Southlake, TX Public Library discussion

What is at the top of your summer read list?

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Margo (new)

Margo | 16 comments Mod
For juvenile fiction it is The Wishtree. For YA it is The Court of Thorns and Roses and for adult it is Lilac Girls.

message 2: by Harriet (new)

Harriet Smith | 8 comments YA, The Hate you give.

message 3: by Harriet (new)

Harriet Smith | 8 comments adult fiction, The Alice Network
nonfiction, The Radium Girls: The Dark Story of America's Shining Women

message 4: by Casey (new)

Casey G (cgokenbach) | 8 comments Lilac Girls is on my list as well! I am about to start The Underground Railroad if I can ever force myself to finish The Shack. The Shack has high reviews from some friends, but I am really struggling with it.

message 5: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 9 comments What ISN'T on my list is a better question! I'm starting with Into the Water by Paula Hawkins. I have several YA novels picked out to read including A List of Cages, We are Okay, Wink Poppy Midnight, and Life in a Fishbowl.

Lilac Girls is very good. The Hate U Give is outstanding.

message 6: by Margo (new)

Margo | 16 comments Mod
I loved The Hate U Give!
My summer reading stack is always overly ambitious!

message 7: by Margo (new)

Margo | 16 comments Mod
Casey wrote: "Lilac Girls is on my list as well! I am about to start The Underground Railroad if I can ever force myself to finish The Shack. The Shack has high reviews from some friends, but I am really struggl..."
I wouldn't be too concerned with finishing a book because of its great reviews. If it isn't working for you I'd say abandon it!

message 8: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 9 comments Just requested Al Franken's new book as well as Kevin Kwan's Rich People Problems. It's the third in his series that started with Crazy Rich Asians. Great, funny series. The summer list continues to grow!