comments Mod
Image of the Beast / Blown by Philip José Farmer - Cycad's suggestion

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39310 comments Mod
Macnacious, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Image of the Beast / Blown (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Philip José Farmer (other topics)