Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Cover Help > Cover Change

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kellyn (new)

Kellyn Roth (kellynrothauthor) | 39 comments I've updated the cover for my book, The Dressmaker's Secret. The new cover can be found here. Is it possible that that could be replaced?

message 2: by David (new)

David Raz (davidraz) | 4070 comments It cannot be replaced. Goodreads policy is to keep all published covers on the site, as readers want to shelve the cover of the copy they have. Instead of updating a cover, we add an alternate-cover edition (ACE).

We can create an ACE for you, but we need to know which edition it is for. The Kindle with ASIN B01AF700LG is no longer available on Amazon. The paperback with ISBN 1519732082 exists, but with the old cover. So what edition is this for? A new edition of Kindle? A new paperback? Same ASIN/ISBN as before?

message 3: by Kellyn (new)

Kellyn Roth (kellynrothauthor) | 39 comments This is for a new edition of Kindle and Paperback with the same ASIN/ISBN.

message 4: by David (new)

David Raz (davidraz) | 4070 comments Do you have a release date for the new cover editions?

message 5: by Kellyn (new)

Kellyn Roth (kellynrothauthor) | 39 comments June 24th, 2017.

message 6: by David (last edited May 22, 2017 01:30PM) (new)

David Raz (davidraz) | 4070 comments Excellent. Do let us know the page counts when you have them, or edit them yourself.
I've set both the Kindle and the paperback as "2nd edition" I hope this is what you meant.

As the author you can set the default edition. Simply click on one of the links below and follow these instructions.

Kindle ACE paperback ACE

message 7: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 41655 comments Mod
David wrote: "I've set both the Kindle and the paperback as "2nd edition""

This is not usual if the only change is to the cover.

message 8: by Kellyn (new)

Kellyn Roth (kellynrothauthor) | 39 comments rivka wrote: "David wrote: "I've set both the Kindle and the paperback as "2nd edition""

This is not usual if the only change is to the cover."

No, it's a new edition, complete with a different interior.

@David, thank you! It all looks good. :)

message 9: by David (new)

David Raz (davidraz) | 4070 comments rivka wrote: "David wrote: "I've set both the Kindle and the paperback as "2nd edition""

This is not usual if the only change is to the cover."

Most unusual if no new content, but as the author confirmed, it is a new edition with new content.
Actually, it's the first time I do an ACE which is a future release, that's also unusual for me.